CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The game ranked me Plat II in Proving Grounds despite me going positive/even in each game and winning 7/10, and being mid-diamond last season. I'm not a god or anything but I'm just tired of this game ranking people way lower than they are and then expecting them to spend 50 games ranking back up to where they "should" be. It's just such a transparent effort to get people to play the game more. :/

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The game ranked me Plat II in Proving Grounds despite me going positive/even in each game and winning 7/10, and being mid-diamond last season. I'm not a god or anything but I'm just tired of this game ranking people way lower than they are and then expecting them to spend 50 games ranking back up to where they "should" be. It's just such a transparent effort to get people to play the game more. :/

There was no last season for proving grounds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been able to play many high level matches just because of new playlist but the new radar seems to work really well. Solo queue is still cancer though.

1) That's how ranking systems work.

2) There is no last season for Proving Grounds. That's why ranks are seemingly random atm.

People still don't understand the ranking system.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't been able to play many high level matches just because of new playlist but the new radar seems to work really well. Solo queue is still cancer though.

If anything solo queue seems WORSE...

1-50 is so much better :kappa:

Console players are so dumb that we need something very simple, so people don't get confused.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1-50 is so much better :kappa:

There needs to be somewhere that tells you how your rank was calculated

Ex:

You received plat 3

Factors include

Csr of ___

Multiple losses

Kda under whatever target for diamond

Even if its on waypoint only, anything that would clarify would be nice

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://youtu.be/3d1IqTx105o?t=1692

In Maniac and Hitch's podcast Hitch says he's interested in making a documentary series about the early days of Halo similar to the Smash Brothers series. Can we all please show some support for this idea?

I would love to see something like this for halo. I started watching hcs just before h5 came out and it took me probably 6 months to 'catch up' on the things that had happened in the competitive scene before I started watching. And since there are a lot of pros still playing now that were around in h2/3, it gave me context as to who they were, how long they've been competing and what they went through to get to the top.

Having a video to watch instead of watching countless hours of twitch and reading esports wiki is way better for people to get to know halo and to show people that the game has improved from h4 (since people probably left around then). We know the people are there as we got 40k viewers with some of the worst settings in h5 (fall finals. And I know a lot probably came for the story), but a documentary on halo could bring in so many people to watch hcs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seems unnecessary since it's gonna drag the day out much longer. Especially since there's definitely gonna be "online issues" and shenanigans happening.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It has been tested a couple of times but no one really liked it.

What would you change?

For a start, Instead of closing the window i would just make it small enough to fire from, but not jump through. You could experiment with the left/right positioning to find the best cross-map sightlines.

Seems unnecessary since it's gonna drag the day out much longer. Especially since there's definitely gonna be "online issues" and shenanigans happening.

If they didn't do that people would still bitch about not being bo7.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes we can certainly conclude that solo queue is worse the same day matching updates go live and when most players havent even established their ranks yet.

How? You can make more individual plays now that you can move more freely without being punished.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

If they didn't do that people would still bitch about not being bo7.

Nah, only if the finals werent bo7. Unless every winners and losers round plays concurrent, then chad is right that it will lengthen the day. Hopefully people dont trip on their ethernet cable too much

Ive played a couple games with the new radar and I find myself sprinting way less. Also sometimes I go to crouch to hid and think to myself wtf am I doing

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, yeah. Before as a solo you had a radar to provide a shit ton of info. Now it provides half as much. Of course solo queue is harder  :apg:

Edit: Definitely have more freedom to make plays though, I'm finding myself disagreeing with my above statement.

this weekend will be awesome with both the atlanta sfv event and the lcq going on. 

And KI Cup  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes we can certainly conclude that solo queue is worse the same day matching updates go live and when most players havent even established their ranks yet.

Yea that's pretty much exactly why it's worse currently. Since there is no established rank and most players haven't played 10 yet the solo teams are incredibly random in terms of the skill of players that are on them, vs a to4 that is more likely to be of similar rank to each other. I'm sure it will improve as time goes by and people finish their placement games.

There needs to be somewhere that tells you how your rank was calculated

Ex:

You received plat 3

Factors include

Csr of ___

Multiple losses

Kda under whatever target for diamond

Even if its on waypoint only, anything that would clarify would be nice

Rank isn't based on CSR or Kda. Rank is based on wins and losses and calculations based on your teammates and your opponents. As far as I'm aware anyway.