CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm going to step out of the shadows very briefly and just rant a little bit.

You have Quinn tweeting that this update is the "results from lots of hard work". Sketch is saying this is in response to "recent feedback". The blog post says "Long-time fans will know that this topic is certainly not new to the world of competitive Halo".

What hard work? How is this recent? How is this topic new?

It is December 20, 2016. This game came out October 27, 2015. People have been complaining about radar in competitive settings for over a year, and what do you have to show for it? The features that aren't even built yet. Competitive 4v4 Halo has always had no radar until 343 decided Halo 5 needed it.

This is classic 343 procedure, and is the exact reason I have stepped away from Halo almost entirely. They always frame their solutions as direct and timely responses to an at-large problem. Except like usual this problem stems from 343's own poor decision making in the first place.

Think about it for a second. They are literally patting themselves on the back on Waypoint and on Twitter for essentially not having an immediate solution to a problem they created, and it took them over a year after release for them to give themselves this pat on the back.

And to the small minority that say this game plays too crazily with no radar at all, you are also missing the point. Ask yourself why it plays too crazily that way. Wow, surprise: it's because of the slew of movement abilities 343 implemented in Halo 5. Again, a problem they created (and a problem they don't have a proper and immediate solution to).

Yes. Absolutely. Undeniably. Without a doubt. You can argue opinion all night. In your opinion, Halo is a better competitive title. Statistically, LoL blows Halo out of the water.

The 2016 League of Legends World Championship had: 

370 MILLION of broadcast hours viewed live

1,969,087 Fantasy brackets created

396 MILLION total cumulative daily unique impressions 

23+ broadcasts in 18 languages

with 14.7 MILLION peak concurrent viewership

and 43 MILLION unique viewers

I love Halo as much as the next guy, but come on. You're trying to tell us that Halo is a better spectator Esport than the one of the most viewed, loved, and developed Esports? If it did, the numbers would show that. Please dont respond by saying "Yeah, but if more people played Halo then more people would watch". Yes, obviously. But they dont. They play League, and they watch League. 

nfjGR45.jpg

EDIT: Source: http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/2016-league-legends-world-championship-numbers

Except none of that has anything to do with what he's talking about. I'm not on either side here, but perfecting your abilities on Halo would put you well above the rest, perfecting your abilities on League wouldn't put you as higher up. That is his argument. I'm not for it or against it, but your post had absolutely nothing to do with the skill based merit that is in each game.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wonder who could fit that spot. Victory X might be the favorite but I want to see how Cloud could do on that team.

If they want a pro seed. 4th would have to be either APG or Ace. As Stellur, eco and twins aren't going to join, liquid giving Spartan and Hamy the seed.

APG is my bet personally with Ace going EG with Vic X rejoining them.

I think $ rules over PR with MCC, plus Project Scorpio.

Only time will tell.

I can't see Scorpio succeeding at all. Xbox One missed by a mile, so did Halo which is it's biggest seller. I can't see any announcement that would make me even consider a scorpio.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I fall asleep really early for once and I wake up to find ive missed twelve pages of Vin coming back, setting changes and talks, Chad's occasional SpongeBob memes, Batchford again mentioning he finished second at finals and someone saying Halo takes more skill than league of legends.

Should sleep more often.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I fall asleep really early for once and I wake up to find ive missed twelve pages of Vin coming back, setting changes and talks, Chad's occasional SpongeBob memes, Batchford again mentioning he finished second at finals and someone saying Halo takes more skill than league of legends.

Should sleep more often.

People keep misinterpreting this and I don't know why it's bugging me. He wasn't saying takes more skill, just that there is a larger skillgap between a perfect player and the top player in Halo than in League.

Unless I'm misinterpreting this then don't yell at me pls

• Upvote (+1) 4

Truth is actually midship with Camo. Why did it not launch like this last year? It's the most fun I've had on Truth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Should sleep more often.

LMAOOOO

• Upvote (+1) 2

Except none of that has anything to do with what he's talking about. I'm not on either side here, but perfecting your abilities on Halo would put you well above the rest, perfecting your abilities on League wouldn't put you as higher up. That is his argument. I'm not for it or against it, but your post had absolutely nothing to do with the skill based merit that is in each game.

What? Neither did his. His entire post was about how the population of Halo is lesser than Leagues so League has a higher viewer rate as an Esport. He never said once anything about perfecting individual skill. He said mechanically, Halo is easier to watch. 

Everything I said had everything to do with what he said.

Everything you said had nothing to do with what either of us said. 

Read his post again below, I put the important bits in bold: 

But do you honestly think LoL is a better game, competitively speaking, than H5?

Brah, it's the population of players that is making the difference. LoL is free to play. Most of the people that spectate eSports play the game competitively themselves. The reason Halo lags is because the pool of players that play competitive Halo is small to begin with. It's not about whether the settings are fair at the top levels of play, it's about how popular the Arena is.

I would argue that from a game mechanics standpoint, Halo is a better spectator sport than all of the popular esports today, by a pretty large margin even. Doesn't help that you can convert non-players if your core demographic is lacking though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the level of competition is insanely high in LoL, far far higher than Halo 5. I'm sure the strategy and meta for LoL are being pushed to absurd levels, and the amount of effort you'd have to put in to be at the top level is ungodly. 

But I also believe that a perfect Halo 5 player would stand above the competition far higher than the perfect LoL player. Somebody who perfectly used the information at their disposal to predict spawns, threw perfect grenades, never missed a shot, never missed a jump, always perfectly buffered their melees, shots, ground pound etc. given the situation? That player would be a god in a way that you just couldn't have in LoL. That player could win 1v4 against nV or Optic. The skill ceiling, even if it's not actually achievable, is crazy high.

What? Neither did his. His entire post was about how the population of Halo is lesser than Leagues so League has a higher viewer rate as an Esport. He never said once anything about perfecting individual skill. He said mechanically, Halo is easier to watch. 

Everything I said had everything to do with what he said.

Everything you said had nothing to do with what either of us said. 

Read his post again below, I put the important bits in bold: 

But do you honestly think LoL is a better game, competitively speaking, than H5?

Brah, it's the population of players that is making the difference. LoL is free to play. Most of the people that spectate eSports play the game competitively themselves. The reason Halo lags is because the pool of players that play competitive Halo is small to begin with. It's not about whether the settings are fair at the top levels of play, it's about how popular the Arena is.

I would argue that from a game mechanics standpoint, Halo is a better spectator sport than all of the popular esports today, by a pretty large margin even. Doesn't help that you can convert non-players if your core demographic is lacking though.

That makes more sense. I refreshed and it's showing up correctly now. At first for whatever reason I saw you were quoting the top post. I was very confused what you were talking about lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja, Commonly, Heinz, Daddy playing MM rn. New team  :intel:  :kappa:

i'm 75% happy, and 25% suicidal. 

figuratively, of course. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

People keep misinterpreting this and I don't know why it's bugging me. He wasn't saying takes more skill, just that there is a larger skillgap between a perfect player and the top player in Halo than in League.

Unless I'm misinterpreting this than don't yell at me pls

I may of misread it too so its okay.

Infact I'll just add a trigger warning for you.

Ninja, Commonly, Heinz, Daddy playing MM rn. New team  :intel:  :kappa:

Maybe I missed a bunch of stuff while I was gone, but who is "Daddy"?

The only person that could possibly name themselves that is....Cratos?

• Upvote (+1) 1

:-)

For those that don't know, Vin was actually a big reason this team formed.

<3

And I didn't even get to watch the birth of champions  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Maybe I missed a bunch of stuff while I was gone, but who is "Daddy"?

The only person that could possibly name themselves that is....Cratos?

It's FFA champion Randa

• Upvote (+1) 1

That makes more sense. I refreshed and it's showing up correctly now. At first for whatever reason I saw you were quoting the top post. I was very confused what you were talking about lmao

All good my dude <3

• Upvote (+1) 1