CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not sure if we should add a forum rule regarding this.

Would you guys feel ok if potential bs rumors without clips / screenshots / etc be ban worthy in the future? If proof isn't shown within a day then 3 days off.

Hate to see wild speculation until proof is out there.

Most people here aren't that inconsiderate against the TB community, so sure, why not?

If the user keeps up the habit, sure. Ban them for being a tool.

But if it's a one off and no proof is provided, no point in banning them. I'm sure most people here will come to the conclusion that it's bs.

Yea, hate to see stupid stuff like that. Top on this isn't too big of an issue with roster locks and orgs now. Still though, c'mon guys.

Would you guys feel ok if potential bs rumors without clips / screenshots / etc be ban worthy in the future? If proof isn't shown within a day then 3 days off.

When ban when we can issue red internet points  :simms:

Most people are smart enough to weed out the BS. I love TB because only the real toxic trolls get banned. Otherwise, I love the ban free environment. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think 343 has truly malicious intent. In fact I think they are capable of making good games. They just can't seem to make a particularly good Halo. Their vision for the future of Halo is different from the majority of the community's, and while games like H4 are good they are not good Halos. Can't speak much to MCC, that was an objective shit show, (putting it lightly) but I think their vision for the future of the franchise is to move away from what the franchise is.

I think they just have a really bad urge to outdo Bungie's legacy. Hence why they resort to focus groups of all gamers instead of realizing Halo always occupied its own niche that ended up becoming huge, and reaching out to CoD kids etc. won't do much. They really, really, really want to grow the game beyond what it is currently but unfortunately they take the easy way out. It's interesting that the things they did with Halo 5 that were the most innovative in the industry -- free DLC, its forge mode -- are also what received the most praise. To the point where a variety of other games are also doing free DLC now. 

Also it reeks of corporate politics. I find it hard to believe that some of the things they've done can be explained otherwise. It took them a year to add wheelman medals as assists. A year! 

Hence why they do seemingly mind-bogglingly tone deaf things like selling 5 million copies of Dan Ayoub's literal shit smeared into a DVD case (MCC), or throwing out splitscreen for #60FPS, or all the random modifications they've made in the name of "immersion", or trying to force a one-size-fits-all approach by having like 5 playlists for a year, or completely changing the art style of the games...the list goes on. 

It does seem like they're learning, but it's taken 6 years to get here. I just wonder if they had stuck to a Halo 3-esque formula for H4 instead of adding in half-baked mechanics and killstreaks while they got their shit sorted out as a new developer. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So...... Why did I just buy a Str8 Rippen hoodie???

Because that logo is fucking lit.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Nah brah. I think you'd be taking it a little too far. It's not really an issue, and even if there are some BS rumors, who cares? It's all part of the TB Community forums. Like someone mentioned before me...if it becomes toxic or too much, then ban them. But otherwise, it shouldn't cause that much frustration/annoyance lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan's squad seems to be out of the honeymoon phase  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

which of the groups running with each other right now are most likely to actually be teams in a few weeks?

I'm in favor. Not because of the stupidity it would cause in the TB family, but because some person is gonna cite the rumour in a different place and make TB look bad.

For example, "I read on TB that Ogre 2 said Optic was going to make a change." 

We all know how wrong that is, but reporting "news" doesn't have very high standards in 2016. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm in favor. Not because of the stupidity it would cause in the TB family, but because some person is gonna cite the rumour in a different place and make TB look bad.

For example, "I read on TB that Ogre 2 said Optic was going to make a change."

We all know how wrong that is, but reporting "news" doesn't have very high standards in 2016.

That's where my initial problem came from, fake news in 2016 has been fun..

Hopefully this is kept to a minimal with clips and screenshots now.

I'd rather there be a ban rule for ppl coming in here and saying "Intel" or "NOW THATS A SCARY TEAM," Or any other of those bogus i have an inside source but cant say who or what im talking about posts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's where my initial problem came from, fake news in 2016 has been fun..

Hopefully this is kept to a minimal with clips and screenshots now.

"I heard that a guy on TB got banned for leaking intel that Optic was making a change"

Lose/lose scenario  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would say Breakout was removed because of bad info of Pros liking it to Josh Holmes, not because it was seen as bad and removed after a "stressful decision" by HCS / 343 staff. @@SnakeBite and @@Saucey also heated up the situation once it happened too.

I'm all for changes and stuff, but even if 80% of the Pros and community members wanted it removed - it won't be. This is 343 baby and they don't want to change it more than they have to. They have a vision, and I can't argue with it. Just wish it wasn't with the franchise I grew up on and put so many hours into.

Where on most setting changes I'd agree with your latter point radar in H5 isn't one of them. I honestly feel like the speed of H5 at the current moment with many of the spartan abilities would make a game without radar incredibly annoying as you constantly have to figure out where one person managed to run off to. I know most of us don't want many of these abilities but the reality is that taking out all of them AND radar in one fell swoop would be an incredibly drastic change to a game and essentially make it a different title. I don't think that's the direction 343 or people who make money playing the game want to see it go with so much time already invested. Had they listened to us from day one and begun removing or tweaking abilities I believe no radar would be a more legitimate discussion to be having at this moment in time but with the ridiculous amount of changes it would require to work (IMO) I think it might simply be seen as more trouble than its worth at this point in Halo 5's life cycle. I obviously could be wrong but I don't think 343 is just ignoring us for no reason on this one. They definitely were in the past but i think the removal of Che sent a message to the people in charge that they better listen to the community. This change might just not be totally realistic at this point in time.

I want no radar old school competitive halo back as much as anybody but that might just not be possible or realistic for Halo 5. Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I still can't believe E6? squad is still lasting this long. Why haven't Naded Danoxide Spartan Suspector ran again? They were holding their own vs NV. I am in full belief that players don't know what to do anymore at this point.

• Downvote (-1) 1