CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Or they could announce H3A at E3 as a part of MCC, and be like "we know we fucked up with MCC, but we're finally releasing a fix-all patch, and H3A as well this September!" or something. That'd score brownie points with me at least

but I'm 99% sure it's just a dream  :mj:

I think $ rules over PR with MCC, plus Project Scorpio.

Only time will tell.

Didn't observer mode fix the reticule lag? It still looks off.

On closed servers, yes. Online though, it is better but still not perfect.

Honest question: why would people crouch if walking didn't get picked up on radar? Wouldn't people graduate to walking instead?

Yea if you wanted to move sneaky you would walk (which isn't much faster) but think of how impossible it is to traverse the map without SA. People would still crouch corners because every single time you use an ability you would appear. So sprint, thrust, slide, clamber, stabilize, ground pound. You would still get almost the same effect as the radar you have now, only you don't have to hold your crouch button while moving.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

IMO the Sniper is worse of a problem than Radar.

Fight me @everyone

Yeah one weapon that's only on a few maps is worse than a motion sensor that feeds you free information.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But do you honestly think LoL is a better game, competitively speaking, than H5?

Brah, it's the population of players that is making the difference. LoL is free to play. Most of the people that spectate eSports play the game competitively themselves. The reason Halo lags is because the pool of players that play competitive Halo is small to begin with. It's not about whether the settings are fair at the top levels of play, it's about how popular the Arena is.

I would argue that from a game mechanics standpoint, Halo is a better spectator sport than all of the popular esports today, by a pretty large margin even. Doesn't help that you can convert non-players if your core demographic is lacking though.

Yes. Absolutely. Undeniably. Without a doubt. You can argue opinion all night. In your opinion, Halo is a better competitive title. Statistically, LoL blows Halo out of the water.

The 2016 League of Legends World Championship had: 

370 MILLION of broadcast hours viewed live

1,969,087 Fantasy brackets created

396 MILLION total cumulative daily unique impressions 

23+ broadcasts in 18 languages

with 14.7 MILLION peak concurrent viewership

and 43 MILLION unique viewers

I love Halo as much as the next guy, but come on. You're trying to tell us that Halo is a better spectator Esport than the one of the most viewed, loved, and developed Esports? If it did, the numbers would show that. Please dont respond by saying "Yeah, but if more people played Halo then more people would watch". Yes, obviously. But they dont. They play League, and they watch League. 

nfjGR45.jpg

EDIT: Source: http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/2016-league-legends-world-championship-numbers

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Last I saw he had over 4300 subs. Assuming he makes $3 per sub, which most people say they know he makes more like $3.50, but using that $3/sub x 12 months he's already making $154,800 a year. Obviously he would need to maintain 4300 subs, but at the rate his channel has been growing, if he sticks with H1Z1 that doesn't seem like it should be too hard for him. So $154,800/year WITHOUT any donations at all. Anyone who's watched his streams knows those roll in pretty steady throughout the entire stream. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he makes over $300K next year before taxes even excluding AC's donations.

agree. honestly he deserves it, he has streamed consistently for seven years and is definitely entertaining

I'd like to see APG on this Ninja commonly Heinz squad.

They'll get the str8 sqaud and are 4 aggressive players. Nice balance slayers and obj players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

naw man it's better don't @

radar in any form has no business in competitive halo

idc what h4 and reach kids think

the majority of competitive halo fans are from the old no radar era and they have expectations for what competitive halo is supposed to be

yes and yes

I don't agree, I think halo is on the upswing with or without radar. The fact is the general esports community doesn't care about halo very much (eventually I think they will regardless of radar). I was watching a stream of an owner of an organization a couple weeks ago and he said at the moment he wouldn't even think about investing in a halo team because "people don't give a shit about halo".

I think the best way to change this is great events, prize pools, and rivalries/great matches all of which are happening.

Also FYI I think there definitely needs to be a radar change whether it be no radar or an ability based one.

This may not be popular but if you are going to have a Spartan ability only radar. I think the range should be bigger.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't observer mode fix the reticule lag? It still looks off.

Nope, it just made it better.

On closed servers, yes. Online though, it is better but still not perfect.

It's still off on closed servers too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think halo is on the upswing with or without radar. 

agreed 

The fact is the general esports community doesn't care about halo very much (eventually I think they will regardless of radar). I was watching a stream of an owner of an organization a couple weeks ago and he said at the moment he wouldn't even think about investing in a halo team because "people don't give a shit about halo".

we have giant orgs in halo so i think we are good on that front

• Upvote (+1) 2

agreed

we have giant orgs in halo so i think we are good on that front

yeah you're definitely right just meant with his opinion of it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This downplay though the only LAN event nV lost this season was OC and nV has massively improved since then and Liquid only managed to take a single series off nV on LAN once.

They 4-0'd str8 and Liquid at finals and have never lost an event aside from OC not to mention the fact that they beat Optic in 2 B07s on LAN which no other team has even come remotely close to doing sets them and Optic apart.

It doesn't downplay anything. The fact is they lost to liquid and went to 7 in the second series. That fact alone shouldn't have people believing these new teams just don't stand a chance until NV shows they can consistently stomp them optic has.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i know i'll get negged for this, but the music wrona listens to is the audio equivalent of what cratos's academic writing must've looked like to read. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Am i the only one that dislikes when streamers play music in the background while playing? It might be because I already have my own music playing, but I always find myself muting streams with music.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thoughts on a semi-circle radar? Like radar only shows what the player can already see and nothing else. 

i know i'll get negged for this, but the music wrona listens to is the audio equivalent of what cratos's academic writing must've looked like to read. 

Bro. MOTM (album and song) is so good. What. 

Also weird because I was just listening to it today. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thoughts on a semi-circle radar? Like radar only shows what the player can already see and nothing else. 

Bro. MOTM (album and song) is so good. What. 

Also weird because I was just listening to it today. 

i greatly dislike it, but i'm and old fart, so get off my lawn. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is a pro league spot really that important right now?

I wouldn't be surprised if after worlds these teams all do a reshuffle anyway. That's when taking into account the pro league spot is important.

It matters for both an automatic spot at worlds qualifiers and for the actual pro league. No one wants to go to worlds then not have a team in pro league and do nothing for two months.

Even if teams reshuffle after worlds you still will need two members of a pro league team to have a spot

Please, enough of these half-measures about radar. All of these suggestions are like putting a band-aid over a gunshot wound. Whether it's partial or not, radar gives free information to the player at no cost (other than the millisecond it takes to look down at your radar). This dumbs down awareness and overall skill. We don't need to and shouldn't try to compromise on this.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What would an SA only radar even accomplish? Walking will just become the new crouching.

It seems like the worst possible solution, as you're only moving the issue, not solving it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6 months after we asked for it, they decide it's time to start working on it SeemsGood

Good ol mobile posts the quote but not my response. Maybe theres more to this than what I understand or no, but if i was put in charge of Halo eSports Id be actively working alongside current and former pros alike to make sure that the games settings and lay out are as up to par as they can be.

They might already do this, but after every season of pro league, itd be cool if the devs or whoever works on that aspect of Halo 5 contacted each team and asked indepth questions regarding settings and tournament lay outs asking what works and what doesnt and just constantly refine and polish the game.