CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did you watch any of the major CoD events?

I dont even like CoD but I watch SOLELY for the packed crowds. 

It MAKES the tourneys. Events go from good to great with a crowd.

ex: MLG NA Regionals. AMAZING crowd. I'd bet a lot of stream traffic was generated soley for the huke and bubu dubu chants. It makes you STAY after you open up the stream for curiosity.  

Do you know what makes a difference to me? Being able to come on here and see a bunch of people getting hype about the actual games. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

In before this image is used in another article to give a negative image

6Q2NTyi.jpg

They linked my tweet in that article too.

Does that make me relevant?

If so, do I get a spinning face?

your tweet is not linked anywhere in the article that I can see ...?

http://compete.kotaku.com/fans-are-ripping-the-halo-world-championship-for-its-sh-1793643606?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

also you realize that there's now a spinning version of your ridiculous hat because people are mocking you for asking to get a spinning face?  just stop while you're behind, dude

• Upvote (+1) 1

Real. I went in there hoping to watch Bravo somewhere in the venue since it's not open to the public (that I know of) and I just saw that in the corner with little or no audio.

lmao im crying. is that even 30 inch?

The consensus seems to be that Frank's tweet is going to force 343/ESL to make changes. I wonder if those changes include 343 giving up on the HCS and moving on with their lives. The HCS is solely an advertising tool, and if all it's generating is bad advertising, then why continue it?

Obviously a lot more would go into that decision, but it's just a thought.

• Upvote (+1) 3

watching Splyce dominate STR8 because of AUTOS is just another reason this franchise is dead. Disgusting to watch, no skill game.

You realise you don't HAVE to watch right?

Unless E6 has your family, in which case blink twice and I'll send help.

`i dont care if I get negged. I want the best for Halo and this is just a disgrace of international proportions.

you post like a rational adult

makes all the difference

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are ridiculously ahead of schedule right now. This series wasn't even supposed to be on main stage. Definitely didn't see that coming.

The consensus seems to be that Frank's tweet is going to force 343/ESL to make changes. I wonder if those changes include 343 giving up on the HCS and moving on with their lives. The HCS is solely an advertising tool, and if all it's generating is bad advertising, then why continue it?

Obviously a lot more would go into that decision, but it's just a thought.

If the HCS gets canned it's no one in the community's fault - please don't do that narrative.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No, I would be entirely shocked if this happens. H3cz basically doesn't know a damn thing about Halo, but he's expressed his respect for the competitive scene. During the OpTic podcast with PJ, TJ, and Brad, he found out about the problems with the scene currently. He's not the type of guy to look at that and go, "well, that sucks!" and be done with it. He wants the best for not just his players, but the competitive community as a whole. For him to back out of Halo would be abandoning his ideals.

While I agree, we have seen orgs dropping out like flies, even home grown orgs like Allegiance. When there isnt a world championship next year, and only a broken online pro league, even less orgs than what we have now, will they stay? It all depends on the support that 343 give the scene after this HWC.

If the HCS gets canned it's no one in the community's fault - please don't do that narrative.

??????

I haven't blamed anyone wtf

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did we ever figure out what drama Ace was talking about last night?

your tweet is not linked anywhere in the article that I can see ...?

http://compete.kotaku.com/fans-are-ripping-the-halo-world-championship-for-its-sh-1793643606?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

also you realize that there's now a spinning version of your ridiculous hat because people are mocking you for asking to get a spinning face?  just stop while you're behind, dude

Click "been some speculation" the hyperlink.

Also, why are you taking this so seriously?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did we ever figure out what drama Ace was talking about last night?

All losers bracket teams at start of day 2 had to do balloons for the venue, the pictures are the protest.