CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think empire slayer could be fine with no pw/pus. Besides, the proving grounds playlist is for testing, so why not?

Im fine with empire slayer being in for testing, but in that case why not strongholds as well

I never had an issue with the lighting on Torque. I can understand the problem in principle but it's not like the map blinding half the time and pitch black the other half. If it was then you need to change your contrast settings.

It should never be blinding to begin with. Why not just have it at the same normal lighting the whole time
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Im fine with empire slayer being in for testing, but in that case why not strongholds as well

I would imagine that any map design changes wouldve taken longer to implement and delay the playlist vs just leaving it out for the time being. Im betting they could put it in roatation later if they want to make it a test gametype

I think there's a filter on the map again to make it easier to look at but the actual issue isn't fixed, nah.

It's because half of the map can be blinding at one point and then fine after a few seconds. It's just lame for an apparent competitive map.

Ahh maybe its my display settings then.

Im loving the new radar though. Im interested to see what some pros think. I do feel like my heads up awareness is shit atm, and i keep crouch walking unecessarily. 3 bullet points:

- Was able to outplay people by taking alternate routes and not using SAs when they were.

- Also got similarly outplayed but felt like i got "beat" not "fucked", which is a stark difference that i have no problem with.

- When i did have to hide, i found myself hiding in spots that covered the most entrances instead of the most hidden spot.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Had to watch rebroadcast of vegas and still havent caught up in here but before it gets lost in lcq etc:

Another great tournament! (I miss a lot of the bs by skipping straight to games)

My stand out memory is OG v TL wb finals truth ctf. Fuck me that was a thing of actual beauty! My hands were raised above my head in admiration at their teamwork and as the game ended I was simply shaking my head and applauding. That fucking snakebite flag run was moist as fuck too!

I strongly disagree with anyone claiming OG winning is boring. Sit back and enjoy nigh-on-perfect halo.

Massive well done to all 6 that qualified for worlds!

Good luck to everyone in LCQ. It'll be a shame to me that any one of splyce, ALG, EG, cryptik or 3'sup may miss out on worlds. I think three eu teams is a too much as the talent pool in NA is too good for just 7 teams but I'll happily be proved wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 5

>complains about AFK teammates

>goes AFK

My headset stopped working because the optical cable fell out of the back. Basically gave them a free cap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

>complains about AFK teammates

>goes AFK

LOL

Watching last game stats of EG vs Liquid. Lunchbox ended with 1.2 KD in a scrim where they los 10-3, somehow he had a higher than all of the Liquid players except Penguin.

Lunchbox definitely the best player on that team.

Edit: "this comment was powered by halodatahive.com"

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea this new radar thing is really cool I'm glad they released the playlist on time so we could all begin to trust them again and be positive. Oh wait.

I mean if we're going to weigh "playlist with Spartan Ability radar" vs "they released it a little late," I think the exchange comes out pretty positive. I don't think a playlist coming out one day late is a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where has that gotten us in a year and a half?

Everyone wants to say "what has being relatively cordial gotten us," and yes, the answer is "not a ton," but that doesn't mean factually inaccurate and immature outbursts on twitter/forums are a better option. In general, anger, derision, and direct accusations (especially like Jim's where they're kind of just wrong) are really easy ways to make someone completely block you out. It's literally the worst way to get through to someone.

As much as it sucks, 343 is not someone that can be "bullied" into giving you, me, or anyone else what is wanted. If that is going to be how people communicate with 343, then we can already resign ourselves to the fact that they'll listen even less to us moving forward.

I hate to say this, but I like the new radar. The fact that you can walk without getting spotted is a nice thing to see.

I was really a bit stoned last night and kept forgetting I was in a modified radar playlist  :tear:  :Beyond Dead:

but when I did remember, I got to make some really cool plays that frankly wouldn't have been CLOSE to possible with a full radar.

honestly the proposed radar system is awesome. 

knowing a player's movement speed was consistent is a huge part of awareness without radar. Reach + sprint + no radar was a nightmare because with sprint you literally couldn't anticipate positioning.

One thing to keep in mind is I think you can now fly off-radar again.... I'm 99% sure I'm disappearing when I fly and crouch... again, haven't played since last night and my memory is fuzzy lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Reminder of what Quinn thought would work for gears e-sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9h1L_FlFEA

Just read the comments. He needs to go if you want any significant improvement, conversations with him are pointless, look how gears 4 turned out when he left.

but he's a nice guy :bman:

He's not even a nice guy

• Upvote (+1) 4

Reminder of what Quinn thought would work for gears e-sports

Just read the comments. He needs to go if you want any significant improvement, conversations with him are pointless, look how gears 4 turned out when he left.

but he's a nice guy  :bman:

Totally forgot he was in on that dumpster fire

That whole twitter exchange reminded me that while they might be able to call themselves "proffessional" they are ultimately still kids playing video games.

Not defending Quinn I share a lot of the semtiments but when he says settings isnt up to him, I believe the decision to have universal settings might very well be above him, and thats the real problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That whole twitter exchange reminded me that while they might be able to call themselves "proffessional" they are ultimately still kids playing video games.

For being on such a high horse you think you would be able to spell the word right.

BREAKING: Players from the ages of 15-30 say or do dumb things!

It happens and he apologized to them.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For being on such a high horse you think you would be able to spell the word right.

BREAKING: Players from the ages of 15-30 say or do dumb things!

It happens and he apologized to them.

I would edit it but i really dont care

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would edit it but i really dont care

But you just edited your post to add that second paragraph..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else think Menke's promises were bs? He said it wouldn't place us as far down, but I went from Onyx 2000 in FFA to Diamond 2 and from Onyx 1500 in Team Arena to Platinum 2. Now I get to waste 15 hours of my life to even get to my level play in all the playlists.

The whole point is to make ranks more meaningful. Most real ranking systems don't allow you to achieve max rank out of placements, i dont see why you're complaining because you have to play the game to rank up lol