CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja,

Ninja playing with Heinz and Hamy in matchmaking for whatever that's worth.

Hope they pick up Renegade, Shotzzy, Claim or someone who can slay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk, does it seem like a smart decision to skip the anniversary of the MOST successful halo title? This seems like a giant opportunity, they'd have to be crazy to pass it up.

They aren't hurting for money. They want to advance halo in their own way. H2A was a godsend, but a regression for a year will not happen.

Idk, does it seem like a smart decision to skip the anniversary of the MOST successful halo title? This seems like a giant opportunity, they'd have to be crazy to pass it up.

Unintentional neg.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry but I'm not falling for this PR response for something that shouldn't even exist in the first place and that thanks to them(343i) is  why this problem exists. Think about this for a second, it will be 6-7 months for them to see if  they decide to remove  radar or "adjust it" so only sprint and Spartan Abilities show up in radar. A ridiculous amount of time for something they should know and understand since month 1 of Halo 5.

I am legit sad to be honest.  :eyes:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja,

Hope they pick up Renegade, Shotzzy, Claim or someone who can slay.

Has there been any update on the age limit? Would love to see Shotzzy compete in the upcoming competitions

Towards the end of 2016 I saw the fun I had watching competitive Halo dwindle downward, from the broken game to the numerous terrible decisions done by the league. I honestly just stopped watching and carrying for whatever happened. I'm glad to hear about the recent fixes and announcements, but I'm not sure if that's enough for me now with this announcement regarding radar. Competitive Halo has always been a passion of mine since I discovered it in 2005 with MLG and Halo 2, I'm just not sure how much I want to continue though if radar is still happening.

Yes it isn't the end of the world, but the only compassion I can really give to it is like the NFL and terrible officiating hurting the product. After awhile you just have enough and don't want to torture yourself with it. Halo 5 is a decent game I don't really play, and is honestly decent to watch at the high level. But I feel that players and teams can be taken to another level without this virtual crutch hurting it.

Not sure what my plans are for watching competitive Halo in 2017, but I honestly never thought it would come to this. The passion is still there, the product isn't. :huh:

Sorry if this is too negative for some, just being honest.

If H3A is real in 2017, I'm back 100% as long as the right minds that understand the game do rule-sets.

*Insert rant of you making a post about spelling mistakes before making a spelling mistake in your next post* 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

They're gunna celebrate it by releasing a big H5 update.

I'd be willing to bet on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Missed you man, hope all is well!

Likewise dude! Glad to see you back on Beyond!

• Upvote (+1) 1

as someone who's been watching him since 2010, I've been surprised by the amount of viewers he pulls consistently for H1Z1 ... he's always above 2k, usually above 4k.  At certain times of day he's in the top 10 overall Twitch streams, which is seriously ridiculous.  He's making at least $100k per year pre-tax, maybe more with other revenue streams (Youtube, sponsors etc).  If he keeps playing H5 in 2017 we can know for sure it's for the love of the game

Last I saw he had over 4300 subs. Assuming he makes $3 per sub, which most people say they know he makes more like $3.50, but using that $3/sub x 12 months he's already making $154,800 a year. Obviously he would need to maintain 4300 subs, but at the rate his channel has been growing, if he sticks with H1Z1 that doesn't seem like it should be too hard for him. So $154,800/year WITHOUT any donations at all. Anyone who's watched his streams knows those roll in pretty steady throughout the entire stream. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he makes over $300K next year before taxes even excluding AC's donations. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because of MCC, I think it's a much smarter business decision to skip H3A.

I think a lot of people forget/dont realize how easily 343 got off with MCC. It's one of the worst blunders in gaming history, yet no one outside of Halo seems to remember it at all (and even some Halo fans have adopted a shocking "lol who cares" attitude). Putting out H3A and risking comparisons to MCC in the mainstream gaming media, when most of the outside world seems to have completely forgotten it, just isn't worth it imo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm fine with the post about radar tbh. 

A LOT better than another sarcastic tweet. Also according to the post it says they've been at work on the radar for "weeks" so its not something entirely new. Just playing devil's advocate. 

Tbh I enjoyed Season 1 and 2 so I think with much improved maps HWC will be even more fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think a lot of people forget/dont realize how easily 343 got off with MCC. It's one of the worst blunders in gaming history, yet no one outside of Halo seems to remember it at all (and even some Halo fans have adopted a shocking "lol who cares" attitude). Putting out H3A and risking comparisons to MCC in the mainstream gaming media, when most of the outside world seems to have completely forgotten it, just isn't worth it imo.

I think skipping H3A when they did H2A would be the biggest bonehead move they have ever made, and with 343 that's saying something. A carbon copy H3A with updated graphics would instantly have a bigger player/fan base than any halo since H3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think skipping H3A when they did H2A would be the biggest bonehead move they have ever made, and with 343 that's saying something. A carbon copy H3A with updated graphics would instantly have a bigger player/fan base than any halo since H3.

No matter what Halo comes out and how amazing it is will never bring Halo back to the glory days.

Or they could announce H3A at E3 as a part of MCC, and be like "we know we fucked up with MCC, but we're finally releasing a fix-all patch, and H3A as well this September!" or something. That'd score brownie points with me at least

but I'm 99% sure it's just a dream  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's the argument I always see, and I just don't believe it's true. The chance to bring back older Halo fans was tarnished with MCC. All of those great memories that people had of Halo 3 were forever ruined by that shitty game. And while H3A would definitely be hype, pretty much all of those fans who would actually be hype for it are buying Halo 6 anyway. There's no added benefit that I can see.

Just my opinion.

The BR in Cafe on Plaza is a huge change imo. It makes it so you can push out of cafe easier instead of getting spawn sniped with just a pistol out you can 4 shot br him across map.

doesnt change the fact that they can just no-scope you across the map. Its better though for sure.

It's not real. There has never been any basis behind it and it has been 100% community driven hype. I'm of firm belief H6 will be a scropio launch title but we'll see.

Uhh, common sense is enough of a basis. To come out with an H2A and not an H3A would be a straight insult to the halo fanbase. Halo 3 was by far the most popular of the series and it's not even close(and this is coming from someone who doesnt think H3 holds a candle to H2).

This SA only radar that "is better" hasn't even been played lmao. And I am almost positive it's not gonna help much at all. I would probably even prefer a radar that detected everthing over that. It's still gonna be just as crouchy.

Honest question: why would people crouch if walking didn't get picked up on radar? Wouldn't people graduate to walking instead?