CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I see a guy doing this once every 2-3 games. It's ridiculous.

With so many people learning that strafe it's weird that none of the pros are picking it up  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question for people here:

Do you still follow the HCS and Halo 5 because you enjoy Halo 5 a lot or is it just out of a sense of brand loyalty and nostalgia at this point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you still follow the HCS and Halo 5 because you enjoy Halo 5 a lot or is it just out of a sense of brand loyalty and nostalgia at this point?

I still enjoy watching competitive Halo 5 it's the only FPS I can watch.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That such a lengthy debate is allowed to occur without timely clarification from a 343 employee involved in the HCS is a mistake in and of itself.

Yes because TB needs a reason to have a argument span for multiple pages. You're reaaaally reaching for something to hate on aren't you?

I still enjoy watching competitive Halo 5 it's the only FPS I can watch.

I look at how ESL handles other games and it makes me sad.

They can nerf Cratos by putting him in the pool with optic but they can't nerf his pistol

#HWC2017MVP

#GREATOS

Good thing pistol skill is almost irrelevant in this game!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I follow because of the community.

This. A lot of my friends still play MCC or H5 - plus there are a lot of old personalities still involved like Walshy, Strongside, Pistola, Snipedown, Ogre2, etc 

H5 is my favorite Halo after CE, and also really fun to watch competitively. I'm sure there are quite a few people following it just because of the older names and nostalgia.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I follow because of the community.

Yeah, I can see that reasoning. Even that's kind of hard for me to do because it seems everyone has become resigned to Halo 5 being handled poorly at every level. The forums have become kind of a depressing read

Because it's really entertaining to watch.

Vegas had some incredible competition.

This. Issues with the HCS and the game aside we are seeing some incredible high-level Halo being played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I enjoy WATCHING H5 a lot

Playing it is another story, H5 is legit but it kinda leaves me wanting, it doesn't really satisfy my halo niche, might be because of all the ARS tbh

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, it's honestly neither of the above.  I'm only involved in HCS and Halo 5 because there was money in it for me.

I liked CE, loved H2/H3, and kinda like H5 when I have time for it, but there are just so many other games I enjoy more these days that, if it weren't for my position with Team Liquid, I wouldn't be investing the amount of time I do into H5.  I would likely either be trying my hardest to get an analyst position with a League of Legends team, or already working for a League of Legends team...or maybe scrambling to find an Overwatch team to work for.

And this is coming from the guy that defends the existence of autos in H5. (Even though they all need nerfs.)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah, I can see that reasoning. Even that's kind of hard for me to do because it seems everyone has become resigned to Halo 5 being handled poorly at every level. The forums have become kind of a depressing read

Don't get it twisted btw, I don't think Halo 5 is a bad game - just isn't one of my favorite Halo games. It's better than Halo 4 and MCC, but that's not saying much. My biggest gripe with the Halo series is since 343i took over they changed stuff for the sake of change instead of building on and improving stuff that was known to work. Most long time Halo fans would see Halo: Reach as a step backwards for the series, but 343i has doubled down on the issues that title brought then continued to remove features.

It sucks that I'm so invested at times to this hobby and franchise, I love posting and watching Halo events - but it drives me nuts to see such an inexperienced staff and event issues continue to happen years later. No event is going to be perfect obviously, but the HCS still has trouble getting down the basics at every turn. I also find it hilarious when there are issues people bring up things about MLG that have nothing to do with Halo eSports in 2017. We don't just want MLG back, we just want any company who runs Halo eSports to be competent. Prize pool money can only do so much, we need to nail all aspects to grow and foster this scene.

Sorry to ramble off, I'm probably preaching to the choir - but it does sucks to see the constant missteps this community has to endure. We have incredibnle players and teams, but we are still hoping for 30K views with $1 Million on the line next week makes me sad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I watch because i genuinely enjoy playing the game despite the myriad of game flaws and questionable TO decisions.

I also feel invested in the players and the community here.  If I were to stop watching competitive halo, i would probably stop coming here too and would miss this place more than is really healthy for an internet forum filled with random shit posters, memeologists and armchair franchise directors :)

I am also a bit stubborn. I truly believe that Halo can be the premier competitive console shooter on the planet and i'm not going to bail on it now.

• Upvote (+1) 5