CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This was in response to my reddit post last night (and of course I got downvoted for it). I posted this reply from Tashi several pages ago, but people in here were too busy talking about LoL to talk about radar. feelsbadman

If we can't even call Tashi out on this bullshit when it's so blatant, nothing will ever change. It's the exact same thing that happened with Breakout. 343 claimed pros were divided on it until Snakebite publicly called them out and then surprise, shit changed. The pros that actually care about radar need to keep pushing for changes. This community needs to keep pushing for more testing until 343 listens. Call them out on Twitter or reddit since they never come here. Whatever it takes.

It was pretty much universally agreed Breakout was trash.

You still have a fair few pros who like radar in Halo 5. Until you can convince the pros that it's bad and get them to change their attitude then you're stuck with radar/SA only radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's wrong with people. Why are people called daddy. It's fucking weird.

I can handle the LoL discussion, but kink-shaming? I need about 5 Emma Watson gifs to bring me back to speed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You still have a fair few pros who like radar in Halo 5. Until you can convince the pros that it's bad and get them to change their attitude then you're stuck with radar/SA only radar.

I would say Breakout was removed because of bad info of Pros liking it to Josh Holmes, not because it was seen as bad and removed after a "stressful decision" by HCS / 343 staff. @@SnakeBite and @@Saucey also heated up the situation once it happened too.

I'm all for changes and stuff, but even if 80% of the Pros and community members wanted it removed - it won't be. This is 343 baby and they don't want to change it more than they have to. They have a vision, and I can't argue with it. Just wish it wasn't with the franchise I grew up on and put so many hours into.

• Upvote (+1) 4

SeptiQ's stream just ended, but he was saying NA pros had a majority vote to keep radar? Is this true? When did this happen? The only polls I've seen or heard talked about were Beyond's pro player poll and Snipedown's poll on Twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean I'd be totally fine with even that assuming they actually did anything about it. How is anyone really supposed to care if we can complain for half of the games total lifespan before we even get to the compromise? I feel like I should start complaining and testing stuff for Halo 6 right now if I want it to be "good" in 2018. The turnaround for fixing mistakes and addressing community sentiment with Halo is actually insane. It takes forever for anything worthwhile to happen when compared to virtually any other title of note.

The last 5 pages are confusing when i can't tell what the pros wanted for radar.  are they divided or not?  If beyond is the competitive community, why don't they all post about it?

• Downvote (-1) 1

The last 5 pages are confusing when i can't tell what the pros wanted for radar.  are they divided or not?  If beyond is the competitive community, why don't they all post about it?

Because Beyond isn't a DM box.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: Didn't realize how long its been since i started writing this post. pretty OT at this point. Pulling to the H5G thread

LoL is very similar to Halo. That's why when I started playing, my skills transferred easily to the...

No, wait, they didn't. I got dumped on for being the scrub that I am because it's completely different.

Seriously Lol and Halo are almost identical......

Only difference is Lol calls it a mini map and Halo calls it motion tracker.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah that's not true.

There was just obvious disagreements between players in our skype chat on what would work the best. HCS decided to schedule a tournament 3 weeks after the season so we just kinda decided to accept that radar is gonna be in for another season.

at least they're addressing it publicly now, step 1 is done.

and @@Noodle his reddit post had nothing to do with the pro team, he's referring to the pros.

Thanks for posting more often in here, nice to see more green posts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Technically since the event is a qualifier for HWC, we'll probably just keep the discussion for St. Louis in this thread.

That being said, I'll be there so make sure to say hello!  Always cool to meet others in the community.

I wanted to get a beyond meet up going at the last event and never did. Maybe we can make it happen this time.

Seriously Lol and Halo are almost identical......

Only difference is Lol calls it a mini map and Halo calls it motion tracker.

:kappa:

Hahalol

Sorry, I will show myself out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theres actually quite a few high tier players from the Halo community that play League at a high level. Insteriyo, Elitest(used to at least), Ryanoob, and a bunch of others that did or have. I'd love to hear some input. 

I peaked in Diamond when I was truly GRINDING League of Legends and finished up last season in Platnium. 

There is a guy named Hybrid that won the EU LCS something awhile back that used be a Halo player.

What's wrong with people. Why are people called daddy. It's fucking weird.

Yeah that daddy and the daycare team name was...off. its no wonder they didnt stay together lol

You're posting like none of this happens in virtually ANY competitive title but Halo. Like...everything you're saying pertains to virtually every game ever.  Nobody is denying Halo's beauty, I've even agreed with you in multiple posts and said I straight up love the game and Esport. What I'm saying, is that its not a better Esport title than League of Legends...which I've also said is my opinion. 

Fair enough. I was just trying to say that those things are particularly emphasized in Halo, that's all. But I'm happy to agree to disagree.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wake me up when it's January 20th and I don't have to read wall of texts of settings and what direction should Halo gameplay shift to.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

probably more than half the current pros never played halo within the top 8 at its prime during halo 2,3. So why is 343 asking them for ways to increase viewership when they have zero experience playing the game at the height of its popularity. 

Its like asking an NBA rookie how to make the NBA like it was in 2008, yeah they watched basketball, played basketball, but how the heck are they supposed to know what it was like to play in the NBA in 2008? 

yeah its a different game with a different meta, so is the NBA from 2008 to now, i'd still trust the player with 5 years+ experience at the top over a player under the age of 20 when it comes to how to get more viewers for halo.

if you didn't play halo 2 or 3 in the top 8(12?) in its entirety then you don't know.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Yeah that's not true.

There was just obvious disagreements between players in our skype chat on what would work the best. HCS decided to schedule a tournament 3 weeks after the season so we just kinda decided to accept that radar is gonna be in for another season.

at least they're addressing it publicly now, step 1 is done.

and @@Noodle his reddit post had nothing to do with the pro team, he's referring to the pros.

The thing I am afraid of is that it's gonna be the same excuse again after worlds that "there isn't enough time between the change and the next tournament" so there wont be a change then either. I literally can't see why people would still want radar even though there is a short amount of time. The argument that it is "too chaotic" doesn't do it for me. The pros outweigh the cons imo. At least Eden Slayer (and some other maps) is playable/fun to play even though some people find it chaotic/hectic without radar. Maybe it's time to "#Adapt" the other way now.

• Upvote (+1) 2