CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I couldn't agree with you more, most people on here think Microsoft is making a killing off of Halo so they demand event venues like CoD, a game that most believe is worst than Halo, this community don't like radar, they don't like sprint, they don't like spartan charge, they don't like ground pound, what they do like is Halo 2 and 3 so they can't comprehend that these abilities captures the imagination of the average gamer that's why they stay complaining and blaming 343 for the game not being as successful as it once was, but the truth is, the direction 343 is taking the game is in fact the right one.

Whats really holding Halo back is it's community, they're not willing to let go of nostalgia and evolve with the game.

Show me why is I should like any of these mechanics.Tell me how sprint doesn't change the game.Tell me why they needed to change the formula when halo 3 was setting records doing its own thing.As someone who actually enjoyed halo 5,I can still agree this community has every right to be angry.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Been a minute since the last time I've been on the forums. Had to stop by after watching HECZ vids. Real shame what happened this weekend. Hope this is a wake up call to everyone. 

what happened?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we going to pretend that ESL isn't completely justified in blocking Frank? Even before balloongate I wouldn't blame them.

do you live on Mars?

• Upvote (+1) 2

what happened?

Outside of the VIP seating area, the event looks like a 6 year old's birthday party and Twitter found out thanks to Hecz and Frank.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just waiting for some analyst or caster to try to go one a bullshit rant on the Halo stream today in response to all the flack that the event has gotten. My guess is that T2 would probably say something and it's more than likely going to do more damage to a terrible situation.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the worst part of it all is that if your just watching from home, the event has been flawless. The best production quality Halo has seen in a long time, little to no downtime, utterly fantastic game play, smooth as butter commentators, and gosh darn team/player rivalries.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just waiting for some analyst or caster to try to go one a bullshit rant on the Halo stream today in response to all the flack that the event has gotten. My guess is that T2 would probably say something and it's more than likely going to do more damage to a terrible situation.

Best damage control would be to not mention anything, especially as it doesn't affect people watching the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Outside of the VIP seating area, the event looks like a 6 year old's birthday party and Twitter found out thanks to Hecz and Frank.

Thank god I have frank muted. I almost wanted to thank him.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Are we still gonna pretend like I'm not one hundred percent vindicated in all my issues with the HCS, ESL, and 343 Industries? 

Feels good not to owe you an apology. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm curious to know what the consensus is here.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12612252

I don't either option is sustainable.  We need to find a way for ESL and MLG to coexist. We did it during last HWC and we can do it again.  ESL can run pro league while MLG handles all open events.  I guarantee Adam would be on board.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the worst part of it all is that if your just watching from home, the event has been flawless. The best production quality Halo has seen in a long time, little to no downtime, utterly fantastic game play, smooth as butter commentators, and gosh darn team/player rivalries.  

This is very true - all the anger over the venue, whilst 100% warranted, is just noise to me when I'm watching the stream. The matches have been so intense, the casting some of the best it has been in a long while, and the production almost faultless. Hell, even the stage looks nice, same with the analyst desk.

WE'RE SO CLOSE YET SO FAR

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well boys... 

9af7edd3c5f7dd34b4089766563273a2.png

Perhaps @@TheSimms could issue me an official statement. 

LMAO

5 million + copies sold at launch 

less than 1 % of that still played 2 months later

Yeah their vision has been fantastic bro. 

you got a source on that?

​MS said Halo 5 playerbase in June 2016 was above launch

Any of you still defending 343 or the Halo esports team are delusional shills.

Thought you were better then this but I guess not.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I'm curious to know what the consensus is here.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12612252

I don't believe that MLG is the *only* organization that can save halo. They would definitely be a huge help, but I think that if halo allowed for other organizations like PGL to run a few tournaments, it would set the bar higher for ESL.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

you got a source on that?

​MS said Halo 5 playerbase in June 2016 was above launch

Microsoft's servers automatically ping all your smurfs when there is a update, also pings inactive players when there is a update.

So basically if you have the game on your hard drive you are considered a MAU, if you have 10 smurfs you are 10 MAU.

Halo fans need to move on, all good things come to an end.

343 needs to find a new title to harvest the brand.