CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not having access to your work is a problem no matter how rich you are.

Well the unfortunate reality is - no matter how important it is to your job that your internet be functional, no one is ever going to have perfectly functional always-running internet unless they have their own personal servers and a staff watching over it. Outages occur, and whining on Twitter about how the downed transformer across the street is costing you the $4,000 you make in 3 hours of streaming isn't going to do anything about it.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Proving Grounds makes this game so much better....

Silence... don't you see is this time of the week to complain about everything, we know complain about how pool play should be play on a 1 million dollar charity event.

I know I'd much rather go to work for 9 hours than play H5 for 9 hours so I for one respect ninja's sacrifice and hardwork.

He doesn't play h5 for 9 hours. Hell he probably doesn't even work 9 hours a day.

"While the game’s controls crib on Call of Duty (Halo finally gets iron sights) and Titanfall (note the boost dash) without ever fully convincing."

Everyone on reddit halo just died.

"Multiplayer may try a little too hard to court the COD crowd – a sprint button in Halo still feels like heresy"

Then reanimated only to die again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reminder that you should be at Worlds and I am upset that you are not

Thanks for the kind words. Hope there's more chances in the future, been blessed to cast UGC and at Wembley this year so it's not all bad :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just wanna say two things:

343, you are fucking useless. You literally have 0 idea what you're doing, how to run an esports scene, or even how to tell people that you are doing a major event in A WEEKS TIME. I have seen more advertising for the Weekly Gears 2k than A ONE FUCKING MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT. WHY. Why would you waste a million dollars on a tournament and not even say when the thing is? The viewership for this will be shockingly bad. Such a shame :(. We should be seeing trailers, front pages of newspapers and websites, billboards around cities, etc... not Halo fans struggling to find a date on the fucking Halo.gg website.

1. We need a dedicated HCS website, away from all the ESL and Halo.gg stuff.

2. More marketing.

And aslo, Gears of War eSports now has more followers than the HCS twitter. HOW IN THE WORLD HAS THIS HAPPENED? Gears is NOT as big as Halo.. fact. HCS must be doing something wrong for this to happen. 

Gears Is also having a 200k open event the weekend after worlds 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I just wanna say two things:

343, you are fucking useless. You literally have 0 idea what you're doing, how to run an esports scene, or even how to tell people that you are doing a major event in A WEEKS TIME. I have seen more advertising for the Weekly Gears 2k than A ONE FUCKING MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT. WHY. Why would you waste a million dollars on a tournament and not even say when the thing is? The viewership for this will be shockingly bad. Such a shame :(. We should be seeing trailers, front pages of newspapers and websites, billboards around cities, etc... not Halo fans struggling to find a date on the fucking Halo.gg website.

1. We need a dedicated HCS website, away from all the ESL and Halo.gg stuff.

2. More marketing.

And aslo, Gears of War eSports now has more followers than the HCS twitter. HOW IN THE WORLD HAS THIS HAPPENED? Gears is NOT as big as Halo.. fact. HCS must be doing something wrong for this to happen. 

Not that I necessarily disagree tho I get the feeling they wont listen to this post :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

That list is clearly skewed towards campaign. Reach's campaign was phenomenal.

They used a Reach image for CE. Triggered.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

that was an awesome single player. i thought odst shouldve been higher. the music in that game was the best

Well the unfortunate reality is - no matter how important it is to your job that your internet be functional, no one is ever going to have perfectly functional always-running internet unless they have their own personal servers and a staff watching over it. Outages occur, and whining on Twitter about how the downed transformer across the street is costing you the $4,000 you make in 3 hours of streaming isn't going to do anything about it.

I don't think he was expecting twitter to fix anything. He was simply complaining about a service interruption that was interrupting his work...

That's really not an uncommon thing.

Anyone who catches a subway, train or bus to work does the same thing when there are delays. The amount of money they made is really beside the point.

Halo 2 and ODST had better campaigns.

can we stop talking about ninja please? he vented on twitter b/c his internet has been affecting his job for almost a week. i feel like if we should ignore spartan being emo, we should give ninja a pass here as well

i feel like if we should ignore spartan being emo

The community has caught onto him lately.

• Upvote (+1) 1