CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Patiently waiting for the non NA teams to get eliminated so we can get good matches again

He says as London Conspiracy took a game off Crowd Pleasers and are currently up 2-0 in Game 4.

*Edit* A 2-3 loss is still respectable  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 7

awww, do you need a safe space to enjoy the balloon tent world championship?

It's funny because you think I'm some millennial kid that needs a safe space. When I'm old as shit and couldn't be further from that type of person. Literally all I said was "can we go back to discussing the games instead of the venue in this thread", but yea I guess I'm the crazy person here.

You guys need a safe space so you can all cry over a venue you aren't even at and has 0 affect on your life?

Did me calling you a bad name hurt your precious feelings snowflake?

You guys enjoy your circle jerk. I'm going to go enjoy watching the matches instead of sulking in my own sorrow.

Congrats TB, you've made me actually not enjoy this place for the first time ever.

• Upvote (+1) 5

He says as London Conspiracy took a game off Crowd Pleasers and are currently up 2-0 in Game 4.

Haven't tuned into Bravo stream yet today, ty for heads up, ill switch!

I liked it better when Hecz didn't come to tourneys

All due respect...

It's a bit ironic coming from someone who was whining about time zones yesterday.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do people not understand that we can enjoy the gameplay and be upset at how bad the venue looks at the same time?? The reason most of us are upset about it is because the gameplay and the pros deserve more than a backyard cookout venue

If only the power users would stop pushing an agenda with photoshopped pictures :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do people not understand that we can enjoy the gameplay and be upset at how bad the venue looks at the same time?? The reason most of us are upset about it is because the gameplay and the pros deserve more than a backyard cookout venue

Complain about it after the event then.

It's fucking ruining this thread, as always.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I kind of agree with you, but I think the message people are trying to relay is that the venue is the culmination of a TON of other bad decisions that have been made. It's the easiest problem for people to understand and relate to when in reality there are many other terrible things that are going on.

The people complaining don't give a shit about halo. It's just something to mock. If anything, we already went through lambasting ESL and we already are on the way to rectifying it with the dreamhack events. So why are we rehashing everything all over again?
  • Upvote (+1) 7

It's funny because you think I'm some millennial kid that needs a safe space. When I'm old as shit and couldn't be further from that type of person.

You guys need a safe space so you can all cry over a venue you aren't even at and has 0 affect on your life?

Did me calling you a bad name hurt you precious feelings snowflake?

You guys enjoy your circle jerk. I'm going to go enjoy watching the matches instead of sulking in my own sorrow.

Congrats TB, you've made me actually not enjoy this place for the first time ever.

it's always those who complain about complainers that insult people first. 

I'm getting really fucking bored of this. please go enjoy the tournament, i am, but i still think lots of work needs to be done. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

you can enjoy the tournament and still be disappointed in the venue

Yeah but the thread has become painful to read, yeah we get the venue is small, we already complained for weeks. Nothing we can do now and try to enjoy the highest level of Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

You're ruining my thread experience

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm from SoCal, last worlds I was still fairly new to following competitive Halo closely. I'd watched matches in the past and enjoyed it, but never actually put effort into keeping up with the scene. I have friends that play Halo from time to time, but none that follow the competitive scene.

I found this place, it was a godsend to me. Now I have people to talk Halo with, a way to be connected and follow the scene. I've watched almost everything over the past year. I love it.

I was 100% ready to buy a ticket and attend world's this year by myself. Probably make a post on here and meet some of you who would also be going.

Then we found out it was in a garage in Burbank. My interest in attending instantly fell to 0. I'll crack some beers open at home and watch the games (and the production had been great, loving the experience from home).

But the fact I didn't attend is what I think most people here are complaining about. I'm probably not the only one. This is exactly what stunts growth. We wouldn't have filled up a place like the Microsoft Theatre in LA, but a place that holds 500 or so, with proper marketing and time for planning could have been filled. I bet it would have been filled with a bunch of first timers like myself too.

tldr; just another venue complaint, back to the matches we go.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The people complaining don't give a shit about halo. It's just something to mock. If anything, we already went through lambasting ESL and we already are on the way to rectifying it with the dreamhack events. So why are we rehashing everything all over again?

lol

saying criticizing the venue = us not giving a shit about halo

is fucking stupid

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah but the thread has become painful to read, yeah we get the venue is small, we already complained for weeks. Nothing we can do now and try to enjoy the highest level of Halo.

maybe we should let people freely express how they feel?

crazy idea, i know

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All due respect...

It's a bit ironic coming from someone who was whining about time zones yesterday.

I didn't give a shit if they led with Pacific. You have to mention the timezone because the default media time zone is eastern

Axel was giving out wrong viewing times. That's a legit problem for the stream.

The venue isn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snip

Yeah, I'm in San Diego and was planning to go. But once I was told I might not be able to watch and had to watch in a garage I decided to just stay home.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So Mikwen has really been going off this weekend.

Envy's weak point is definitely power-up and power weapon grabs, so I hope they focus on that, especially against NA teams

lol

saying criticizing the venue = us not giving a shit about halo

is fucking stupid

I meant the people on Twitter. They don't give a shit. It's a meme of the day. Something to laugh about
  • Upvote (+1) 2

So Mikwen has really been going off this weekend.

Envy's weak point is definitely power-up and power weapon grabs, so I hope they focus on that, especially against NA teams

Mikwen just got 14 railgun kills on fathom CTF