CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

NO! I'm looking at you to learn some fucking decorum man. See my last post. As usual, you're not wrong. You find the bullshit which i have absolutely no issue with, but then you take it all the way to 11 when its a 2.

No one listens to a two.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

idk if frank the show is trying to kill halo or just expose 343 so they stop being so shitty but either way it brings me entertainment, especially during this shitty intro class i am in right now.

But I do have to say if he's trying to kill it no fear mr frank. Dr. Disrespect has better production in his everyday livestreams than 343 does in the two open events they have thrown in a year. I mean im pretty sure AGL 7 was in a bigger venue than HCS Vegas

I coulda made a better hype video with a cell phone video editing app

I got better connection in a 2005 xbc match with the host in columbia than a 343 dedicated server in arena

We all traveled to the first open H5 event "G4G" and couldn't play because there is no lan capabilities

It really does just get worse and worse

If you are tryna kill the game don't worry, they are on the right track to do it themselves. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

snip

This isn't a perception though. I'm not saying foul play occurred. I'm simply stating that a rule is being broken and that should be looked into. This is simply a fact that their rulebook states that this is a rule being broken. Not to mention this could also be against the law as Adam from MLG mentioned. 

You state "we know for a fact" Cratos did "foul shit". I'd just argue that what he did was bad and should have been handled differently. However, it wasn't against the rules. It was a loophole. This IS against their rules. That isn't an opinion. That is a fact.

The fact that a rule has been broken for a period of time and people now are just realizing it does not mean we should then ignore the rule. 

To clarify, I am not trying advocate for Str8 or Ace to be kicked out of Worlds. I'd just like to get some clarification of the rulebook/legality of the situation. Elamite calling games did not win Ace games. I think we all understand that. 

But to be against clarification of the rules because you like someone or because "they worked hard" isn't really a valid point. I'm currently involved through work with a legal situation and the employee manual was directly used to win a specific case. This situation should not just be pushed aside because of some subjective standard of morality or because you think Ace worked hard. 

I'll stop going back and forth though as I'm sure it's annoying and you get my point!

• Upvote (+1) 1

In uplifting news

if this doesnt end with him falling off the map, i will be pissed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snip

If your point is that conflicts of interest and rule violations should be looked into, then why not just say that? No one disputes that! But why compare this situation to Cratos' and PRETEND that the muted response is simply because people like ACE more?

Simply put there is a ton of evidence that Cratos did things to undermine the competitive spirit of the league. There is ZERO evidence that Ace has done anything to undermine the competitive spirit of the league. And ,despite existing conflicts of interest, there is ZERO evidence that ESL is actively working to enhance Str8s chances of winning.

So to insinuate that fans are just biased against Cratos or for Ace, in light of these completely different situations, is absolutely nonsensical.

People want to be called heroes for making allegations without proof. That Trump effect :....

Edit: as far as loopholes, there was no loophole. ESL reserves the power to essentially approve or deny any change and levy any punishments they want. When they let Cratos off the hook for the stellur incidents and when they accepted the bubu roster knowing it wasn't in good faith they could have made different decisions. If Cratos' brother was on their payroll during these decisions, we'd be talking a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL OF VIOLATION.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're simply looking at me to be the bad guy and not the HCS.

You have to be the bad guy because you actually bother to post here  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This isn't a perception though. I'm not saying foul play occurred. I'm simply stating that a rule is being broken and that should be looked into. This is simply a fact that their rulebook states that this is a rule being broken. Not to mention this could also be against the law as Adam from MLG mentioned.

You state "we know for a fact" Cratos did "foul shit". I'd just argue that what he did was bad and should have been handled differently. However, it wasn't against the rules. It was a loophole. This IS against their rules. That isn't an opinion. That is a fact.

The fact that a rule has been broken for a period of time and people now are just realizing it does not mean we should then ignore the rule.

To clarify, I am not trying advocate for Str8 or Ace to be kicked out of Worlds. I'd just like to get some clarification of the rulebook/legality of the situation. Elamite calling games did not win Ace games. I think we all understand that.

But to be against clarification of the rules because you like someone or because "they worked hard" isn't really a valid point. I'm currently involved through work with a legal situation and the employee manual was directly used to win a specific case. This situation should not just be pushed aside because of some subjective standard of morality or because you think Ace worked hard.

I'll stop going back and forth though as I'm sure it's annoying and you get my point!

It's entirely possible that ESL have decided to allow the situation with safeguards in place. The rules look like they have been broken, but that doesn't mean that there is anything actually wrong.

It does need clearing up, I agree, but as ever there is a way you do this and Frank's way is unnecessarily inflammatory.

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

Wow, thanks a lot for the kind words and that in-depth explanation of all the emotes!

About the team changes: For me it's probably the aspect of being unsure what team to root for... I often choose the underdog which usually doesn't turn out to be a good decision :mj: (Am I doing it right?)

H4 was your first Halo?

giphy.gif

Yeah I actually enjoyed it back then (Sorry for saying that loud ;) ) but when I played the older Halos I understood why many hated it lol

Anyways thanks again for the warm welcome guys!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I thought i would try and help to build up the hype here for the HWC a little bit. The idea of player cards was used couple of times before so I am not doing anything original, I just like it. Also this would be nothing without the beautiful photos from @@Sandman and I will erase it from the earth surface if he says so. He is also properly credited. Would like to do more of those, every card should tell a "story", if you got any ideas just hit me up.

Edit.: Was working with bad assets, don't try to zoom in :p

UvSOP3w.png

@@Tashi start selling these and I'll buy them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus. That @@Commonly montage was insane, and also different to most halo montages. Really stands alone from an editing perspective, awesome stuff @@Snipetality !

• Upvote (+1) 6

I thought i would try and help to build up the hype here for the HWC a little bit. The idea of player cards was used couple of times before so I am not doing anything original, I just like it. Also this would be nothing without the beautiful photos from @@Sandman and I will erase it from the earth surface if he says so. He is also properly credited. Would like to do more of those, every card should tell a "story", if you got any ideas just hit me up.

UvSOP3w.png

I can't seem to flip the image over to get his stats.

In uplifting news

Cheers, the anti-hype was almost starting to get to me.

1K2ZtXU.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

UvSOP3w.png

Haha my photos are for the community to use whenever they like :)

Nice job dude!

• Upvote (+1) 5