CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Of all the players available hes about the most talented, and style wise makes sense given how versatile he is and he likes to play fast which is what eg needs I like Ryan too but I think his talents will get washed out with the towey,roybox comm triumvirate.

I do wonder how much being available to get to the eg house will factor in. Ryan, Spartan, etc. all live far away

Well then, we shall see...

By the way, just thought about something, what if after worlds, EU players would move to NA and try for teams there or vice versa. Could be other countries too, would be a nice bit of flavour added to the scene like in CSGO. Imports and exports.

This format is really good as it mirrors what other console esports (cod, gears) do well. I would like to see the results of the season opener lan give points based on placing with pro league and the legendary cups giving a smaller amount of points than the lan. This way the seeding at the top really comes down to lan performance, but not as difficult to change seed as it was with the worlds online cups. This means if am's do really well at the opener lan they would be straight in groups and could force some pro teams to compete in open bracket.

I would also add a season closing lan for 100k the week after pro league (like vegas was with fall finals) with the top 8 teams after that going into the actual pro league finals. This way we get 3 open LANs and 1 invitational.

Yeah, this is key. Making LAN performance actually carry weight would be the kicker. None of this seeding point nonsense like what happened with St. Louis. I'd probably set point totals up so that placing 1st at an LAN = winning 4 online AM ups = going undefeated for 4 Weeks of pro league. This way LAN performance would mean the most, but online performance is worth just enough to differentiate teams that are close.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Tashi was originally from Neogaf, people are starting to get into the competitive scene again there and we also have no one there who posts personal attacks every 20 pages against him.

I understand him being there. Though he says it himself, the HCS team is small.. they should just have someone for social media.. @@Moses_FPS for example

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well Tashi was originally from Neogaf, people are starting to get into the competitive scene again there and we also have no one there who posts personal attacks every 20 pages against him.

I understand him being there. Though he says it himself, the HCS team is small.. they should just have someone for social media.. @@Moses_FPS for example

I'd do this for free next weekend if nobody could do it. Just please find someone who is in charge of covering that shit during events, it's embarrassing.

• Upvote (+1) 7

in light of the news that Allegiance are leaving our shores, I hope this brings a little smile back to your faces:

1489685298-emma-2.gif

So many jokes going through my head watching this...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always maintained that esports organisations are bad for the scene if you look at the larger picture...stunting team rivalries, history building and fan bases.

I understand their current necessity, but if esports truly wants to be taken seriously then allowing (effectively) third party organisations to run squads at their lesiure is not the way to go.

MLG had it right in my opinion. The pro league should own rights to each team.

I'd do this for free next weekend if nobody could do it. Just please find someone who is in charge of covering that shit during events, it's embarrassing.

yup I'd also do it for free, offered Tashi my help in anyway I could if he wanted.

Would be awesome if you did it and got keys to the HCS account

So many jokes going through my head watching this...

And yet none came out in writing ;)

Yup it's crazy for one of the orgs that came into halo and tried to help their players with absolutely zero return that did nothing but good. Get ridiculed and made fun of so bad by this community they don't even want to step back into the space and the orgs we want in our community offer barley anything to their players and ask for their very little of earnings.

Also probably doesn't help that players leave Orgs right when the team starts to become successful so they don't have to give them a fair share....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uh...what?? MCC still isn't fixed.

You can't exactly do something slowly if you aren't even doing it at all.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Someone posted yesterday or day before about caster bias towards flashy plays rather than the good objective or other plays. I agree with this and it's one of the reasons I really liked Ghostayame casting as he highlights objective plays a lot more than most. It's one of the cool things with halo having a lot of former pros as casters. But then those pros highlight the flashy plays more as well. It's all good focusing on flashy plays for a bit, I just wish they would go more into things that would normally go unnoticed by most viewers.

Casters do influence people's view on players. So when casters are praising a player that normally goes negative, it really gives viewers a new opinion on certain players

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've always maintained that esports organisations are bad for the scene if you look at the larger picture...stunting team rivalries, history building and fan bases.

I understand their current necessity, but if esports truly wants to be taken seriously then allowing (effectively) third party organisations to run squads at their lesiure is not the way to go.

MLG had it right in my opinion. The pro league should own rights to each team.

There's no reason to take so much flexibility away from players. But you do need a governing body to create a rule system that provides stability.

I don't think have the league operator owning the teams would help esports be "taken seriously". in traditional sports, third party orgs run their squads. The difference is the governing body sets limits on player transactions, and decides which organizations can participate and unions protect players rights.

many traditional sports orgs are investing in/ buying esports orgs. So I'd say it's already being taken seriously.

@@TheSimms

How so?

Anyone can start a gaming org, how many have we seen come and go in Europe alone, and let's face it - some shady things do happen.

I just think better professionalism could be created with properly regulated teams, plus better branding, if the league owned the rights to teams

The big downside is salaries would be hard to create without negatively effecting prize pools. More down to the games current popularity.

-you're leaving us-

I'm going to say thank you for all you've contributed and I hope to see ALG back in Halo some day soon.... but this makes me sad.

When was it that showtime and co have ever been "screwed over" by ESL?...

maybe he's talking about that time he got away with signing Stellur out in the middle of a Pro League match

or maybe the time they got Stellur fined for nothing

or maybe the time he somehow got to submit an intentionally fraudulent roster and keep a Pro League spot they never would have earned until Danoxide joined up?

wait

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@TheSimms

How so?

Anyone can start a gaming org, how many have we seen come and go in Europe alone, and let's face it - some shady things do happen.

I just think better professionalism could be created with properly regulated teams, plus better branding, if the league owned the rights to teams

The big downside is salaries would be hard to create without negatively effecting prize pools. More down to the games current popularity.

You can properly regulate teams without the league owning the teams. Look at just about any major sport.

In today's esports environment, why would a team/player want to be subject to such restriction?

The key is not tyranny. It's creating a healthy environment that makes long term investment worthwhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With that being said, its good to see ALG are making progress in the LoL scene.

And also, are Allegiance really leaving? Instinct loves Halo far too much for that to happen. I think they will be back, but not until 343 get their shit together.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@TheSimms

How so?

A better standard of branding as a whole but less room for individual brands to excel (Optic / Nip). You're also tying everything to an individual entity essentially starving off competition. If situation with said entity changes you're left high and dry (MLG Halo).
  • Upvote (+1) 2

@@Mhunterjr

But traditional sports teams can't jump ship after season or when things are tough, it damages fan bases. I'm all for investment but a revolving door of esports organisations isn't a good thing.

@@careh

I was more talking about rights belonging to 343i HCS rather than ESL. But i do understand the mess it causes.

I saw someone defending Comcast today.

Tomorrow I expect to see someone defend MCC or I'll be disappointed.

MCC is an amazing vehicle to introduce Halo kids who never had the option back in the day.  I helped my 4 year old learn how to play on MCC (HCE and H2) and he fucking loves it - to the point where he continues to ask me to play that instead of H5...even with the long wait times. 

There - I did it  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

??????????

V3kAXJG.png

????????????

14th of feb.. Thats a very fast change of heart

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lastly I think it's important to note that the HCS team is small

eSports is one of the fastest growing industries

IMO here lies the problem. I don't think you can't have these two statements and it lead to big growth and success. Some small teams can do it, but its clear the HSC team can't. Obviously there are other business things involved, but for the second statement to apply to Halo, the first needs to change. The HCS team needs to get bigger and have dedicated people for specific tasks, starting with twitter

• Upvote (+1) 1