CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is spot on. What you call "interest" I internally call hype. Hype is huge for a program. Fans and players need a reason to give a fuck. My design principles that my team operate against are easy:

PAR

Participation, Aspiration, Revenue. Everything we design must account for these criteria. I have internal manifestos written waxing on about this but to tldr it

Generate hype for a ton of people and don't lose your ass financially while doing it

Speaking of "participation", how difficult would it be to run bracket challenges w/ prizing for events? 

March Madness got me all hot and bothered right now. 

It's almost as if people are starting to notice the plethora of issues we keep talking about...

No, they're just noticing the community complaining about one issue, the venue.

Just chiming in to defend Gears for a second. Gears had 60+ teams of 5 on thanks giving weekend. We had a 100,000 square foot venue and in hind sight it was one of our worst thought out floor plans of all time. MLG events (me) screwed up, not the system. The floor plan made it look empty, that was a critical mistake.

The system just had 2 weeks in a row of 15k and 20k viewers for our Wednesday fight night's show and nearly 1,000 teams in a recent map testing tournament. Gears is growing.

Edit: also an event on thanksgiving was not wise either. Was a major debate with the coalition team and we all agree that if we could do over on another weekend, we would.

You mean like, when you make a mistake, you learn from that and actually execute better the next time? As evidenced by gears continuous growth. I really envy their approach :(

So far this halo event has been broadcast well. The games have been great. Delays because of an act of god and to make the games fair dont bother me.

But the venue is a disgrace. We kind of knew this going in, but guess we're hoping that putting some lipstick on the pig would make it look like a prom queen. Given the good quality of the broadcast, its a shame the the in person experience isnt up to the quality that i feel halo deserves, bringing pr for the wrong reasons.

Hopefully we hit 100k twitch viewers tomorrow and all the series go for 7 tight games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of "participation", how difficult would it be to run bracket challenges w/ prizing for events? 

March Madness got me all hot and bothered right now. 

Get Shrekt. 

And @ thanks for stopping in today! Vin is right, I loved filling out a bracket for CoD Champs because it kept me engaged the entire weekend. Was that resource intensive and do you think it improved viewership or kept people engaged throughout across the whole viewing population? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You mean creek Koth when Flamesword went like -23 and won? It was at the NBNS tournament that everyone showed up to before MLG dropped Halo

Jesus, Gandhi has to be the worst caster I've ever heard. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

NV was on fire today. Didn't drop a single game, going 12-0

Yeah, they looked totally different than they did Friday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, they looked totally different than they did Friday.

Considering the teams they played today, it would've been more shocking if they didn't go 12-0. IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Only registered to say...

Sorry. She's part of my team and she isn't going anywhere ;)

You guys have done great with Gears. Keep that momentum please. Solid events so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Considering the teams they played today, it would've been more shocking if they didn't go 12-0. IMO.

CP took Str8 to Game 7 and took T4 at a very competitive Vegas event

LG played great this weekend and went to G7 with Envy at Vegas, IIRC

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about all crowdfunding money from here on out goes to poaching Jack Felling from The Coalition? Hiring her would have a higher ROI than increasing prize pools for LANs tbh   :simms:

How about The Coalition just getting the reigns to Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 4

stop talking about gears. k thx. lets talk some mfing halo in here boyZ.

Change

Your

Sig

Pls. 

It reminds me of having hope, which is a kick in the balls lol

CP took Str8 to Game 7 and took T4 at a very competitive Vegas event

LG played great this weekend and went to G7 with Envy at Vegas, IIRC

That says more about str8 then it does about NV. I'll give you LG, but they were bracket fucked to begin with.