CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Any of you still defending 343 or the Halo esports team are delusional shills.

The current state of this game is a fucking joke, and has been for a long time now. We are not growing, we are not attracting new players. And now, we're literally the biggest joke in esports for having a World Championship tournament that looks worse than a pop-up county fair.

Anyone involved with the Halo esports team needs to be fired.

the state of the game is totally fine

​the state of the esports part of the game is a problem

​halo is not like DOTA2 or CS:GO

halo is more like LOL and CoD in that regards

​the normal game is bigger and way more important than the esports part for the publisher and IP holder.

​so the developer can't and won't cater everything towards esports

the blame on the poor venue and wolds is obviously deserved, tho

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Show me why is I should like any of these mechanics.Tell me how sprint doesn't change the game.Tell me why they needed to change the formula when halo 3 was setting records doing its own thing.As someone who actually enjoyed halo 5,I can still agree this community has every right to be angry.

The proof is in the pudding, look at CoD events and compare it, and that's why this community is delusional, CoD captures the imagination of gamers which is the thing Halo have the most trouble doing which is why we get the event venue we got.

• Downvote (-1) 4

The proof is in the pudding, look at CoD events and compare it, and that's why this community is delusional, CoD captures the imagination of gamers which is the thing Halo have the most trouble doing which is why we get the event venue we got.

What the fuck is he trying to say?

• Upvote (+1) 4

To be fair, most of the CoD esports community despise IW and can't wait for a return to boots on the ground 'back-to-basics' next year. But Activision are very lucky in that they have a tremendous company like MLG to make even the most contrived sci-fi twitch shooter look exciting.

Hello everybody this is Simms and welcome to the CHAMPIONSHED SUNDAY OF THE HCS SHED CHAMPIONSHEDS

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Give me 5 reasons to be positive about the current state of Halo.

I meant insulting everyone who doesn't agree like that. Someone may be okay or not know everything. That does not make them delusional or shills.

It's petty and I thought you were above that.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Fair play play to Hecz for keeping it real (although I wouldn't expect anything less from him) I think not getting drawn into pure rant territory made it far more impactful. If these words "do they even care?" don't resonate, coming from the owner of one of the biggest orgs in Esports then I don't know what will.

Man it really seems like some people are more concerned with the tone of the criticism than with fixing the things that caused the criticism

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is that why CoD is going back to boots on the ground for their next game? Back to WWII? Maybe, just maybe, they heard the community complain enough about jetpacks that they actually listened and are going back to a game that the community actually want.

The babe behind the blue team during matches is the only thing positive about current state of halo

Chelsea I think her name is

the state of the game is totally fine

Yeah. It's doing great, dude. Flag ship franchise out of the top 20 most played on the only platform it was released on. lmfao. The "normal" game is doing terribly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The babe behind the blue team during matches is the only thing positive about current state of halo

she has a name and is called Chelsea

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bullshit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahcnbMdrltI

It was at the top of Xbox live for three straight years.300k people on every day.

On a different note guess what has 47.3k upvotes on the gaming subreddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/61jxer/the_feels/

I'm curious to know what the consensus is here.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12612252

stupid poll is stupid. Having MLG run the show is just like putting lipstick on a pig. Halo 5 is a crap game and no amount of flash from MLG can change that. It's time for a new developer, new game, and new settings, and for the love of God, get the game comp on PC!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Of the "new" stuff in Halo 5 compared to Halo 2 and 3, 1.)I would say I'd like to keep clambering. I really like how it increases the verticality of the gameplay. 2.) I don't personally mind sprinting, but I'd be ok if they dropped it back out. If they keep it, they need to get rid of spartan charge in multiplayer. 3.) I personally don't like ground pound as a mechanic in multiplayer either.  4.) I think radar makes sense in Halo 5 with the speed of play and the mechanics mentioned before, but I think Halo is better without all of it (again I'd like to keep their clamber mechanic, it makes movement feel smooth) Maybe they could make some compromise on movement speed between the sprinting speed of H5 and the slower movement speed of 2 and 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regardless of the venue and the issues today - let's all enjoy these fucking awesome games today.

i am dubious more than i am hopeful 

really nasty past couple of pages on here

staying away for at least an hour, and we'll see after that

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's the chick Tashi pays to be his friend.

lol what makes you say that?