CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Suppose, the twins and contra stick it out for proleague, who do you guys see them picking up? There is a solid selection of top teams that won't be in the upcoming pro league to choose from.

All three played pretty out of their minds last night and they definitely showed that when they put forth the grind they can compete

THey did play out of their minds last night which was probably a consequence of the environment and the fact that RoyBox have been playing more lately than they have in a very long time.  Practice and all.  The question is: could they keep that pace up for all of pro league?  THe only way they keep playing like they did yesterday is if they train smarter with the time that they have.

I would like to see pro teams do something like a "Sunday Night Pools" where they basically put themselves into pools of 4 and emulate pool play with a bunch of individual 5 game series.  Teams need new ways to practice.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yesterday I was driving home from South Carolina, so I missed the majority of the matches.

I got an update from Kory at 4 PM (Central) that EG and CryptiK were going to be facing off in Winners Finals.

I got home at 8 PM, and Winners Finals was not yet over. The series was only 3 games in.

I'm just wondering why it took them 4 hours to play 3 games of Winners Finals. Were they streaming Winners Semis? (If so, this is the big thing to fix for future tournaments. Don't stream unnecessary matches for an online tourney and put the whole tournament behind.)

They didn't stream the winner semis which was alg-cryptik and eg-3sup. The stream was pushed from 630pm to 8 but even when the stream started they talked for like 20 minutes and the games didn't start u til after 830.

Commonly, Contra, RoyBox

The Problem: Round 2

That might actually be a solid roster but Commonly has openly criticized the twins for "arguing" all the time so i don't think he'll reunite with them. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most of the delays that happen in online tournaments is the players themselves milking. I agree millennial has a terrible track record, I competed at both of their events, but players are also at fault.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think Tom actually retired, there's nothing on his twitter. Just because he lost doesn't mean he's going to quit again. (I may be mistaken)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think Tom actually retired, there's nothing on his twitter. Just because he lost doesn't mean he's going to quit again. (I may be mistaken)

i'd bet money 2gre is done competing (seriously) in h5

he isn't good enough, he doesn't like the game, why even bother

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is a Quinn/Ghost call. I don't really have any say on where weapons should be placed on Arena maps. I do agree that the Carbine is WAY OP on Truth and should be removed.

Qe4bVOB.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

i honestly think it depends on the setting that are put into the hcs after worlds is done. if everything stays the same, and it better not, then retirement is much more likely. if the settings change to proving grounds settings, then i could see roybox and 2gre sticking around to see how it changes their playstyles and how it affects the other teams

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everything would have finished on time if the stream didn't get pushed back until 8pm, and then even after it started, they didn't start until after 830.

And yes to whoever was arguing, it was supposed to be 630

https://twitter.com/millesports/status/839941916976349184

I just don't get defending millenial at this point.

Edit: why can't we embed tweets on mobile?

Do we know that Millenial is responsible for pushing back the stream 2 hrs though? I bet that wasn't their call, just like bo7 (which I agreee with) wasn't their call. Just like 16k points wasn't up to a TO. Just like byes for 9th seed and win% deciding seeds for champ bracket. Just like pausing the stream to air no-name AMs. 343 has been calling production and formatting shots all along, I doubt that has changed in this case.

Not really interested in "defending" anyone. The actually running of the last 2 Millenial events was pretty good- there were a few issues on their part, but nothing game breaking. I hang the scheduling and formatting issues on the folks calling those shots. That said, 343 shouldn't be hiring a TO that can't facilicitate a second stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i honestly think it depends on the setting that are put into the hcs after worlds is done. if everything stays the same, and it better not, then retirement is much more likely. if the settings change to proving grounds settings, then i could see roybox and 2gre sticking around to see how it changes their playstyles and how it affects the other teams

that's possible for sure, veteran players are going to benefit the most from nerfed radar (and no radar)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think he is done competing period. He hasn't liked H4 and H5 he did not like the aspects of the game. H6 will be more or less the same. He is older, reflexes not as good, and his determination to play just isn't there. He has made enough cash in his career, where like Ogre1 he doesn't really need to play if he doesn't have to. I am a huge Ogre2 fan, and have always felt if you enjoy it, keep going, if you're not first you're last mentality be damned, but he doesn't seem to enjoy competitive H5 much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Proving Grounds is already 100x better than Team Arena.

Aside from a few maps it's legit good, haven't had this much fun with Halo since MLG H3

• Upvote (+1) 2

I spent 5 years researching this shit every single day so don't tell me what I don't know when all you're saying is that I don't have a degree. 

Yes, but did you do 5 beats a day for three summers?

Do you deserve to do these numbers?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wonder what happens in the alternate timeline where the RoyBox/Ace/APG team is actually created.

I wonder what happens in the alternative timeline when Pistola never breaks his hand.

• Upvote (+1) 2

that's possible for sure, veteran players are going to benefit the most from nerfed radar (and no radar)

I think Ninja is going to benefit heavily as well
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The doubles variant of Truth is fantastic, sans hammer. The tac mag is a great alternative to the regular magnum (especially if they do implement the new radar) and the BRs are under the base now. That does two things: one, it forces players to go to an unfavorable position on the map to grab a rifle. Two, it removes rifles from positions already powerful on the map (in the current Truth carbine spawns right next to bubble, BR spawns P2). It's a solid change that definitely works for 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 3