CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But do you honestly think LoL is a better game, competitively speaking, than H5?

Brah, it's the population of players that is making the difference. LoL is free to play. Most of the people that spectate eSports play the game competitively themselves. The reason Halo lags is because the pool of players that play competitive Halo is small to begin with. It's not about whether the settings are fair at the top levels of play, it's about how popular the Arena is.

I would argue that from a game mechanics standpoint, Halo is a better spectator sport than all of the popular esports today, by a pretty large margin even. Doesn't help that you can convert non-players if your core demographic is lacking though.

Is this for real ??. Do you actually believe that the skill required to play halo at pro level is higher than LoL ??
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is this for real ??. Do you actually believe that the skill required to play halo at pro level is higher than LoL ??

I don't see a single part of his post that refers to skill in the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Wait, what

The test stuff? 

Yup, the arena playlist was changed to a test playlist. 

Edit: Rig slayer in customs appears unchanged, maybe they aren't going to change the maps in customs until the settings are finalized?

Yup, the arena playlist was changed to a test playlist. 

Edit: Rig slayer in customs appears unchanged, maybe they aren't going to change the maps in customs until the settings are finalized?

As they shouldn't. 

I think the level of competition is insanely high in LoL, far far higher than Halo 5. I'm sure the strategy and meta for LoL are being pushed to absurd levels, and the amount of effort you'd have to put in to be at the top level is ungodly. 

But I also believe that a perfect Halo 5 player would stand above the competition far higher than the perfect LoL player. Somebody who perfectly used the information at their disposal to predict spawns, threw perfect grenades, never missed a shot, never missed a jump, always perfectly buffered their melees, shots, ground pound etc. given the situation? That player would be a god in a way that you just couldn't have in LoL. That player could win 1v4 against nV or Optic. The skill ceiling, even if it's not actually achievable, is crazy high.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the level of competition is insanely high in LoL, far far higher than Halo 5. I'm sure the strategy and meta for LoL are being pushed to absurd levels, and the amount of effort you'd have to put in to be at the top level is ungodly.

But I also believe that a perfect Halo 5 player would stand above the competition far higher than the perfect LoL player. Somebody who perfectly used the information at their disposal to predict spawns, threw perfect grenades, never missed a shot, never missed a jump, always perfectly buffered their melees, shots, ground pound etc. given the situation? That player would be a god in a way that you just couldn't have in LoL. That player could win 1v4 against nV or Optic. The skill ceiling, even if it's not actually achievable, is crazy high.

Lol, are you on drugs ??.
  • Downvote (-1) 9

I'm disappointed about no radar not seeming like an option at all because everyone saying its too chaotic after playing it for a couple hours. Hopefully a modified and no radar playlist are tested.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Biggest Fear / Reality: Nothing is done with the holidays coming up and staff going on vacation. Return from holidays and say it's too late to make a change for the upcoming HWC season.

giphy.gif

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i wish they would just disable radar instead of wasting dev time putting lipstick on a pig

Then you could potentially have much more AR rushes and more sprinting around with spartan charges when it goes out in the wild. They won't change all of that(at least not now). It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

You know how you can test different versions of the radar really quickly? By using the preview playlist. Just do a week or so of no radar, SA only radar, sprint only radar, etc. man we are over a year deep and NOW they are JUST testing the basics. GG.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Then you could potentially have much more AR rushes and more sprinting around with spartan charges when it goes out in the wild. They won't change all of that(at least not now). It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

i'd rather have more AR rushing and less AR camping

• Upvote (+1) 7

6 months after we asked for it, they decide it's time to start working on it SeemsGood

No no, you have it wrong, these teams "have rushed to respond to recent feedback"

• Upvote (+1) 3