CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Settings would have to be tuned even more i.e Autos removed, or nerfed.

and because of how slowly 343 moves it would take 9+ months  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Autos are a worse problem than radar. At least without autos you have a chance to turn on your opponent and win the gunfight. Autos shouldnt be in competitive period. If they are, they should be pickup only.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of maps play better without radar, but a lot of maps actually do play worse.

It's not just a simple "Remove radar and all is solved"

Settings would have to be tuned even more i.e Autos removed, or nerfed. Lots of intangibles to it, not just a simple cut and clean, unfortunately.

I agree. But like I said, I see more pros than cons with No radar.

probably more than half the current pros never played halo within the top 8 at its prime during halo 2,3. So why is 343 asking them for ways to increase viewership when they have zero experience playing the game at the height of its popularity. 

Honest to god this might be the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

How would the pro players know how to attract VIEWERS. We have like 4 pro's who get more than a thousand viewers. Only 2 of whom played in the golden era you speak of. So if they can;t attract more viewers for themselves what on earth makes you think they have the capability of attracting viewers to the game overall. Do they all have degrees in marketing, can they snap their fingers and bam get more viewers. Like ffs think before you post for Christ sake. If they could draw in more viewers they would, it is self harming for them not to.

Next increasing viewership has nothing to do with pro players (they are by products of the game i.e when the game thrives they thrive but it cannot work vice versa), viewership comes NATURALLY when you develop a game people enjoy to watch/play and you successfulLY market/advertise that game and get good publicity etc then you can thrive. VIEWERSHIP STEMS FROM THE DEVELOPERS EFFORTS. HALO'S ENTIRE SCENE STEMS FROM 343'S EFFORTS. If they continue to produce shitty games (like halo 5) our potential to grow is miminal. As you CAN polish a turd all you want but at the end of the day it is still a fucking a turd. So overall it doesn't matter what we do, because our growth is massively limited due to the fact that halo 5  failed to hold its audience. therefore nothing the pro's do, nothing the content creators do, nothing anyone else does will see us grow massively as THERE IS NO REAL POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH IN THIS GAME BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE HAS ALREADY FUCKED OFF.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 6

A lot of maps play better without radar, but a lot of maps actually do play worse.

Settings would have to be tuned even more i.e Autos removed, or nerfed. Lots of intangibles to it, not just a simple cut and clean, unfortunately.

Are you optimistic for the future? 

• Downvote (-1) 2

THERE IS NO REAL POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH IN THIS GAME BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE HAS ALREADY FUCKED OFF.

RG0BS1U.gif

h5 is more or less a lost cause for us to move up in the esports food chain

all we can do now is try and lay the foundations for an awesome H6 HCS program

• Upvote (+1) 8

RG0BS1U.gif

all we can do know is try and lay the foundations for an awesome H6 HCS program

we have said that for the last three titles though. (not saying things havent improved but that really isn't saying much either)

• Upvote (+1) 4

RG0BS1U.gif

all we can do know is try and lay the foundations for an awesome H6 HCS program

Do you really believe H6 is going to be good?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think its worth the fight, and i hope the other pros do too, to get the best overall settings we can if for no other reason than to make the next game even better. Thank you for helping us push this. Hopefukly 343 will be willing to make that change

HCS decided to schedule a tournament 3 weeks after the season so we just kinda decided to accept that radar is gonna be in for another season.

When you called it, but you didnt want to call it  :mj:

Leading up to worlds:

"Well they can't remove radar now because it's too close to Worlds."

Leading up to Summer Finals:

"Well they can't remove radar now because the new season starts soon."

Leading up to new Worlds season:

"Well they can't remove radar now because Worlds is about to start."

10138759.gif

#NoRadar2017

• Upvote (+1) 2

So overall it doesn't matter what we do, because our growth is massively limited due to the fact that halo 5  failed to hold its audience. therefore nothing the pro's do, nothing the content creators do, nothing anyone else does will see us grow massively as THERE IS NO REAL POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH IN THIS GAME BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE HAS ALREADY FUCKED OFF.

Literally this  a hundred times over.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How would the pro players know how to attract VIEWERS. We have like 4 pro's who get more than a thousand viewers. Only 2 of whom played in the golden era you speak of. So if they can;t attract more viewers for themselves what on earth makes you think they have the capability of attracting viewers to the game overall. Do they all have degrees in marketing, can they snap their fingers and bam get more viewers. Like ffs think before you post for Christ sake. If they could draw in more viewers they would, it is self harming for them not to.

Next increasing viewership has nothing to do with pro players (they are by products of the game i.e when the game thrives they thrive but it cannot work vice versa), viewership comes NATURALLY when you develop a game people enjoy to watch/play and you successfulLY market/advertise that game and get good publicity etc then you can thrive. VIEWERSHIP STEMS FROM THE DEVELOPERS EFFORTS. HALO'S ENTIRE SCENE STEMS FROM 343'S EFFORTS. If they continue to produce shitty games (like halo 5) our potential to grow is miminal. As you CAN polish a turd all you want but at the end of the day it is still a fucking a turd. So overall it doesn't matter what we do, because our growth is massively limited due to the fact that halo 5  failed to hold its audience. therefore nothing the pro's do, nothing the content creators do, nothing anyone else does will see us grow massively as THERE IS NO REAL POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH IN THIS GAME BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE HAS ALREADY FUCKED OFF.

Are you under the assumption that we are not capable of reading lowercase letters?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

we have said that for the last three titles though. (not saying things havent improved but that really isn't saying much either)

we really don't have any other alternative tho

Do you really believe H6 is going to be good?

yes

i believe h6 is going to be h5 rebranded as a new game and we will finally have a complete halo game AT launch

and we will have PC support too

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

yes

i believe h6 is going to be h5 rebranded as a new game and we will finally have a complete halo game AT launch

But halo 5 isn't good, a rebranded halo 5 isn't going to help out this scene.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Next increasing viewership has nothing to do with pro players (they are by products of the game i.e when the game thrives they thrive but it cannot work vice versa), viewership comes NATURALLY when you develop a game people enjoy to watch/play and you successfulLY market/advertise that game and get good publicity etc then you can thrive. VIEWERSHIP STEMS FROM THE DEVELOPERS EFFORTS. HALO'S ENTIRE SCENE STEMS FROM 343'S EFFORTS. If they continue to produce shitty games (like halo 5) our potential to grow is miminal. As you CAN polish a turd all you want but at the end of the day it is still a fucking a turd. So overall it doesn't matter what we do, because our growth is massively limited due to the fact that halo 5 failed to hold its audience. therefore nothing the pro's do, nothing the content creators do, nothing anyone else does will see us grow massively as THERE IS NO REAL POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH IN THIS GAME BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE HAS ALREADY FUCKED OFF.

This is so true. We all talk about the little ways in which we can boost viewership for Halo 5 while forgetting the most important thing- people don't even play this game, how can we expect more people to watch this game?

That doesnt mean we should give up though. We have to posture ourselves nicely so we are at less of a disadvantage going into Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But halo 5 isn't good, a rebranded halo 5 isn't going to help out this scene.

i think it's pretty good and has potential 

i mean if you have philosophical differences with the direction of h5 i get it but i think the game overall is decent

it just failed because it had no replay value (no content), broken aiming, and broken MM/servers 

343 really needs to fire all their coders and engineers, they are the ones really holding halo back

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At this point I'd be surprised if wall running wasn't in H6.

I would take wall jumping maybe.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

At this point I'd be surprised if wall running wasn't in H6.

I'm almost expecting it.