CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

no no, hitch is making a documentary and in a recent podcast Hecz was talking to the Halo team about what needs to be done and what he can do on his end to help fix some issues. Optic has plans of getting more and more involved in Halo

H3cz can get more involved with the scene then. Though it isn't his job as org owner. He did post here in the past. But if he spoke to the guys at 343, he could get them to take the scene more seriously than us fans.

I dont know the exact game (hopefully someone else can link it) but you'd probably like a certain SQ vs Godsquad Instinct KoTH game back in Reach.

You mean creek Koth when Flamesword went like -23 and won? It was at the NBNS tournament that everyone showed up to before MLG dropped Halo

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, if you want to make sense next time, correlate it to a Gears of War 4 2K event and we absolutely destroy them. It's online VS online. Basically the same format.

#minionsquad 

okay well our HWC 1k qualifiers averaged a 2.2k peak

and their 2k just hit 20k peak

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thats not fair Moses! You have to use Pro League numbers!

Oh wait...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm talking about worlds seasons only bro.

Like I said, in terms of format, we're doing better with double elim. Setting between now and worlds 2016 are debatable, but ill give it to you. We also didn't have crowdfunding for this worlds season, despite them saying they would.

He wasn't talking about worlds season, he said halo eSports is going backward, which means it's all going backwards.

And even if it was just worlds, that too is a lie.

There were no open lans to qualify for worlds last season. There were this year.

There was no lcq. There was this year.

Lowest team in pool play eliminated from tourney last year. This year they had a chance to compete.

The only thing worse about worlds this year is less NA teams. That's it.

This community really is toxic and delusional.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

You seem to be a very good statistician so let me ask you this.

GoW 2K: 3 games, 1 of those games is Optic which brings in viewers. Short amount of total stream time.

Halo Pro League (Not amateur qualification): Streams for a total of 3 hours+, 4 games, multiple teams.

Now, does it pass your head that maybe the numbers are skewered? The averages for Gears would be bigger since the numbers/time would be larger than our numbers/time since we stream longer and have teams people aren't interested in and drop out.

Thoughts?

edit: tagging @

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just remembered, didn't renegade get dropped on roster lock day for Shottyz?

Str8 was all over the place till then. Shottyz saved Str8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He wasn't talking about worlds season, he said halo eSports is going backward, which means it's all going backwards.

Lots of things have gotten better and worse. If we could just see them do make the improvements we know they can make halo could be great all around. 

There's no need to start calling people toxic and saying ninjas whining because he lost, we all want the best for halo.

H3cz can get more involved with the scene then. Though it isn't his job as org owner. He did post here in the past. But if he spoke to the guys at 343, he could get them to take the scene more seriously than us fans.

There are a lot of untold (or simply forgotten) stories of how mismanaged and mistreated Halo has been (the competitive community in particular) but depending on who they (h3cz or hitch) ask a completely different picture would be painted.

I can think of a few things worse besides "less NA teams".

Prize pool, venue, viewership, advertisement, and public opinion (rightfully or not).

Hang your hat on a bad open LAN format and an online LCQ though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You mean creek Koth when Flamesword went like -23 and won? It was at the NBNS tournament that everyone showed up to before MLG dropped Halo

Yeah maybe. I thought it was on a forge map though and was pre nbns. Probably misremembering.

MLG events (me) screwed up, not the system. The floor plan made it look empty, that was a critical mistake.

Wait what the fuck is this sorcery?

I think I read an ancient scroll with a spell like this once.  The spell was called Admitting You Made A Mistake.  The spell's effects include, but are not limited to: Assuaging fan aggro/frustration, improving future events, and growing the scene.

Can you please share this arcane knowledge with 343, ESL, and anyone else in charge of Halo for its future?

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also wanted to say casting has been top notch this event, everyone has been doing a great job somehow its improved from the previous events

You seem to be a very good statistician so let me ask you this.

GoW 2K: 3 games, 1 of those games is Optic which brings in viewers. Short amount of total stream time.

Halo Pro League (Not amateur qualification): Streams for a total of 3 hours+, 4 games, multiple teams.

Now, does it pass your head that maybe the numbers are skewered? The averages for Gears would be bigger since the numbers/time would be larger than our numbers/time since we stream longer and have teams people aren't interested in and drop out.

Thoughts?

edit: tagging @

Bell curve of engagement based on time watched doesn't matter. Stats to consider is average time watched, uniques, and for the ego maniacs out there...peak concurrent (most useless stat in the world). Gears does very well with the key KPIs

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bell curve of engagement based on time watched doesn't matter. Stats to consider is average time watched, uniques, and for the ego maniacs out there...peak concurrent (most useless stat in the world). Gears does very well with the key KPIs

The only problem I have with watching Gears is how much the camera moves. Because I'm not in control of it it makes me a little dizzy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao "Stop being so pessimistic, side note: did anyone see that news article about how bad our venue is?"

Made your point a bit moot there.

Not saying I agree with it. Just sad to see one of the few times we make news its for the wrong reasons.

I posted a screencap of Frank's tweet to r/gaming and out of nowhere got like 6 replies from people complaining about me being misleading. :lxthul:

did the gears 2Ks do better than a 1,700 average concurrent ?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I guess Summit was denied streaming permission huh? IIRC he streamed Saturday and Sunday last year and it boosted viewership lots. 

Oh well. 

We don't want anyone inflating the numbers now  :simms:

Settings that aren't optimized to be competitive such as radar, ar starts, storm rifles/smgs/brute plasma rifles, etc

A spectator mode for most of the tournaments where it doesn't show where people are shooting and therefore confuses and puts off new viewers

Poor advertisement/venues in general compared to MLG organized tournaments

Less excitement from the community because of the above reasons and more

343 has definitely done some good things but I think it's hard to say someone is 100% delusional for their opinion that things have gone backwards

If you concede that everything you listed is better than it used to be aside from maybe advertising, then how can you conclude things are going backwards? Do you not see how silly that is?

From worlds then to now is a much better experience as a fan and player. That doesn't mean things are where they should be necessarily but it doesn't mean we're heading towards Agl either

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There are so many variables you seem to be missing. If you have Optic start a day, which I have seen multiple TOs use as a marketing ploy, people will stay after since they have already been introduced to the game mechanics via supporting a team regardless of what game is playing.

An overwhelming amount of the 2Ks  have Optic playing first and people stay after "since they only have 2-3 games to go until the night is finished, I might as well stay". 

It sounds ridiculous to forum members but I'm sure you understand and consider these variables. It's why MLG has Optic play first and late a night usually in tournament play.

With that said, now I see you replying. I've been on here asking for replies to these questions for a while now but nobody can seem to answer. You seem a little agitated that ESL was given the contract. They fuck up and I can't wait to rub what Timo said to me a couple of months ago in his face on Monday when it's finished. However, you were given 2 chances with Halo 5: X-Games had audio issues. National Qualifier had Audio and Headset issues that you had to next day Astros. I've watched what you have done for CoD. It's great but right now, Activision is throwing buckets full of money at CoD in the hopes of it sticking. You are doing great things with this but you were given chances and you also screwed up. You also admitted to screwing up GoW before, so since you have 10+ years of doing this. Why are you still messing up and what could you bring to Halo that ESL couldn't if they picked their pants up for once?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13