CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

p.s. let's keep the Beam hate down, Microsoft would not be so silly as to ever make it exclusive, and the Beam platform is great. of course they are going to advertise their own product...

It wouldn't surprise me at all though.

#beamgate

Hyperx cloud stinger - good headset?

This is totally OT, but one of the best headsets in the $50 dollar range if that is your range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dont get carried away with that thought. I know we harp on Halo, and I'm by no means saying Gears is in the same "rut" that Halo is...but Gears has its faults as well.

https://twitter.com/KennyBounce/status/843908190832152576

https://twitter.com/VelllyVell/status/843909632036888577

I'm not really commenting on the quality of the game at all... I don't play it. Just talking about the infrastructure the Coalition has built to foster an esports scene compared to the patchwork 343 has put together.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Off-topic rant: I rarely (if ever), venture to the Xbox or Halo subreddits. But if there's one thing I've noticed is how boring, visually, both of them look. It's basically just the default subreddit theme/background. Just something I observed when I went to The Witcher, Playstation & other subreddits with engaging themes & that really capture the essence of their respective games.

tl;dr

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Off-topic rant: I rarely (if ever), venture to the Xbox or Halo subreddits. But if there's one thing I've noticed is how boring, visually, both of them look. It's basically just the default subreddit theme/background. Just something I observed when I went to The Witcher, Playstation & other subreddits with engaging themes & that really capture the essence of their respective games.

tl;dr

giphy.gif

This is the strangest tl;dr I've ever seen.

That being said, I approve.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Already caculating my grades after I dont do any homework this weekend

real.

Anyone else feel the HCS twitter account should be called 'Halo esports' or 'Halo Championship Series'. The @ can stay the same but the name should change. When I watch an event and want to learn more, I search on google or twitter for [game name] esports. When you search for halo esports, it doesn't come up. The esports wiki account does. I searched for rocket league esports and got nothing back and their account is similarly named (RLCS).

I've been saying this since Day 1, that is like Twitter 101, I didn't expect them to go this long without changing it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm at Burbank.

When does OpTic play?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Go to bed

ffs dont u have an ama tomorrow

Say what you want about the game but I'm mad excited. Don't get me wrong I love Open events with AMs as much as the next guy but 3 days of pure Pro team matches?

:weback:  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm at Burbank.

When does OpTic play?

They flew you all the way to Burbank to moderate the twitch chat?  :kappa:

See you on Saturday dude.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Say what you want about the game but I'm mad excited. Don't get me wrong I love Open events with AMs as much as the next guy but 3 days of pure Pro team matches?

215yc2.gif

Are you saying Immunity and Fabe are Pro but Cryptik and Allegiance arent?

Anyways, I'm really hoping Crowd Pleasers and Splyce show up in a big way.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are you saying Immunity and Fabe are Pro but Cryptik and Allegiance arent?

Anyways, I'm really hoping Crowd Pleasers and Splyce show up in a big way.

This is the first event in a long time people can't afford to sleep on the foreigners, tbh.