CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

As someone who doesn't really care about COD, these MLG events have me caring about COD.

*waits for the this isn't a CoD thread / MLG has issues too * post :intensifies:

------

The event is literally in 5 days and the HCS team has put as much effort into advertising it as I do carrying about the lint in my dryer.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

*waits for the this isn't a CoD thread / MLG has issues too * post :intensifies:

------

The event is literally in 5 days and the HCS team has put as much effort into advertising it as I do carrying about the lint in my dryer.

they probably know it isn't going to draw more than 20-40k so why bother putting in the effort? Even if they promoted the hell out of it I couldn't see it getting more than 50k viewers.  The game is 1.5 years old and only a handful of people still care about the game and franchise anymore. No reason to throw money at dog (thank you principles of Marketing), and that is exactly what Halo is right now.  Extremely low market share with very little potential for growth. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

they probably know it isn't going to draw more than 20-40k so why bother putting in the effort? Even if they promoted the hell out of it I couldn't see it getting more than 50k viewers.  The game is 1.5 years old and only a handful of people still care about the game and franchise anymore. No reason to throw money at dog (thank you principles of Marketing), and that is exactly what Halo is right now.  Extremely low market share with very little potential for growth. 

I think you are confusing an inexperienced staff with business decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

they probably know it isn't going to draw more than 20-40k so why bother putting in the effort? Even if they promoted the hell out of it I couldn't see it getting more than 50k viewers. The game is 1.5 years old and only a handful of people still care about the game and franchise anymore. No reason to throw money at dog (thank you principles of Marketing), and that is exactly what Halo is right now. Extremely low market share with very little potential for growth.

All makes sense until you realize they are throwing a $1M tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just don't understand how the marketing for the marquee event of a franchise as valuable as Halo is so bad. Bad isn't even the right word, because the marketing doesn't actually exist to be described.

I feel like they could pick any user of this forum to do marketing, and it would be done better. There would at least be daily tweets if nothing else.

At this point I'm with Cyren, it's time to burn it down and start over. No more nice guys running things. Find someone competent, I don't care if they are a raging asshole, but be competent.

Anywho, apologies for ranting. I'm hoping this tournament runs amazingly regardless of it all. Really looking forward to champ Sunday as it's the only day I'll be able to watch.

#GroupGate  :kappa:

What does this mean though? I'm not exactly up to date on what is happening, besides the T2 jokes about giving Str8 an easier seed.

What does this mean though? I'm not exactly up to date on what is happening, besides the T2 jokes about giving St8 an easier seed.

It doesn't mean anything outside of someone is lazy/poor at working in photoshop. Unless you want to buy into the conspiracy that the pools were rigged for Str8, then it looks like an obvious piece of evidence. I'm on the lazy/poor work side of things.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What does this mean though? I'm not exactly up to date on what is happening, besides the T2 jokes about giving St8 an easier seed.

There was a OpTic logo behind the Str8 logo in this graphic:

Some people think it's some weird conspiracy (I think, or it's just a meme) when in reality when making the graphic, the OpTic logo was used as the default placeholder and someone forgot to hide the layer and nobody noticed it before it was posted on social media.

• Upvote (+1) 3

8931e3adae.jpg

It's likely just a mistake, but it's hilariously coincidental 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had no idea Enable only had 1 thumb. Holy shit is that impressive.

I always make a joke that if my teammates are having a bad game, they must not have thumbs.

Enable doesn't need thumbs. No excuses lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well since apparently there isn't a Halo tournament gonna happen anytime soon can we talk about Smug beating Nuckle Du at SXSW  :lxthul:

8931e3adae.jpg

It's likely just a mistake, but it's hilariously coincidental 

When conflict of interest is in play I tend to go in the direction of foul play but hey, we love T-squared as a caster, so a mistake it is.

• Downvote (-1) 5

I had no idea Enable only had 1 thumb. Holy shit is that impressive.

It's more like one and a half. They call it a nub. He's freakish good.

Gonna smash some homework and studying over spring break so I can catch some games this weekend.

Hope all is well fam

Boy I have some news for you...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boy I have some news for you...

I've been trying to keep up more this semester

Let's just say I finally understand @@FrankTheShow and have found myself nodding in agreement several times when reading his posts in regards to the HCS.

It's a shame how the HCS has fallen (were we ever really up high enough to fall?), but still hoping for a decent weekend of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've been trying to keep up more this semester

Let's just say I finally understand @@FrankTheShow and have found myself nodding in agreement several times when reading his posts in regards to the HCS.

It's a shame how the HCS has fallen (were we ever really up high enough to fall?), but still hoping for a decent weekend of Halo.

Miss you

• Upvote (+1) 1