CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

5. Convince high-level 343 employees to stop half-assing the support for H5 esports and instead just stop supporting it altogether, due to negative attention and the cost of putting on a larger event

I always like these posts, shift the blame like we have any control over rules, venues, etc. Maybe if we were nice the event would be held at Madison Square Garden!

• Upvote (+1) 6

did u just compare h4 to ssbm?

No opposite. Compared Brawl to H4. I'm saying that we as a community should have been keeping the better titles (SSBM = CE/2/3/whatever) alive through grassroots to show what we want. Instead we supported the shitty game because we just follow the money and don't care about the game we play so long as "Halo" is in the title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

why should the forum gravitate around what you want?

Why should it gravitate to what you want? You're posts are pointless. Stop acting like a little bitch. Didn't know me asking for the thread to change course back to the EVENT was so controversial that it deserved such a smug ass comment from you.

What is the point of this thread again...?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Lets be real here why should we care what other scenes thinks of us? PC elitists don't care about console esports and Cod kids don't even like Halo because it's like the "rival/enemy" franchise.

Maybe because they're right and it shows that no one outside of Halo's shrinking scene is going to engage in the mental gymnastics necessary to pretend it's in a good place? Will the biggest Halo LAN event of the year manage to get more concurrent viewers than the weekly GoW4 stream did? Stay tuned!

PC elitists? lol. You mean like Summit, the guy who would give this game a massive viewership boost if the PC port wasn't as embarrassing as the HCS? If 343 doesn't try to move competitive Halo to PC for the next title, they're dumber than I think they are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why should it gravitate to what you want? You're posts are pointless. Stop acting like a little bitch.

What is the point of this thread again...

i agree that i criticize 343 a lot.

but i also post a lot of memes.

like this one...

58288467.jpg

BApWaHM.jpg

This is Microsoft theater in LA. I still don't know why they didn't have it here. Wasn't this where last years worlds was anyways? 

I don't think Halo would fill that venue tbh. At least not right now. I'd like to see side by side with a CoD event and that happens.

Why should it gravitate to what you want? You're posts are pointless. Stop acting like a little bitch. Didn't know me asking for the thread to change course back to the EVENT was so controversial that it deserved such a smug ass comment from you.

What is the point of this thread again...?

Damn calling someone a little bitch I see you are a big boy.

hey look, another COD kid that likes halo.

Most CoD kids probably started with Halo to get themselves into more competitive eSports, at least for console.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and?

Well, it makes you wonder how many other owners of major orgs are looking at this and thinking, "Well, that's one esport I want to stay away from."

Now I'm sad.

Same, I'll never forget the day I discovered Halo esports.

It was so big at the time.

The feels, man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Summer Season Pro League Qualifier ($0 prize pool)

Ub2c5UX.jpg

Fall Finals ($150k prize pool)

frk81AG.jpg

World Championships ($1M prize pool)

BOe3luX.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think Halo would fill that venue tbh. At least not right now. I'd like to see side by side with a CoD event and that happens.

RLCS finals last season were held in a similar venue. It wasn't packed, but it's better than what Halo has now.