CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Man, I'm just waiting until we get back to some good series so we can discuss the gameplay again.

This thread was doing so well yesterday, then some community leader says something bad on twitter and all the sheeps that were fine yesterday enjoying the tournament are now upset.

Hecz?

Man, I'm just waiting until we get back to some good series so we can discuss the gameplay again.

Same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn calling someone a little bitch I see you are a big boy.

Oh look the guy that has nothing but negative things to post every single time.

Yea, I called him a little bitch because he is being one. You have something relevant to say before I go back to ignoring all your posts again?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been to 15+ Halo events, the fan experience is very important - even if it doesn't involve you.

We want it to grow and have people to cheer again, I miss this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahcnbMdrltI

People who watch Halo live are a very niche part of an already niche audience. A good online viewing experience is many magnitudes more important than the venue. Let's focus on getting a consistently quality experience for online viewers before we start trying to create controversies about a small venue.

It just seems like such a minor thing to complain about at this stage. Especially during Worlds. Can we keep enjoying what has been a damn good event so far then restart the complaining?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Part of the reason this is happening right now is a lot of the gameplay going on right now is not good. It's the bottom of the bracket getting stomped in losers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread was doing so well yesterday, then some community leader says something bad on twitter and all the sheeps that were fine yesterday enjoying the tournament are now upset.

I liked it better when Hecz didn't come to tourneys
  • Downvote (-1) 9

I've been to 15+ Halo events, the fan experience is very important - even if it doesn't involve you.

We want it to grow and have people to cheer again, I miss this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahcnbMdrltI

This was one of our lowest points, right before we were left to die. The only reason we had that type of crowd was because we were given an ultimatum basically, and they couldn't even follow up after it because it wasn't smart lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to see some things just don't change.

[insert 343/ESL Joke Here]

Yea, I called him a little bitch because he is being one. You have something relevant to say before I go back to ignoring all your posts again?

awww, do you need a safe space to enjoy the balloon tent world championship?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Supremacy win first two maps then I honestly reckon this match up can go either way. nV win first two maps then a 4-0 win.

Damn it's not that deep man take a breather. Posting negative things about a very poorly ran game? Hmmm crazy.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

People who watch Halo live are a very niche part of an already niche audience. A good online viewing experience is many magnitudes more important than the venue. Let's focus on getting a consistently quality experience for online viewers before we start trying to create controversies about a small venue.

It just seems like such a minor thing to complain about at this stage.

I kind of agree with you, but I think the message people are trying to relay is that the venue is the culmination of a TON of other bad decisions that have been made. It's the easiest problem for people to understand and relate to when in reality there are many other terrible things that are going on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It just seems like such a minor thing to complain about at this stage.

Not sure you know, but this biggest tournament of the year looks like my cousin's graduation party.

Trust me, I get it being negative sucks - but some of you guys write it off like it isn't a big issue then have the audacity to say @@FrankTheShow is the bigger issue. I've said it before and I'll say it again, reboot the HCS after Worlds and look at leagues that can make Halo shine again. I'm tired of this rebuilding shit, we've been rebuilding for 3 years but the same mistakes are always made / self-inflicted issues. This is a management issue more than a community problem. We all want what's best at the end of the day, We aren't expecting perfection - but this isn't a good look for esports or the Halo community.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Patiently waiting for the non NA teams to get eliminated so we can get good matches again

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I kind of agree with you, but I think the message people are trying to relay is that the venue is the culmination of a TON of other bad decisions that have been made. It's the easiest problem for people to understand and relate to when in reality there are many other terrible things that are going on.

Sure.

Can we wait until the event is over to start more controversies though? I was actually enjoying coming to post on Beyond for once.

you can enjoy the tournament and still be disappointed in the venue

Agreed, we have been dissapointed about it since it was announced, the production and gameplay over all has been great, hopefully lessons will be learned and we can get all the good things with a good venue but for now im just going to enjoy the games.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't say a single negative thing in my tweet, but a picture is worth a thousand words. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Most CoD kids probably started with Halo to get themselves into more competitive eSports, at least for console.

Very true, definitely the case for many pros there, especially the older ones like Nameless, Merk, BigTymer, Whea7s, Pacman, etc. A lot of them were/are pretty big Halo fan boys before BO2 & Reach was dropped from the circuit.