CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just looked at twitter and wow Halo and hcs were killing it yesterday with updates.

So...we have several VIPs that have come here during the tournament, good social media presence with updates, awesome filler content, high quality production, 2 steams, short down time, on schedule (maybe even ahead), quality casting, and AMAZING matches.

Sure wish I knew how to place that "we back" sign from mobile...admin edit?

Well most of the above was still true today, but no esl/343 employees for some reason. I guess some questions are too difficult for anyone to answer

For real though what a turn of events from yesterday. The saddest part was the lack of close series. I'm really interested to see what ends up happening from the social media firestorm.

Well thank you for response. I'm sure you will get millions of upvotes. I also thank you sincerely for answering. It's taken a long time for an actual answer (not aiming my crosshairs at you, people like to talk for you on here). However, you still seem to have a plethora of problems when running events. However small these might be, you still seem to have them and you consider yourself an industry veteran. The Halo audio problems, CoD ATL had stream quality issues and bad floor plans that honestly looked like an empty hall with 3 rows. 

I just can't fathom how these small problems still exsist. If you have 15+ years of experience, this should be sorted in the first 5, nevermind 10. A lot of other TOs have caught up. Riot is doing an amazing job. CS:GO is also catching up with events like Poland. The problem is, ESL is also working on a shoestring budget. They need to pick their quality up just as much. I am not happy with how things are going but you have had just as many problems as them. I just don't see how you can bring anything different. You were given chances. Also, you were offered H2A as you said but chose not to do it because of the shoestring budget yet ESL could pull it off. It's all a bit contradictory. They took an initial risk and they should be rewarded.

you will probably disagree with me saying but now H5 has backing and funding, MLG is calling. You didn't help us when we needed you. You cheered on that last event. The video is chilling. ESL took the risk. Let them have it, I say. If you weren't willing to do the best on the budget you were offered and ESL was, I can't see how you offer more. 

Thanks for the discussion. 

I'm not going to speak for him, especially since as an outsider I/none of us actually knows what goes on behind closed doors in regrades to Halo/MLG etc but from what hes posted on here it seems like MLG wasn't even given a chance at an offer or allowed to be in the discussion, or at least at certain periods in times.

Anyway what I will touch on is you seem to be fixated on the audio issues at regionals. Audio issues that were due to the product (turtle beaches) and they resolved it by overnighting Astros. I don't know shit about sponsors/endorsements but I'd go out on a limb and say overnighting a competitors product to resolve issues with your product in front of thousands of viewers on stream probably doesn't sit well with them.

You're also fixated on the fact that issues exist in the first place. I don't know what fairytale land you live in but nothing is perfect. Whats important is the reaction and turn around from mistakes to correcting them, and how you deal with them. Theres a big difference between the two.

Also, if you can't fathom how MLG has all these small issues, do you feel the same way about ESL and the rest of the HCS and how they have a ton of issues that shouldn't exist or other nonsensical shit? (With that said this events been great to watch from home, hope its great for the spectators there)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Jesus, Gandhi has to be the worst caster I've ever heard.

Shockwave was one of the worst in h3 too.

I don't think anyone tops that annoying weasely guy mlg had during late h2. I can't remember his name but he was young I think. I truly hated him

Well most of the above was still true today, but no esl/343 employees for some reason. I guess some questions are too difficult for anyone to answer

For real though what a turn of events from yesterday. The saddest part was the lack of close series. I'm really interested to see what ends up happening from the social media firestorm.

They must be busy running an event or something. Priorities right?

Yo do we now have the owner of a different TO and the dev of a different game in this thread and still no one from ESL/343?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Back to HWC...ill reignite it.

I got Optic sweeping the grand finals.

If it's Liquid then I agree, really hoping NV makes it to grand finals so we can see an extended series. No offense to Str8.

a better questio, who do they face?

I'm rooting for str8 over NV, but really optic would rather face liquid or str8. I think they'll beat.nv too but they know NV is a tougher series than liquid

They must be busy running an event or something. Priorities right?

Don't forget, they sometimes lose their passwords too :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't see a sweep if NV or Liquid are there.

I'll say 4-1

If you concede that everything you listed is better than it used to be aside from maybe advertising, then how can you conclude things are going backwards? Do you not see how silly that is?

From worlds then to now is a much better experience as a fan and player. That doesn't mean things are where they should be necessarily but it doesn't mean we're heading towards Agl either

I'm not conceding that at all...maybe I wasn't clear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that we know EU halo sucks can 343 cut all those LANs and focus on FPL? EU collectively won less than 5 games against NA teams LUL

Simms might have to file for unemployment but I heard U.K. got decent healthcare. He will be iight

FPL > EU

• Downvote (-1) 18

Inbetween series at this LAN I am catching up on this thread. After reading whatsupwhatsup's post I was about to stop checking till tomorrow, but than I saw that sweet strikethrough on his username.

I read it all like 3 times and it still just seems pointless, unless the point was grasping for straws.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The way NV played today though... you never know but it is looking like easy OpTic win. How excited are you for Huke when he comes to CoD?

NBNS Reach > Halo 5.

Also fuck ESL scamming people for $65 to watch a shitty stream in a tent. I don't think anything is going to change either. 343 is an incompetent developer and for some reason ESL is still in the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sitting in the tent, and partaking in the "festival" portion of the event should have been free. People need to be given refunds if they aren't able to get into the stage area. 

If they wanted the scene to grow, I don't know why they'd charge for access to that stuff. Especially considering the majority of offerings are merch booths and food trucks anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 3