CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sad Ryanoob didn't win and I didn't get to watch lcq cause it went so late. I hope that this new radar is added to competitive cause that will raise the stock of all of the sneaky players. He's already really good at getting flag grabs as soon as there's an opening.

You've got a psych degree I'm assuming? Doctorate maybe? If not please shut the fuck up.

I wish i could upvote this more.  Hell, even if they do have that they need to stop.  This is coming from someone that does have a psych degree

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think the question of missing games is moot when it comes to an online tourney. Even if a team decides not to stream (eg) we could line up a pool of people that can be in games as an observer and stream it. With this format multiple matches happen and you can choose what to see and we come to the forums to update each other and share clips vs wondering why we have champ monday. If halo wants to stream, they should hop in for winners finals, losers final, and grand finals like they have been doing. That would be the easiest solution.

Prefered solution is to take top 4 and have them fight on land for the last spot the thursday before worlds. It extends the hype of worlds. Its a more expensive option, but now all teams are on the same schedule and no worries about a crappy connection

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the question of missing games is moot when it comes to an online tourney. Even if a team decides not to stream (eg) we could line up a pool of people that can be in games as an observer and stream it. With this format multiple matches happen and you can choose what to see and we come to the forums to update each other and share clips vs wondering why we have champ monday. If halo wants to stream, they should hop in for winners finals, losers final, and grand finals like they have been doing. That would be the easiest solution.

Prefered solution is to take top 4 and have them fight on land for the last spot the thursday before worlds. It extends the hype of worlds. Its a more expensive option, but now all teams are on the same schedule and no worries about a crappy connection

ESL does this for CS online qualifiers. They give "couch casters" access to the games so there can be many matches going on simultaneously. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

2007 MLG nationals had a bracket with teams seeded 7-15 where the winner got placed top 8 for a chance at nationals.

2008 MLG Dallas playoffs had a open bracket where the winner of the open bracket got a place at nationals (essentially a LAN LCQ)

What you present could definitely happen.

Menke re: Solo Queue in Halo 5

z29Cka6.png

I swear bungie covered this in halo 3 where if you searched with 3 you matched a team of 3 and each side got a solo searcher. Teams of 4 got only teams of 4. This held up in halo 3 pretty much all the way until the end.

For me, solo searching is at its absolute worst when a new season begins and everyone is pretty condensed in terms of rank. I literally played about 6 straight games of uncompetitive teams of 4 vs solo que players and for the first time I actually just stopped playing for a while.

I solo que all the time and I'm aware I'm going to get matched against a squad and get pummeled once and a while, but this was on a whole new level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Menke re: Solo Queue in Halo 5

z29Cka6.png

There is absolutely nothing I hate more than having my 3 other teammates in party chat. Just give party options similar to the connection preferences. Strict if you only want parties of your size, balanced for better queue times, and expanded if you don't care.

Looks like I'll start the World Championship discussion 1.Optic, they look to strong 2. Envy, I think they looked weak the past two LANDS but I think they'll show up strong. 3. Liquid ,sorry Tibby 4. Luminosity, Ninja fan here, also they look strong at vegas 5/6 Str8. 5/6 Splyce ,could put Panda here but they still haven't played Splyce on LAND. 7/8 Panda and FabE. 9. Supremecy 10. Shock the World, 11. London Conspiracy 12. Immunity, sorry ANZ I don't think you have enough practice against high level teams. Gonna be a long 2 week wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's not a good excuse. He was playing fine individually at Vegas.

That may be. I didn't watch much of Vegas. I'm just saying that people shouldn't be surprised if a heavily under-practiced player performs below his standards.

I suffered what he has/you have but with panic disorder and worse stuff. Getting over it is just a matter of mentality. His problem is just the way he believes he should be. 

This is absolutely not true.

The tournament did run too late. I'm on the west coast and I watched for about 12 hours. They should have started at 8am PST. They could have ended so much earlier and 8am isn't too early at all. They also should have just run things more smoothly with less breaks.

But I really don't think it was a badly run tournament. Splyce played out of their minds and RyaNoob's team had two Bo7s to win.

Props to @@RyaNoob for being a good sport and even coming here trying to improve things. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like I'll start the World Championship discussion 1.Optic, they look to strong 2. Envy, I think they looked weak the past two LANDS but I think they'll show up strong. 3. Liquid ,sorry Tibby 4. Luminosity, Ninja fan here, also they look strong at vegas 5/6 Str8. 5/6 Splyce ,could put Panda here but they still haven't played Splyce on LAND. 7/8 Panda and FabE. 9. Supremecy 10. Shock the World, 11. London Conspiracy 12. Immunity, sorry ANZ I don't think you have enough practice against high level teams. Gonna be a long 2 week wait.

I'm sorry but anyone who puts envy over liquid is delusional and is getting a neg.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Do we have any details on the pro league after worlds? I really hope it gives more incentives to AM teams to play as this HWC has really shown how much talent is out there. I like being able to watch weekly matches but would much rather watch an open LAN once a month where AMs actually have a chance of making some money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For an online tournament it was run pretty well during the whole thing. There was luckily no lagouts that I remember and the downtimes weren't that bad. That said, they either needed to start earlier, stream fewer series, played games on Friday or had the GF on Monday. Simple as that. You can't be having Grand Finals at 2AM EST on a Monday and expect the scene to grow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not finished reading everything yet, but fuck Millenial for making them play at 2 AM. Players were visibly tired. 

TC had this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Props to Ryanoob. He has every reason to bash how this LCQ was ran, yet he comes in here promoting constructive criticism. Respect

• Upvote (+1) 5

This Worlds Qualification season got me thinking about who's the most underrated/overrated.

Underrated 

Ninja/VicX have now outplaced a lot of people who left them; Roy, Lunch, Spartan, Commonly. A solid duo that I'm convinced will always be underrated due to H1Z1, personality, and VicX's age. 

Shooter - he comes up clutch when it matters, e.g. last night, yet people suggest dropping him any game he goes negative.

Ryanoob & Zeke - IDK how many times people have said they're washed, they showed yesterday they're top 8 material, and barely missed Worlds.

Devon - Got so much flak when he was on EG, but has been on fire since.

Heinz/APG duo - another "washed" duo who keep surprising people... remember when they wouldn't make worlds? :kappa:  

Cratos - yeah, he's a jerk, but does well with the right teammates. 

Roybox - Really don't think they're washed, they just make the dumbest roster decisions ever, e.g. dropping VicX and Predev. Also, Contra & 2gre on same team is a very passive combo, they needed someone on there like a Ninja giving them more space to do things. They were top 3 at beginning of Fall season. 

Overrated

Spartan/Suspector. Don't they deserve better teammates?  :simms: . Maybe it was just a poor playstyle mesh, but it seems these two never had a good game at the same time. Suspector the only player from last year's ALG not to return to worlds this year  :mj:

Bubu dubu  - had some great games yesterday, but very hot and cold. Shotzzy & Shooter were both going off, though I hesitate to say carrying. Think the Bubu hype is a bit overdone. 

Contra - yes his shot is amazing and he can slay like a mofo, but so many positioning errors at Vegas & in the LCQ. Devil's Advocate: could be an effect of all the Roy/Lunch/Towey communication clutter.

Not talked about enough / fly under radar: Str8 Sick & El Town. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

im really jumping the gun here, but all things staying the same, we have an open pro league spot for the next season since the alg seed disbanded. is there any info on how that last seed will be decided?

im really jumping the gun here, but all things staying the same, we have an open pro league spot for the next season since the alg seed disbanded. is there any info on how that last seed will be decided?

Another online tourney would be a cool idea, that and if EG stuff falls through.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe @@Vivi said any Pro League spots that are dissolved will need a new qualification tournament. I hope we get something like the PAX/Burbank LANs from last year but knowing the current state of the HCS it'll probably be an online qualifier. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder what happens in the alternate timeline where the RoyBox/Ace/APG team is actually created.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Even though I was west coast, I do not want to be up past 10pm on a sunday night watching. They really need to plan it better. Also, take into account for online tournaments where players actually are. Big difference between playing at the top of your game at 10pm and 1am etc. Simms held it down as caster though.