CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No Onset or Goldenboy sucks, but it looks like a really good set of casters actually. Just need Walshy on the Grand Finals cast.

• Upvote (+1) 2

NO ONSET? 

BUT AGAIN TOSS??? WTF MAN.

I would trade like 3 people of this line up just to get Onset

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like I'm the only one who likes Axeltoss lol.  Of all the casters and analysts, he seems like the only one willing to bring in the conversation and get everyone focused.   His intonation can be a little annoying after a while but besides that I really think he's a good fit for Halo.

I also think Strongside is one of the best casters though so disregard my opinion at your leisure.  :kappa:

Edit:  I just realized Gaskin is going to be there. YUSS.  Love that dude.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good luck to all the talent at Worlds. Not asked this year hopefully some more chances come up in the future. Line up looks super strong should be a great show :)

No idea why your not there man, you have killed it everytime.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

No Onset but a great lineup none the less.

Great to see some more UK rep at worlds

A WonderWalshy cast would be sick

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like I'm the only one who likes Axeltoss lol. 

I don't dislike him, but I did at first.

My position on him softened when I realized that the things I disliked about him were mostly things he has to do and say. As the host, he has more of a scrip than the other guys.

There was one tournament in particular where it seemed like he mentioned "$60,000 prize pool" at the end of nearly every sentence to the point where I realized he's probably being directed to do that.

Overall I think he's a good host and moves the discussion forward, which is what a host should do.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If Hitch is gonna do this documentary he has to touch on the influence Halo 3 had on esports. I legit don't think people nowadays remember just how much it opened up things. Tsquared was on fucking TV!! and Dr Pepper bottles!! in 2006!! Tom Taylor (Tom Taylor)!

No doubt that shit sped up the process for games like LoL and CSGO to explode the way they have, in NA anyway

Let's not forget about the original Str8 gaming house. Saw a recent Hecz vid where I think I recall him saying that the OG house from the BO2 days was the first of it's kind  :wutface:. I'm sure a bunch of CoD fans think so as well.

Also, has the LAN network ever been attempted in another eSport? Man, I miss those days. That close-knit community vibe from back then just doesn't feel the same anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I'm familiar with the backstory of all of the "blue" casters from the twitter image. Can someone fill me in on where the red guys came from? The top/blue row I knew as NA pro players before they were casting/analyzing/working for 343, but what's the history on the bottom/red row? I only known them as tournament hosts, where did they come from?

So I'm familiar with the backstory of all of the "blue" casters from the twitter image. Can someone fill me in on where the red guys came from? The top/blue row I knew as NA pro players before they were casting/analyzing/working for 343, but what's the history on the bottom/red row? I only known them as tournament hosts, where did they come from?

Gaskin works for ESL, casting Halo and Hearthstone. Simms and Wonderboy are people who used to compete that eventually became frequent commentators for EU Halo events. The three of them cast for the EU Pro League.

AxelToss and Clutch are just Hosts

• Upvote (+1) 3