CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No news is good news? 

Excited for this Hitch documentary, really enjoy what he does with the videos he makes for OpTic Nation. Assuming he takes his time with this and talks to community members about things that should be in it which he may not know about, I can't see it flopping. 

Hitch isnt going to make a shitty video. I think he has a lot of respect for halo history (his favorite player is pistola) and doesnt half ass things like that. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

That all depends on if H3A exists or if Halo 6 is actually a halo game.

Halo 6 might go back to og art style, so that's going to help a lot. If they cut all the extra crap out, halo 6 could be a damn fine game. The halo 5 engine is solid imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So whats good with proving grounds? as someone who wants to grind to improve but obviously wont be competing until after worlds, what do i do?  Like do i not play these arena settings and play proving grounds in case the settings change or do i play arena still?  Personally, and dont hate me, i dont even mind the current settings.  They arent perfect but if they stayed that same i wouldnt be too bothered

• Upvote (+1) 2

However, it's no wonder that so many people quit. I ran into Calm, Burton ?, Hunter jjX, and Posey.... except they were all ranked around Platinum. I had the (mis)fortune of scrounging together a full squad of randos, and I'm 99% sure two of them have trouble getting their shoes tied daily, and those two lasted maybe a minute or two before quitting.

Yeah, the ranks are so weird right now. I had the misfortune of coming up against Rammy, Musa, and SickStory and they were relatively low ranked as well. I'm sure everyone will end up at their proper ranks eventually but for the time being you can match almost anyone.

Halo 6 might go back to og art style, so that's going to help a lot. If they cut all the extra crap out, halo 6 could be a damn fine game. The halo 5 engine is solid imo. 

Ya I actually think Halo 5 is an ok game, it's just not halo. It doesn't stand out at all anymore where all these games are so intent on using next gen movement options. It's beating a dead horse, but I just don't see halo ever coming back to anything significant without going back to no sprint, no charge, no ground pound, etc. You know.... halo. I'll still watch big tournaments either way as halos pretty engrained in me, but I just don't have any expectations of it getting to be some big esport that will draw thousands of spectators.

Damn watching ryanoobs video on prize money was pretty sad. I know cost of living is different all around the country but I'm out here in California so from my perspective I don't know how they do it.

Video really makes you feel for the teams that are that close to making it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Everytime I wonder why Halo 5 is not even in xbox's top 20 most played games I go play solo MM and match 3 to4s in a row and realize why. I can't believe MM is still in this state over a year and a half after the game is out. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There was LITERALLY no where to go but up, from Halo 4. For the record.

To be straight, even just modifying the radar in Proving Grounds makes this game play way, WAY differently, and I already feel like the auto-cheesing has decreased some. The new radar doesn't directly nerf an SMG or Storm Rifle, but it definitely creates situations where you're better off rounding a corner with a pistol or general precision weapon because you don't actually know what's on the other side.

Yeah, the ranks are so weird right now. I had the misfortune of coming up against Rammy, Musa, and SickStory and they were relatively low ranked as well. I'm sure everyone will end up at their proper ranks eventually but for the time being you can match almost anyone.

I think the currently squirrely ranks + server issues that seem to happen at every season's start make up for a lot of the quitting. Again, Proving Grounds has reinvigorated my drive to play Arena... because it's now actually *gasp* fun, but there should have been at least a loose connection to players' MMRs from Arena.

I play with a friend a lot who is legitimately Platinum skill-wise... he was getting salty so quickly until I got him to look at our opponent CSRs in other playlists

Matchmaking is just as bad if not worse than it always has been. I've won 2 out of my last 10 games to the same couple of to4s. I promise I won't watch worlds if the game isnt in a playable state by then. Not supporting an incompetent dev like 343 and I don't know why I have for this long.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Matchmaking is just as bad if not worse than it always has been. I've won 2 out of my last 10 games to the same couple of to4s. I promise I won't watch worlds if the game isnt in a playable state by then. Not supporting an incompetent dev like 343 and I don't know why I have for this long.

Come on man turn that frown upside down.  If you can't support 343 I understand but at least support Halo.  Lots of people rely on this game and it's community for more than just a paycheck.  We owe it to ourselves to see World's succeed.

2ptsab4.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Come on man turn that frown upside down.  If you can't support 343 I understand but at least support Halo.  Lots of people rely on this game and it's community for more than just a paycheck.  We owe it to ourselves to see World's succeed.

2ptsab4.gif

he is bluffing, 343 will do shit before worlds and i guarantee you he is posting during worlds about worlds

• Upvote (+1) 3

he is bluffing, 343 will do shit before worlds and i guarantee you he is posting during worlds about worlds

"I told you Str8 was a LAN team!"

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is really the only annoying aspect, and that's because of one thing (imo)- they didn't use any sort of CSR reference from Arena. I know modified radar is different, but they shouldn't have everyone play this playlist like their CSR's are blank slates.

I do like that, even if I'm getting stomped score-wise by a To4, I can usually keep my head above water individually solely by using the extra sneakability granted.

However, it's no wonder that so many people quit. I ran into Calm, Burton ?, Hunter jjX, and Posey.... except they were all ranked around Platinum. I had the (mis)fortune of scrounging together a full squad of randos, and I'm 99% sure two of them have trouble getting their shoes tied daily, and those two lasted maybe a minute or two before quitting.

Yeah, its basically the wild west right now in terms of csr distribution. It probably would have helped a bit of they did some carry over from Arena, but a lot of the core folks who have highish ranks would be getting trashed since radar is life for them.

Kinda pathetic that the HCS didn't even bother to promote @@SnakeBite AMA at all (they did @@Ace on r/Halo). Stuff like this adds up, why bother? Why such a disconnect with them and the community here? Sad stuff, glad I unfollowed it awhile back. Make sure to check the AMA out if you haven't yet.

@@Moses_FPS for HCS prez.

Ya it's pretty obvious by now that they don't give 2 shits about the actual competitive community and those that have been following the franchise for over a decade. If they can get just a few of the cod/titanfall/ow type players to come play warzone, that's enough for them.

Kinda pathetic that the HCS didn't even bother to promote @@SnakeBite AMA at all (they did @@Ace on r/Halo). Stuff like this adds up, why bother? Why such a disconnect with them and the community here? Sad stuff, glad I unfollowed it awhile back. Make sure to check the AMA out if you haven't yet.

@@Moses_FPS for HCS prez.

We are a toxic wasteland.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, its basically the wild west right now in terms of csr distribution. It probably would have helped a bit of they did some carry over from Arena, but a lot of the core folks who have highish ranks would be getting trashed since radar is life for them.

I agree, but from a retention standpoint (not that I've actually studied any of this), I'd think those people are more likely to keep playing and try to catch back up, whereas scrubs who don't realize they're getting beaten on by champs or really anyone much higher than them in CSR are likely to say "fuck that playlist"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool to see Brett and TJ in this.

surpised to see that Ninja isn't on a list like this

• Upvote (+1) 7