CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Guess it's typical, once you get trapped in a corner you seem to go silent and wait for the minions to arrive and back you up.

Or hes getting a really dank snack and its worth it

Dunkaroo's or something, mMmMmmmm

• Upvote (+1) 6

That is a lie.

There was single elimination last worlds -> double elimination this year

There were zero open lans in season 1 -> multiple post season1, with more coming

Settings were shit -> not so shit, and new radar coming

Only top4 pro teams make it to finals -> everyone goes now

Relegation teams can't compete finals -> they can now

No crowdfunding for open events -> there is now

Like I said, anyone that says things aren't improving is a liar with an agenda. And ninja is venting because he played like shit most of the tourney and his team got stomped

I'm talking about worlds seasons only bro.

Like I said, in terms of format, we're doing better with double elim. Setting between now and worlds 2016 are debatable, but ill give it to you. We also didn't have crowdfunding for this worlds season, despite them saying they would.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guess it's typical, once you get trapped in a corner you seem to go silent and wait for the minions to arrive and back you up.

What else should we compare it to, the venue looks comparable to my high school disco

• Upvote (+1) 2

You got me there, well guess it's back to my hole so me and my little ones can plan the next crusade against tournaments with food trucks and tents.

If only you would, you're constant pessimism and whining is grating.

OT: anyone seen this article yet? not a great look to the wider esports community

http://compete.kotaku.com/fans-are-ripping-the-halo-world-championship-for-its-sh-1793643606

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You got me there, well guess it's back to my hole so me and my little ones can plan the next crusade against tournaments with food trucks and tents.

How do I get a "Cyren's Minion" flair?

• Upvote (+1) 4

What else should we compare it to, the venue looks comparable to my high school disco

Easy, lets compare it to other EXCLUSIVE console esport shooters. We are the best. Highest viewership. Highest event turnout. Again, I know everyone here loves MLG but the 2nd Gears event ran by them, they actually removed seating and it was a massive empty hall with a main stage and about 2 rows of seats around it. 

I don't deny that quality should be better for a World Final but don't compare us to CoD. Just like you wouldn't with CoD to CS:GO because CS would absolutely decimate them 

Ninja is objectively 100% wrong, and anyone that says things aren't better is delusional.

Better than what? I can't think of much except for no-brainer things like double elim. that has improved since last year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was hoping they wouldn't play so many games today.  I'm off tomorrow so I was looking forward to a full day for viewing.  Oh well, at least we're not getting Championship Monday

If only you would, you're constant pessimism and whining is grating.

OT: anyone seen this article yet? not a great look to the wider esports community

http://compete.kotaku.com/fans-are-ripping-the-halo-world-championship-for-its-sh-1793643606

Lmao "Stop being so pessimistic, side note: did anyone see that news article about how bad our venue is?"

Made your point a bit moot there.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Easy, lets compare it to other EXCLUSIVE console esport shooters. We are the best. Highest viewership. Highest event turnout. Again, I know everyone here loves MLG but the 2nd Gears event ran by them, they actually removed seating and it was a massive empty hall with a main stage and about 2 rows of seats around it. 

I don't deny that quality should be better for a World Final but don't compare us to CoD. Just like you wouldn't with CoD to CS:GO because CS would absolutely decimate them 

We're the fastest in a one man race, is what you're saying.

Ninja is objectively 100% wrong, and anyone that says things aren't better is delusional.

you said you were an adult? 

this is the most childish thing i have ever heard on this forum, and we have @@Cratos

• Upvote (+1) 3

GoW AC next week is going to make this event look like shit

and their fight night peaked higher than any pro league night

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so tempted to go, but it's a 3 hour drive :(

and their fight night peaked higher than any pro league night

you are really going to pit pro league numbers with tournament numbers? lol?

If so, CoD world league in BO3 averaged 15K. We aren't that far behind.

At least try and make some correlation. Also, the 2nd event was god awful in terms of production. Look at how empty it was. Congrats on blowing it out the water next week though. 

you are really going to pit pro league numbers with tournament numbers? lol?

If so, CoD world league in BO3 averaged 15K. We aren't that far behind.

At least try and make some correlation. Also, the 2nd event was god awful in terms of production. Look at how empty it was. Congrats on blowing it out the water next week though. 

i compared HCS pro league to GoW online showcase matches

but whatever, guess i'm just a #Minion 

• Upvote (+1) 7

i compared HCS pro league to GoW online showcase matches

but whatever, guess i'm just a #Minion 

No, if you want to make sense next time, correlate it to a Gears of War 4 2K event and we absolutely destroy them. It's online VS online. Basically the same format.

#minionsquad 

We could also compare halo 5 with halo 5 and see better venues than worlds 2017. Just a month ago EU was held at wembleys great hall and NA qualifiers were held at actual venues and not just a shed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Settings that aren't optimized to be competitive such as radar, ar starts, storm rifles/smgs/brute plasma rifles, etc

A spectator mode for most of the tournaments where it doesn't show where people are shooting and therefore confuses and puts off new viewers

Poor advertisement/venues in general compared to MLG organized tournaments

Less excitement from the community because of the above reasons and more

343 has definitely done some good things but I think it's hard to say someone is 100% delusional for their opinion that things have gone backwards

• Upvote (+1) 2

Crazy to see Royal 2 have a game like that and OG still win how they did.

I dont know the exact game (hopefully someone else can link it) but you'd probably like a certain SQ vs Godsquad Instinct KoTH game back in Reach.

So I guess Summit was denied streaming permission huh? IIRC he streamed Saturday and Sunday last year and it boosted viewership lots. 

Oh well.