CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have you read all of Menke's posts? In the past few months, Menke has laid out multiple solutions, including your beloved "simple solution" and elaborated on the pros and cons of them.

Does he post here?

• Downvote (-1) 2

Luminosity up 9-3 in their scrim against liquid. Theyre playing really well for a team that esl called disappointing

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think that for an org picking up a team right before worlds is safe because they will probably profit off of just their prize pool %, so a team like Pnda who has a pro league spot and can count on being salaried long after worlds, they could use that to their advantage.  They get picked up now as a safe bet for some money for an org and could probably negotiate a decent salary for a short term contract.  They break even at worlds and then move forward making decent money.

The flip side is, they dont get an org, get flown to Burbank, take their portion of the prize pool and keep it, then get an org for pro league with probably a lower salary or average salary relative to pro league teams.  Either way, ex-pnda is in a good position.  I'm sure they are open to offers from orgs but i wouldnt be surprised at all if they went under Crowd Pleasers as that is also a beneficial route.

Its hard to say whats likely to happen because we dont know the offers theyre getting.  They could be getting offers with very little prize % taken out, who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Odd that pnda would even allow them to leave unless they had no contract

Maybe another org bought them out from PNDA

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does he post here?

No.

I doubt he even knows of this places existence. Hes referring to the MM update posts Menke does on waypoint.

Wasn't their bad blood after Worlds 2016

There was a bit of a conflict there but I'm sure all parties involved are over it by now. I just think it would be perfect for ALG to come full circle and re-sign Naded and Cratos for Worlds. Just way too perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There was a bit of a conflict there but I'm sure all parties involved are over it by now. I just think it would be perfect for ALG to come full circle and re-sign Naded and Cratos for Worlds. Just way too perfect.

Idk man i think its either going to be C9 out of nowhere or Eunited i know Eunited has been looking for a halo team and what better way to enter halo than with a worlds squad 

No.

I doubt he even knows of this places existence. Hes referring to the MM update posts Menke does on waypoint.

He's got an account here.

@@DoctorJ

I don't think he's logged in since he initially left 343 in 2015, though.

eUnited is a likable Org, I don't want the Pnda players under it Beyond%20Sad.png

Pnda is the most likeable team at Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Luminosity up 9-3 in their scrim against liquid. Theyre playing really well for a team that esl called disappointing

I bet MLG would give Luminosity the respect they deserve!!!

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Like they need to make skins for worlds right, the money they would get would be insane right?

they probably won't release them all at once. If they put skins out one at a time, people are more likely to buy more than one skin. If they realease them all at once, imo people are not likely to buy multiple, which is what 343 want

they probably won't release them all at once. If they put skins out one at a time, people are more likely to buy more than one skin. If they realease them all at once, imo people are not likely to buy multiple, which is what 343 want

Yeah you are probably right but those splyce and str8 skins tho jesus 

Nah, it will get.more promotion if they release them all and show it at worlds.

343 never shows the skins on their streams which is stupid

(Ogre 2 placinngs)

Seems like we're going to be getting a Halo doc..

He talked about it during the podcast he does with Maniac, seems like it's actually gonna happen

• Upvote (+1) 4

I fell asleep on the couch. Woke up at 2am. Too lazy to get up. Turn on twitch. The Halo event is still going.

Lmao wut

Why don't they start playing the games on Friday to avoid this?

haha I feel like this happens to me every tournament. Watch some matches, get caught up playing a game or something, then at 2 am or so I remember the tournament and I'm like "oh shit i should go watch the vod".... but the tournament's still live.

I keep managing to catch losers/grand finals this way, it's incredibly convenient for absentminded insomniacs but it does seem a little odd.

Seems like we're going to be getting a Halo doc..

Fuck, I'm actually really excited. I remember back in high school I was a huge cs 1.6 kid but I used to watch the H2 FB montage over and over again while I was waiting until I could get a 360. That video, along with some other h2 montages and trashtalk videos, are 100% of the reason I got so into Halo and MLG. It'll be awesome to see a documentary that can do that for younger kids what those montages did for me.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is Hitch really about to make a documentary about Halo??

He talked about wanting to do one after watching the smash on in his latest podcast with Maniac. And said if he found the time for a passion project, that would be it.

• Upvote (+1) 1