CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Snipedown recently hit 20 at the Fall Finals. He and Pistola are the only ones with any sort of plausible shot at hitting Ogre levels (30+) unless Optic dominates for another 2-4 years.

Take H4 out. C'mon.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Snipedown recently hit 20 at the Fall Finals. He and Pistola are the only ones with any sort of plausible shot at hitting Ogre levels (30+) unless Optic dominates for another 2-4 years.

I don't count the AGL H4 events. Or at least they aren't worth as much

I always thought it was crazy that we had two sets of twins dominating halo 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He has said a few times he is playing for fun in H5 to try and keep the rust off, and then take it more seriously in H6

Hmm perfect time to get serious again would be in response to drastically changed settings. It'll be back to the drawing board for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Hecz's vlog today Hitch says they were going to do an OpTic podcast with Strongside when he was there. But they never go to it :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

No.

I doubt he even knows of this places existence. Hes referring to the MM update posts Menke does on waypoint.

Ya. I don't go to Waypoint. I value my sanity.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If the Halo Documentary is actually happening, I really hope it's done right. Would be a shame to see stuff like AGL / THC glossed over because it wasn't a good time for competitive Halo and the community - it's part of our history now.

If Hitch needs any help, feel free to hit me up.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If the Halo Documentary is actually happening, I really hope it's done right. Would be a shame to see stuff like AGL / THC glossed over because it wasn't a good time for competitive Halo and the community - it's part of our history now.

Well since competitive Halo started at the Halo 4 Global Championship this documentary shouldn't be too hard to make

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tweeted at him to come here because there's so many people that know so much about Halo's history here. If he is planning on doing it, not using this forum would be a huge wasted opportunity.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think he will devote a lot of time even to the times where Halo had it rough, especially if he is such a fan of the smash documentary, you probably offer your help through the beyond twitter account

I tweeted at him to come here because there's so many people that know so much about Halo's history here. If he is planning on doing it, not using this forum would be a huge wasted opportunity.

Sounds familiar

The smash doc generated a lot of hype and interest in smash when it came out and it allows newcomers to good a good grip on the history of the game. Could be huge for halo if hitch does it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree to an extent. We're trying to grow Halo right now. Providing top contending amateur teams with absolutely no money is only going to drive people away from competing. So logically, prize money should be more spread out.

At the same time, growing Halo from a viewership perspective is more important in my opinion. Vegas was a $50k event and while the winning team got 40% of that, I saw people in twitch chat mocking that the winning check was only $20k. Viewership comes when there is a lot of money on the line unless you're Smash Bros. If a grand finals was deciding who makes $15k and who makes $12k, people won't be as interested to watch. This is in regards to bringing in new viewers. Not Halo esports fans that would watch either way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like it so much I cannot stomach playing other playlists- even with the rampant quitting and clueless teammates.

Going against a TO4 is more brutal than ever though. If only we had a more powerful magnum.

BUT WHAT ABOUT SUPER FIESTA CAN"T YOU STOMACH? kappa

So has EG made any type of decision about what they are going to do as a team? 

How is proving grounds?

Super fun got me back to playing ranked after I would usually do social. I'm just a lowly plat though don't know how it'll be played at a high level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is proving grounds?

Amazing, game feels different/refreshing and so much more fluid, few more tweaks/changes and Arena could be truly incredible.

Would be a shame to see stuff like AGL / THC glossed over because it wasn't a good time for competitive Halo and the community - it's part of our history now.

Agree with this, captivate all of the history but doubtful they would leave out AGL regardless mainly due to formal been such a dominant force during that time.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So has EG made any type of decision about what they are going to do as a team?

You have to assume Ogre goes back into retirement and Contra leaves which makes the twins a team of two holding a pro league spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have to assume Ogre goes back into retirement and Contra leaves which makes the twins a team of two holding a pro league spot.

I'd like to see Roybox Contra and Ryanoob. The trio played very well in the LCQ and Ryan does what 2gre does but better

• Upvote (+1) 6