CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

lets say that you are right. that shows a systematic failure on the part of 343 and the hcs for allowing competitive halo to become an 8 team sport. there needs to be a better way for am teams to become pro. i think this means more open tourneys with higher prize pools. and those tourneys need to influence who is in pro league. we have a 1 time relegation now, but it would be better to have top 8 from the open event to go to pro league, then have to fight and retain their spot come next event. that ability to allow fresh blood into the spot light will draw orgs players and viewers.

We've been saying it sucks since the beginning. It only bothered ALG once they were no longer beneficiaries of the shit system.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is how I would've done it. It doesn't make a difference now but I decided to put it out there. 4 day event (as there would be more matches (Thursday - Sunday)), 2 groups of 6 with placing in pool determining positioning in winners bracket. All teams start in winners

qrZ55za.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Somehow people hate Cratos so much that people don't realize the 4th seat got the best pool. And the 4th seat somehow is owned by two ESL employees and includes a brother of an ESL employee.

LUL

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 28

I am actually GOAT HNIC

Put some respek on my name

The latter, got it.

I am actually GOAT HNIC

Put some respek on my name

I'm convinced this is Cratos  :kappa:

This is how I would've done it. It doesn't make a difference now but I decided to put it out there. 4 day event (as there would be more matches (Thursday - Sunday)), 2 groups of 6 with placing in pool determining positioning in winners bracket. All teams start in winners

qrZ55za.png

This is how I would have done it as well. I don't even think you'd need 4 days. There'd be 30 pool series- roughly 15 series per stream.

It's just 12 team bracket, so with 2 streams, the could've finished pools on Sat morning if needed and still ended it on Sunday at a decent hour.

It almost looks like they created the pools for seeding fairness in the bracket and not the pools. Like A1 v D2 gives Optic (#1 seed) v the only foreign team match up first round. This is assuming all "higher" seeds win. Would also put #4 v#5 in bracket round 1 which (maybe?) makes more sense than having those match-ups in the group play portion

Quoting myself, didnt get any responses or anything. Any thoughts on this?

Winner's bracket 1 would ideally be #1 v #8 so optic would get the easiest first round, correct? There wouldnt be any way to do it using other pools. A1 wouldn't play A2 in WB round 1, but that's what you guys kind of seem to want?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quoting myself, didnt get any responses or anything. Any thoughts on this?

Winner's bracket 1 would ideally be #1 v #8 so optic would get the easiest first round, correct? There wouldnt be any way to do it using other pools. A1 wouldn't play A2 in WB round 1, but that's what you guys kind of seem to want?

I didn't catch your post earlier, but you are correct, this current setup potentially leads to your standard 8 team bracket. That's kinda why I don't see this as huge deal. No one is really getting fucked. If a top 8 team plays like a top 8 team in pools, they are in the winners bracket right where they are supposed to be.

idk if thats hilarious or depressing - either way im crying lol 

the dreams in which im dying are the best ive ever had

• Upvote (+1) 7

Somehow people hate Cratos so much that people don't realize the 4th seat got the best pool. And the 4th seat somehow is owned by two ESL employees and includes a brother of an ESL employee.

LUL

If Cratos was complaining about the notion that the 4th seed got the 'best pool' instead of whining because his team didn't get "best pool", he might get some support.

Cratos doesn't want the tournament to be fair. He just wants to be the beneficiary of unfairness... so let him cry it out.

That said, how is sharing a pool with Fabe a lucky draw? If there's gonna be any major upsets, it's prolly gonna come from that team.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If Cratos was complaining about the notion that the 4th seed got the 'best pool' instead of whining because his team didn't get "best pool", he might get some support.

Cratos doesn't want the tournament to be fair. He just wants to be the beneficiary of unfairness... so let him cry it out.

That said, how is sharing a pool with Fabe a lucky draw? If there's gonna be any major upsets, it's prolly gonna come from that team.

Not sure, he just tweeted at ESL saying CP is either 4th seat according to Vegas placing like he was told or do the pool ABCD DCBA. People with mediocre analytical skills can't figure out on the previous page.

It's just funny I have never seen a ABCD ABCD. I am a troll but this is just kinda sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure, he just tweeted at ESL saying CP is either 4th seat according to Vegas placing like he was told or do the pool ABCD DCBA. People with mediocre analytical skills can't figure out on the previous page.

It's just funny I have never seen a ABCD ABCD. I am a troll but this is just kinda sad.

ABCD ABCD is fine. The way it's setup now, the top 8 teams are favored to come out of their pools in 1st or 2nd place. The bracket is double elim from there. It's fair enough.

In an 8 team bracket, There is literally no difference between 4th and 5th seed because they play each other in the first round.

Cratos is crying because he wants what he believes to be the easiest pool. Not because he thinks 4th seed shouldn't have the easiest pool. If he truly wanted a fair system he would have spoken out against the 16k points pro teams were given, or the fact that he got to play in Champ bracket despite having 3 new players on his roster. But of course he was cool with all that.

Edit: now that I think about it ABCD DCBA actually makes less sense here because it prevents 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 in round 1. that would make sense if we had more teams and/or different number of groups, but would actually be bad in this scenario.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is turning into a conspiracy forum and I like it.  So about that structure around Tabbys Star...

Edit: Also, unfortunately I have to retire this part of my sig... @@jamaican117

Ij9Hs76.png

And I'm happier for it. 

Don't want to find out what a god is like, but I'm sure @@PlasmaCastrPapi knows. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The STR8 logo plastered over the optic logo doesn't raise any eyebrows or anything LMAO.

f487201f732872bedd700a603c94f9d3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't realize until this Cratos roast how bad the video actually is. I rewatched it with sound. Get deleted nerd? Is that honestly what somebody thought out, recorded, and uploaded? At the 00:59 mark I'm pretty sure a grown ass man just said "lul" out loud. Were lucky HWC is at Burbank and not North Korea with this decision making. Christ.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I didn't realize until this Cratos roast how bad the video actually is. I rewatched it with sound. Get deleted nerd? Is that honestly what somebody thought out, recorded, and uploaded? At the 00:59 mark I'm pretty sure a grown ass man just said "lul" out loud. Were lucky HWC is at Burbank and not North Korea with this decision making. Christ.

Just watched the video. Maybe they were trying to be serious and just completely missed the mark, but as soon as I heard "LUL" I actually burst out laughing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: now that I think about it ABCD DCBA actually makes less sense here because it prevents 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 in round 1. that would make sense if we had more teams and/or different number of groups, but would actually be bad in this scenario.

Yeah exactly, if the top 2 from each pool are i the winners bracket and 3rd from each pool starts in the losers, these pools are kind of the only way to have a standard seeding 8 team bracket, assuming all NA + Fab take top 2 in the pools.

Plus the bracket matches matter way more than the pools anyway so its honestly better to have the bracket seeded that way opposed to the pools. If A and D arent on the same side of the bracket though... who knows what theyre thinking

I wish immunity and stw switched pools. Would have given them more of a chance. Stw without tapping is just a waste of a spot honestly. I would be more interested in Synergy being at worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2