CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oh lawdy

And just for the record i have been battling depression and anxiety since 2003, it is not an excuse for him to act like he does.

So you have depression yourself but you are surprised when someone with depression acts depressed?

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So you have depression yourself but you are surprised when someone with depression acts depressed?

I was thinking the same thing

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As much as I wanted Cryptik to pull it off (they were playing so well when I was watching) Splyce won something like 7 best of 7s in a row (including resetting the grand finals) to make it. They deserve it.

Also, millennial need to be removed from hcs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, millennial need to be removed from hcs.

But they've been pretty good for me, ended at 6pm for me in Australia.

But that saying, if I'm watching from almost halfway across the world and the timing is good for me... Yeah, they need to go. ME have done this 3 times now. No more excuses for them.

What changes do you want to see from Millennial to stop this from happening? Don't just say they are awful without offering plausible alternatives.

Well since they've had this multiple times now they should probably try to identify how many series they can reliably run in a day without going to whatever hour that's deemed to be too late and then plan accordingly.

Maybe they'll need to run an online event over more days, use bo5 until later on in the tournament, etc. Basically whatever they need to do to maintain good conditions for people watching and playing. 

Well since they've had this multiple times now they should probably try to identify how many series they can reliably run in a day without going to whatever hour that's deemed to be too late and then plan accordingly.

So they should plan tourneys during the week? The matches last all Saturday and Sunday

• Upvote (+1) 2

So they should plan tourneys during the week? The matches last all Saturday and Sunday

Perhaps or use the weekend prior for really early matches in a bracket to cut down on some of the time spent on the final Sat/Sun. I think most would prefer planning for more weekends than trying to run something during the week though since more people are likely to need to work etc.

Perhaps or use the weekend prior for really early matches in a bracket to cut down on some of the time spent on the final Sat/Sun. I think most would prefer planning for more weekends than trying to run something during the week though since more people are likely to need to work etc.

Qualifiers for the qualifiers?

The 2 hour delay to get the halo stream up and running killed the time table. Why it got pushed from 6est to 8 I'll never know, but planning everything with a west coast time zone in mind kill it for anyone in the central or eastern time zone (ya know, the most populated time zone)

This is just the tired old man in me, but that downtime you had and the time that series started...i would be incredibly sleepy after that. Or at least just at a point of tired where i couldnt think very fast

Its like milllenial doesnt think that any of us have a job or something to have to get up for monday morning

As to actual suggestions. Start earlier, dont add delays when they arent needed. Halo channel shouldve been ready without needing that break, if they werent, just continue games. I didnt have commentary all day. I love @@TheSimms but if it means not missing the last few matches, I couldve gone without it for the end. Realize that very few people are able to live inside this bubble of halo. Work, school, or family responsibilities need to be thought of when planning this. Stop doing online tourneys. Ffs play out the 7/8 match at vegas for that final spot.

This was a 16 team bracket that started after 1 est. Not sure what they expected to happen when they started delaying games but forcing cryptik to play half asleep caused the best team to not win. You shouldn't get fucked for winning the winners bracket

The 2 hour delay to get the halo stream up and running killed the time table. Why it got pushed from 6est to 8 I'll never know, but planning everything with a west coast time zone in mind kill it for anyone in the central or eastern time zone (ya know, the most populated time zone)

This is just the tired old man in me, but that downtime you had and the time that series started...i would be incredibly sleepy after that. Or at least just at a point of tired where i couldnt think very fast

Its like milllenial doesnt think that any of us have a job or something to have to get up for monday morning

As to actual suggestions. Start earlier, dont add delays when they arent needed. Halo channel shouldve been ready without needing that break, if they werent, just continue games. I didnt have commentary all day. I love @@TheSimms but if it means not missing the last few matches, I couldve gone without it for the end. Realize that very few people are able to live inside this bubble of halo. Work, school, or family responsibilities need to be thought of when planning this. Stop doing online tourneys. Ffs play out the 7/8 match at vegas for that final spot.

This was a 16 team bracket that started after 1 est. Not sure what they expected to happen when they started delaying games but forcing cryptik to play half asleep caused the best team to not win. You shouldn't get fucked for winning the winners bracket

There was only one small delay which was the choice to stream the ALG vs Splyce match. The WB finals delay wasn't really a delay. It's either wait 2 hours to do the winners final and then wait 2 hours for the final or do the WB finals right away and then wait 4 hours for the finals. The only delay was the choice to stream the Splyce ALG match, which you can disagree with but that's a pretty hype match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What changes do you want to see from Millennial to stop this from happening? Don't just say they are awful without offering plausible alternatives.

It's Millennial's job to perform better. This has happened consistently with them - its not a one off 'oh lol champ monday', each Millennial tournament has run til I've worked up in the UK.

They need to work on their scheduling, clearly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like last night was hype, too bad I couldn't stay up until 3am

Missed some good halo man i would go back and watch the matches you missed it was hype

• Upvote (+1) 1

What specifically would you do to fix the problem? Many times on these forums we bash people who we think are doing wrong things without figuring out how it could be run better. Instead of just incessantly flaming, we can work together to figure out a solution and then flame when they still don't do it right.

I'm not flaming at all though? It's just my belief that they need to be removed from the HCS. All 3 of their tournaments have run very late with no sign of improvement - after the first one they should have put in steps to change this.

What would I do? Maybe start the tournament earlier, maybe not have best of 7s as early (I admire their goal with this one, but it just isn't feasible), maybe have some of the earlier games on the Friday night.

But hey ho, I'm not a tournament organiser so I'm unaware of a lot of the issues. All I am saying is that after 3 tries there has been no improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think this could work: having the qualification bracket (the one that was done on Saturday) the week before (on Saturday and Sunday) and then have 2 days for the champ bracket for these online tournaments
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Missed some good halo man i would go back and watch the matches you missed it was hype

i plan on it for sure

can't miss that grand finals

I'm not flaming at all though? It's just my belief that they need to be removed from the HCS. All 3 of their tournaments have run very late with no sign of improvement - after the first one they should have put in steps to change this.

What would I do? Maybe start the tournament earlier, maybe not have best of 7s as early (I admire their goal with this one, but it just isn't feasible), maybe have some of the earlier games on the Friday night.

But hey ho, I'm not a tournament organiser so I'm unaware of a lot of the issues. All I am saying is that after 3 tries there has been no improvement.

343 decides best of 7s, which I agree with, and they can't have a few games on Friday because qualification is happening on Saturday and you can't make that Friday night because of the weekday or something. Saying they need to be removed without giving examples of better practices is just a silly thing to do.

I think this could work: having the qualification bracket (the one that was done on Saturday) the week before (on Saturday and Sunday) and then have 2 days for the champ bracket for these online tournaments

The teams that don't auto qualify for the champ bracket would skip qualifications every other week in this scenario I think.

Just brainstorming, knocking out 8 teams on Saturday and then hosting the top 8 and an open cup on Sunday might work out though. The downside of this is you have to qualify a week before the tournament making things a bit awkward but who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There was only one small delay which was the choice to stream the ALG vs Splyce match. The WB finals delay wasn't really a delay. It's either wait 2 hours to do the winners final and then wait 2 hours for the final or do the WB finals right away and then wait 4 hours for the finals. The only delay was the choice to stream the Splyce ALG match, which you can disagree with but that's a pretty hype match.

best thing would be to start earlier and limit the b07s to winner finals, losers finals, grand finals. i honestly wouldve been ok watching player streams for the whole thing if it cut down on delays. or even if someone was invited to the lobby as an observer. i mentioned yesterday ninja commentating matches he's spectated before and that being entertaining. i didnt catch it, but it sounded like ace may have done something similar yesterday as well. its fun and informal and a new way of seeing games.

complex n probably has the best suggestion of splitting it into 2 weeks. its hard to coordinate across 4 time zones at the best of times.

or even do something similar to ncaa basketball where the last seed is decided by the 2 potentials playing. take top 2 or 4 teams and let them play thursday night on land for the last worlds spot. there wont be a crowd but at least they are all together at the same time, on the same schedule with no connection issues or anything