CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Funny how quick the forums perception has changed.

A month ago the gap between optic and chasing pack was being reduced now, there is a gulf apparently. 

Optic have widened the gap, after three weeks of boot camping in the optic house, (except for royal 2)

Quick question:

Can anyone explain why every team isn't doing this?

Money, responsibilities and lack of places they could realistically bootcamp at.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Quick question:

... money and time?

... money and time?

Most if not all of them are salaried AND it is their profession. So not valid

• Upvote (+1) 4

... money and time?

What's odd to me is that somehow they all found time and money to fly out to have LAN bootcamps before most MLG events in 2009-2011 ... when prizepools were much smaller and the players were younger (= their day jobs paid less).  

• Upvote (+1) 2

We might be making assumptions because Frosty, Lethul and Ninja are the only ones streaming consistently every day. But it does seem like Optic put in way more hours and effort into the grind compared to other teams. They scrim a team every single day, they grind matchmaking non-stop for hours. Every time something goes wrong they are self-critical and always strive to improve. 

When you watch Luminosity scrim its usually just Ninja shouting at the rest of them while they're all passing blame on each other then he will go H1Z1 and be done with the grind for the day(s).

When it comes down to it, the team that works the hardest and puts in the most effort deserves the win and that's Optic by a stretch right now. I really wonder what some of these other teams are doing right now, it's as if they don't realise there's 500k up for grabs in < 2 weeks. 0_o

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just because they are salaried doesn't mean they are rolling in cash

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys realize MM has sponsored a solid handful of pro teams in the past few months right? I've noticed their logo more than a couple times just watching the last couple events.

They're a part of the scene now, like it or not.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

$1000-2000 (a lot aren't even making this much) a month is really not that much money and most of these guys aren't just playing Halo for all of their money. Some have jobs, others have school. Hell a good chunk of them are in high school still. It's harder to just up and move than you are making it out to be. Even if they did decide to do it, where are they going to go? Most don't even have their own place and not everyone has the space or internet to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most of the pro players might be getting a "salary," and they're all "pro," but let's not forget that there isn't a ton of Halo eSports money floating around, and most of these pros do not make yearly earnings to the point where "it's your profession" is a valid reason to say they need to pay to travel to each other and bootcamp in a house that either a) they have to pay for, or b) the org has to pay for... presumably with money they earn from said team... which as we discussed, isn't a lot in Halo for the most part.

You may be surprised to know that a lot (hopefully mostly all of them) of pros are "professional" in Halo while preparing for the next stage in life, because save for the select few, this is more of a side gig for earnings that will supplement what they choose for a career later on, not a career in itself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How much time do these guys really want to invest in a dying game, against a team that has only one LAN loss?  Look at the teams.  Liquid is clearly the 2nd best team right now and they aren't even close to competing with OG.  Liquid is never streaming but you know they have to be grinding off stream in order to keep that 2nd place.  nV has looked lost since that fluke pro league win.  Mikwen and Ola are seemingly outmatched right now by better players on OG and Liquid.  LG has good chemistry but Ninja just needs this Worlds grind to be over so he can focus on his H1Z1 stream (he makes more $$ in one month of H1Z1 than he will at Worlds).  STR8 are solidly locked in to 4th - 8th place so there is really no need for them to grind although Ace has been streaming a lot.  Crowd Pleasers is in the same boat as STR8.  Spartan is an H1Z1 streamer now that ALG is finished, Commonly is opening a deli, and Svspector is finishing high school.  EG will be dropping the roster or Halo all together any week now.  Splyce probably isn't finishing T3.  So essentially you have a 4 team tournament between STR8, CP, Splyce, and LG to see he can finish in 4th place.  This doesn't sound like something worth grinding for IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Funny how quick the forums perception has changed.

A month ago the gap between optic and chasing pack was being reduced now, there is a gulf apparently.

Optic have widened the gap, after three weeks of boot camping in the optic house, (except for royal 2)

Quick question:

Liquid have all been together since St. Louis.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Stats are up from Vegas but they don't have Luminosity vs NV for some reason. Not sure if they are missing anything else.

http://halodatahive.com/Lan/Detail/1

Rayne .52 KD in the grand finals. Only 34 kills in the whole series. :apg:

Huke still put up big numbers even when his team was heavily outslayedd. So odd to see NV get outslayedd

Huke still put up big numbers even when his team was heavily outslayedd. So odd to see NV get outslayedd

I think @ had mentioned that he was playing with a broken controller during the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Speaking of H1Z1

:apg:

and the game is broke as shit but you have The Doc and Ninja making people want to try it.  

Speaking of H1Z1

:apg:

Woah.  I almost bought that game on Steam but there were a lot of reviews about how buggy it is so i didn't.  I was surprised that a game with a lot of mixed reviews got so popular.

I think @ had mentioned that he was playing with a broken controller during the tournament.

I had him on my fantasy team.... :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just when you think Luminosity could actually start becoming a top contender for top 4. Yikes

Tell me when they do it on LAN

• Downvote (-1) 1

Woah.  I almost bought that game on Steam but there were a lot of reviews about how buggy it is so i didn't.  I was surprised that a game with a lot of mixed reviews got so popular.

Terribly buggy, RNG starts, Chinese players on American servers.  The game is trash.  However, a guy who plays dress-up made it popular somehow and then Ninja gained a huge following on it and now a lot of the Halo "pros" are wannabe H1 streamers.  SAD.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

yAJaWNh.jpg

I know it's online and all, but damn.

the quicker Ninja can lose a meaningless scrim the quicker he can get back to making all that $$ streaming H1Z1.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6