CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ESl/343 only have West Coast LANs...sorry

Thanks for calling me a kid, makes me feel young again.

Dreamhack ATL says different.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Danoxide is immature at times, and is a polarizing pro. His fans love his antics, his critics hate his antics.

Naded, IMO doesn't get flack for making morally questionable decisions because he's a beloved scene veteran. "Retiring" from Optic when he realized the roster would underperform, and then teaming with Cratos while at the very least being cognitively aware of the shadiness that Cratos was pulling with seeds. Then vowing to drop from the team if anything shady was going on..and not dropping.

Cratos, self explanatory.

Str8Sick - Much like Naded, guilty by association, he jumped at the chance for a Pro League spot, and was completely okay with standing by Cratos/ShowTime's shady dealings.

Combine all of those with the fact that nobody on this team necessarily oozes charm/class (few on the scene do, think Pistola or SnakeBite) and this team really is easy to hate.

Than you have them up against by all accounts a team of fan-favorites. The guy people probably hate the most is APG, and that's not saying much, Renegade, Ace and Heinz are beloved.

Let's not act like were "piling on" with CP because it's the cool thing to do. They're fun to root against, I'll say it.

This is all well and good but shouldn't a caster/343employee be above all of that? 

My original post about @@GH057ayame's commentary was about him, not the forum in general.

Coming from the guy who thought this was a good post.

"CP is made of a team of people you just want to slug one into their suck hole just by looking at them.

Also, beyond just their looks they act like people who need to be popped in the mouth."

I was speaking from a place of emotion, he was speaking from a place of fact. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Danoxide is immature at times, and is a polarizing pro. His fans love his antics, his critics hate his antics.

Naded, IMO doesn't get flack for making morally questionable decisions because he's a beloved scene veteran. "Retiring" from Optic when he realized the roster would underperform, and then teaming with Cratos while at the very least being cognitively aware of the shadiness that Cratos was pulling with seeds. Then vowing to drop from the team if anything shady was going on..and not dropping.

Cratos, self explanatory.

Str8Sick - Much like Naded, guilty by association, he jumped at the chance for a Pro League spot, and was completely okay with standing by Cratos/ShowTime's shady dealings.

Combine all of those with the fact that nobody on this team necessarily oozes charm/class (few on the scene do, think Pistola or SnakeBite) and this team really is easy to hate.

Than you have them up against by all accounts a team of fan-favorites. The guy people probably hate the most is APG, and that's not saying much, Renegade, Ace and Heinz are beloved.

Let's not act like were "piling on" with CP because it's the cool thing to do. They're fun to root against, I'll say it.

So basically, Naded and Str8 Sick should have jeopardized their chances of making money at Worlds because Cratos did something morally wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

CP really brought it back for a sec there but just as I was hitting my climax of excitement they choked it.

Today was excellent.

The outage kinda sucked, but you can't fault anyone for that, at least not at the even production side of things. Just a consequence of not having LAN. Outisde of that, my only other complaint was that we had the same ~3 filler videos between games. Sure as hell better than HW2 ads, but I know @@TheSimms is already on that.

Game-play improves every time we see it. We broke 80k ON A FRIDAY.

This may have been the best Friday Halo has had ever, it definitely is for the HCS.

Onwards to the brackets and Champ Sunday!

Just had a quick chat, apparently alot more variety content tommorow.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

The thing that annoys me when the forums get like this is that pages move so fast that there's no chance your shit-post will even hit 6-7 +rep by the time the next page starts.

As the person whos +rep got you to 8, its been a pleasure proving you wrong

So basically, Naded and Str8 Sick should have jeopardized their chances of making money at Worlds because Cratos did something morally wrong.

So money > morals is what I'm hearing?

Profiting from a situation that was morally wrong feels pretty shitty to me.

Like I said when it all went down, they could have formed a team without Cratos/Showtime, competed through AM and proven themselves.

snip

this is my exact thoughts towards the team and is why I don't like/care for them. It amazes me when all this is true, the amount of support they've gotten at the last 2 events from the crowd
  • Upvote (+1) 1

No. That's not what I said. First, joining up with Cratos didn't guarantee a shot at worlds, so that's some revisionist history on your part.

Secondly, I have no problem with someone doing what's best for them, even when it's not necessarily what's right. But what Cratos did was downright grimey, and both Naded and Str8Sick never once said "Yeah, it sucks that we stole a pro-league spot, but oh well". They literally stayed quiet through the whole process, and played woefully ignorant. what they did rubbed people the wrong way, but also how they played it off after the fact as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guys,Can CP defeat envy in the losers bracket?

Opinions please

Can they? Yes of course. Will they? now that is a different story..