CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

As the new HCS president I declare we build a wall around radar and autos

Though you may be the president, you still must consult the rest of the Galactic, I mean HCS Council. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i mean yeah we're not on top anymore, but with the direction settings are going and the every rising level of play, i feel that we are going upward. if we keep pushing, and the pro team is able to exert more influence like it seems they have been doing lately, then the rest of this year and next year could be really good. will we return to hce/2/3 in terms of gameplay? maybe not. probably not really, but things are trending up. can halopull more viewers and larger lans?i think so. if nothing else, the hwc season has proven that there is a community hungry for live halo. if h5 can build the momentum and h6 can carry that and implement true lan, there is no reason for this not to be successful.

we are at that turning point and the documentary, if done right, can build that hype

If they can't get people to actually play the game this stuff doesn't matter. The franchise will continue to decline.

H5's viewership gets by on the passion this franchise earned from hce,2,3.

I wonder how many people that watched the last event haven't played h5 in over a month.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Kinda pathetic that the HCS didn't even bother to promote @@SnakeBite AMA at all (they did @@Ace on r/Halo). Stuff like this adds up, why bother? Why such a disconnect with them and the community here? Sad stuff, glad I unfollowed it awhile back. Make sure to check the AMA out if you haven't yet.

Props to @@TheSimms for promoting it on the ESL Halo twitter and his own btw!

@@Moses_FPS for HCS prez.

It definitely does feel like at times that the HCS forgets that this is just a community-owned, community-run forum and that you, Saucy, et al. are not actually affiliated with the HCS.

Glad to have at least people like you guys, Simms, etc. to keep stuff filtering through the community though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree, but from a retention standpoint (not that I've actually studied any of this), I'd think those people are more likely to keep playing and try to catch back up, whereas scrubs who don't realize they're getting beaten on by champs or really anyone much higher than them in CSR are likely to say "fuck that playlist"

Yeah, That's a good point. Low skilled players coming up against the highest skilled certainly isn't going to get a measured response. By the time things normalize, it may be too late.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder how many people that watched the last event haven't played h5 in over a month.

Watching the last event got me back into Halo 5 for the first time since early December. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they can't get people to actually play the game this stuff doesn't matter. The franchise will continue to decline.

H5's viewership gets by on the passion this franchise earned from hce,2,3.

I don't play Halo 5 anymore (just wasn't my "game" anymore). Do enjoy watching top teams duke it and discussing events though.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Come on man turn that frown upside down.  If you can't support 343 I understand but at least support Halo.  Lots of people rely on this game and it's community for more than just a paycheck.  We owe it to ourselves to see World's succeed.

2ptsab4.gif

I like your mindset

• Upvote (+1) 3

You mean how melee almost died after nintendo tried to kill the scene and after brawl released? Nintendo still barely acknowledges the existence of competitive smash while we get $1mil tournaments.

No. How the community rejected the new shit game. Stayed with the old good game and prospered.

• Downvote (-1) 1

As the new HCS president I declare we build a wall around radar and autos

How will we pay for this wall Mr. President?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't play Halo 5 anymore (just wasn't my "game" anymore). Do enjoy watching top teams duke it and discussing events though.

same with me. but it would be interesting to have numbers on new viewers event to event and where our viewers come from (ie straight to the page or click thru from another site). im sure its trackable, but would that be something that 343 is interested in doing?

does LG have a coach?

what about pulse?

does anyone know the worlds format? purple names perhaps?  :prayers:

does LG have a coach?

what about pulse?

LG was being coached by FIS at Vegas. So I would assume him.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it was only ever a pitch, and no one said it was actually happening.

The Spielberg thing though... 

Edit: The Spielberg TV show is apparently still happening.

Edit2: Maybe it wasn't just a pitch? 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pilgrim-343-industries-developing-halo-e-sports-series-951405

Being on life support is still technically "alive."  :simms:

LG was being coached by FIS at Vegas. So I would assume him.

I was just watching Bestman's 2010 MLG highlight vid and was wondering what FiS was up to, thanks. Does anyone know where Hysteria is? I know he got a shoutout during a semi-recent HCS stream but I don't think they said what he was doing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was just watching Bestman's 2010 MLG highlight vid and was wondering what FiS was up to, thanks. Does anyone know where Hysteria is? I know he got a shoutout during a semi-recent HCS stream but I don't think they said what he was doing.

playing LoL mostly, haven't seen him playing H5 for maybe a year.  he occasionally comments in Halo Twitch chats though

Streams a lot of League and stuff now

does LG have a coach?

what about pulse?

Supremacy's coach is TaLic :)

• Upvote (+1) 7

Finally caught up on the lcq and i have to say some of those series were amazing. EG put up a real good fight and almost thought they could pull it back but most of all i feel bad for cryptik. They played so well the whole tournament then got demolished by splyce in the first bo7. The second series was alot better but all credit to splyce they played really well.

Great to see players like shotzzy get a go at worlds. Still a little baffled as to why its only 12 teams though.

Observer mode is a big improvement on spectator mode though so should improve the watchability of pro league. I just hope they have plenty of open events.

Also got the Monday after worlds booked off so i can watch the whole thing.

Also got the Monday after worlds booked off so i can watch the whole thing.

same.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2