CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OH SHIT GUYS. THIS IS GETTING HUGE

If i was expecting a live halo event and ended up sitting in that id be pissed!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was expecting 30-40k today and like 60k for grand finals. Boy was I optimistic

I think people really overestimate where this franchise is in the spectrum of things
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yup! Never been more embarrassed to be a Halo fan.

I hope this picks up and we even see a Kotaku article or something with maybe a NeoGAF thread as a result.

More of a shit-storm the better. .

Next comes the NeoGAF thread...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Surely this 60k viewers from twitter number has to be from people unmuting it and putting it full screen? If it was just autoplay it would be way higher

Bummer, but totally expected. Nothing in that article really about the quality of the tournament itself.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to the figures in control at 343 and ESL. Competitive Halo with ESL is way too sterile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good the bigger this gets the more likely that 343 is forced to do something.

Actually, this one has nothing to do with 343. They're at fault for a lot, but this lies solely on ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it sucks guys, but think of the positives - no other community might have to deal with the "campus" again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm hysterically giggling in my room right now.

Honestly I have no idea how to comprehend a couple of tweets turning into this spectacle.

• Upvote (+1) 5

1) ESL - let whoever the fuck will fit into the venue regardless of ticket. Your venue is shit for an event of this magnitude and you know it. You should be doing whatever you can to make it as lit as possible.

2) mikwin is killing it. Holy shit he is the best player at the event rn.

3) anybody who thinks the venue and crowd doesnt make a difference to the vast majority of viewers (whether they acknowledge it consciously or not) either didnt watch CoD last weekend or did and have no soul

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually, this one has nothing to do with 343. They're at fault for a lot, but this lies solely on ESL.

343 is ultimately the one in charge though since they're the ones who provide the funding and chooses who runs the HCS.

OH SHIT GUYS. THIS IS GETTING HUGE

This is a really bad look for 343 and ESL but i sure am glad that there is a media outlet that can put them on blast. Our passionate community needed a voice and it's great that we are getting this kind of attention today. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Franks initial tweet was getting a lot of traction on /v/

(Don't ask me why I was on /v/ it's nearly 7am here)

Could you link the thread?