CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ghost is the kind of person that makes Europeans hate Americans.

what'd he do now? i remember yesterday during str8-cp he was ripping his co-host for doing an "EU" impersonation and how it could never stand up to an NA one.

i mean i get that some people find that kind of jingoism hilarious but it just seeemed sort of off putting, and his co host wasn't really laughing either. I'm not a huge fan of his commentary tbh, I wish Goldenboy could've made it

• Upvote (+1) 2

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

OMG and we are just getting started, a lot of hype matches today and I will not be able to upvote the good posts. :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

OMG and we are just getting started, a lot of hype matches today and I will not be able to upvote the good posts. :(

HWC 2017 SALE: PREMIUM IS 50% OFF!

Make the jump from 80 rep to 250 :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sounds like you're in need of a Premium Membership.  Me too...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't you just love it when people post videos about MLG crowds literally cheering for their games to be kept on a circuit only to be misconstrued as that was the crowd each event? No?

How about referencing an MLG event from the biggest selling entertainment franchise of all time that is multiplatform, top played console game, available on the current biggest console base and has 4000000 prize pool?

I sure do love it :D 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did the stream ever mention why the teams that placed 3rd in their pool got a bye in first rounds of losers instead of playing another 3rd place team? Seems crazy to me that bar the impossible happening, envy could place 9-12 even though they made it through groups into the winners bracket

They get a bye because there's no teams coming from a previous Losers Round to play -- When you have 12 teams left, the 4 in the Losers Bracket don't play each other, they play the teams dropping from the 8 in Winners.

This is just how brackets work.

Losers Bracket alternates between a round where all the teams in Losers Bracket face off against one another and a round where the teams match up against teams falling from Winners.  Since this was a 12 team tournament, there were no others to face off against in Losers, so they "Bye" that round and play the teams falling from Winners R1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just realized that @@Ninja's fiancee and family were forced to sit in the tent. The actual state of that.

dzQZwto.png

food truck alley looks lit :lxthul:

man... the idea of using Burbank again was a running joke for months (before they actually announced it) for a reason, but these tweets are somehow sadder.

glad the commentators are nice and fed before their series lmao

While the Venue is dogshit and we knew this like Months ago.. this picture is from outside and a lot think the viewing tent is the real specator area.

Though I hope everyone puts 343 on blast.. or better Microsoft. 

Get MLG involved again. 

Though Ocelote is a fucking idiot and nobody should put anything on his words, Halo shouldn't deserve to be titled esport? Halo was a popular console esport before this guy made his first dollars in this business

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys. We ESL are getting absolutely embarrassed on the cod comp subreddit. 

That's more accurate I think.

Whats the point in having this video content if the time between games is too short to show it.

If only the power users would stop pushing an agenda with photoshopped pictures :lxthul:

Can people stop being upset over their favorite games finals being held at a after school party. The gameplay is the only thing that's important!

I know people that don't even play Halo are making fun of it lol. Not good for advertisement. 

If the gameplay was the only important thing than IW wouldn't be getting 100k+ viewers on MLG.tv every event.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If the gameplay was the only important thing than IW wouldn't be getting 100k+ viewers on MLG.tv every event.

IW is a great game how can you criticize a masterpiece? :kappa: