CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel bad for the guys that have really been stepping up their game lately (or at least in a more visible manner) like @@Neighbor and @@GH057ayame and the casters and competitors that are going to feel bad about this and probably (hopefully not) catch shit when its no fault of theirs.

We knew the venue was going to be lackluster. Thats not really a new story.

The new story to me is that it is pretty clear that 110% effort was not put in to make the best possible use of the space. At least make what space you do have be as lit as fucking possible.

I think this is really important to remember for everyone. The casters, players, orgs, and fans showed up. People like neighbor are posting and do seem to want to do well. It's their bosses that are fucking it all up. The decisions at the top are just awful
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I wish our broadcast team focused less on their personal predictions and more on pure analysis of team's and their gameplay. It seems that all pre-game analysis is done as a means to justifying their predictions. Look at MNF (NFL) pre-game—the cover interesting storylines leading up to the game, cover how the team's and players have performed recently, matchups to look out for, what's at stake, etc. They eventually give their very brief predictions, but the vast majority of their coverage is not about those predictions. This has bothered me for a while. It's lazy broadcasting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good looks all around.

2e08c51bb2bc7c35db4d7aa352eac2e7.png

Can't really throw your employer / team under the bus :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 7

You actually aren't enjoying watching this? You have issues

Halo 5 isn't a good game. We're pretty much only watching because 1. Million dollar prize 2. we're addicts

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

COD is THE console esports game and has been for at least 7 years. And yes, PC comp ONLY. The console kiddies can still play the campaign though.  

CoD esports doesn't exist without Halo . THe fact that you use phrases like "console kiddies" let's me know this post will fall on deaf ears, and you aren't worth engaging with in a discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

back to worlds

i like NV as a team, what i dont like is this constant overhype from a caster standpoint that has made this whole tournament about them. and it's not just because they are sleeping on optic. the series liquid had against OG was much closer then the series score suggests. and we're immediately counting liquid out against NV when they have yet to beat them on lan since fall finals? all because nv sweeped the same teams liquid and optic already demolished, most of which were literal who's besides LG?

that whole wbf had me nervous as liquid were 1/2 good plays from taking games

I've been thinking the same thing. It's going to make it even sweeter when nV lose to TL again in LB, or when they get crushed in WB finals.

I wish our broadcast team focused less on their personal predictions and more on pure analysis of team's and their gameplay. It seems that all pre-game analysis is done as a means to justifying their predictions. Look at MNF (NFL) pre-game—the cover interesting storylines leading up to the game, cover how the team's and players have performed recently, matchups to look out for, what's at stake, etc. They eventually give their very brief predictions, but the vast majority of their coverage is not about those predictions. This has bothered me for a while. It's lazy broadcasting.

It's almost like most of them aren't actual esports casters/analysts, just washed up halo players trying to cast/analyze.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 isn't a good game. We're pretty much only watching because 1. Million dollar prize 2. we're addicts

Despite Halo 5's competitive issues (radar, Autos etc.) it is still fantastic to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We're above Battlefront, guys! http://swbstats.com/

:weback: :weback: :weback: :weback: :weback: :weback: :weback:

20k concurrent player would be top 25 on steam, too

this is the state of the industry, if you're not GTA V, Minecraft or League of Legends

Halo 5 isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a game with such an ability and movement with Frosty? Halo 5 puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a game with skill and passion again. Lethul breaks records. Cratos breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic. And Penguin's haircut.

You managed to hype up halo 5 more than anyone at 343/ESL ever has in a single forum post.

• Upvote (+1) 7

thanks for stopping by and getting premium

Hah, that would be the typical response. Guess now I have enough motivation to actually stop the auto-renew because instead of trying to actually comment on the points I made your own ego and precious desire to have popular opinon points just cost a few good people here my support.  Enjoy circle jerking each other and I'll be watching and actually supporting Halo by not coming here anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Its like he distilled the last 3 months of posts into one vlog. Hecz nailed it perfectly

First he removed all the toxicity and hyperbole, and replaced with reasoning and tact.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@Deizul Halo 5 is a good game in many ways. People are just frustrated that VERY easy and obvious changes could make it much better

• Upvote (+1) 1

the game is 1 1/2 years old

the last major update was months ago

the game is above games like The Division or Star Wars Battlefront

​(both Top 10 best selling games in their release year)

sure that is only terrible.

​Halo 2 and 3 were still played daily by millions 2 years after launch, i suspect

Solid cherry-picking there, bud. Just keep telling yourself that going from number 1 for 3 straight years to falling well behind LAST YEAR'S CoD (on one platform) is anything resembling good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's everyones go to meal for Champ sunday? Cant decide what to get for the games today

Making a shit ton of chicken and chorizo paella and then gonna eat it all to myself over the next couple days. Student life fam.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a game with such an ability and movement with Frosty? Halo 5 puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a game with skill and passion again. Lethul breaks records. Cratos breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic. And Penguin's haircut.

I don't really agree but will upvote you because others will just neg you because they disagree.

I really wish some of the obnoxious gamer tags I see online were on the stream for FFA. "AND POOPDICK420 WITH THE NINJA OH MYY"

• Upvote (+1) 2