CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They've made a couple map geometry changes to Torque as far as I can tell.

It'll just be Forge stuff. I wish they would make straight up geometry changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was playing Torque and it feels very standoff-ish. I believe that's due to both the way the map is shaped and the fact that there are two snipers. Could've just been a bad lobby though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'll just be Forge stuff. I wish they would make straight up geometry changes.

You're right really. Just a few useless walls and the pillar in the middle. Map shouldn't be anywhere near anything. Horrible stuff. The lighting alone should have it removed from the game.

I was playing Torque and it feels very standoff-ish. I believe that's due to both the way the map is shaped and the fact that there are two snipers. Could've just been a bad lobby though.

Not a bad lobby. Just the way it is. Thankfully it never got into competitive. Eden would look like Empire comparatively.

I was referring to this

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/840243514759823361

Not radar. Different radar is actually being tested though, so we'll see what happens. I give them props for that a least. Wasn't that poll done before people actually played it though? I remember @@SnakeBite or something said he played No Radar and loved it the first day, then when they played it more and more he didn't like it as much. Could be wrong.

Super late but thanks for clarifying.

I also love that quinn admits to not reading anything. I wish he'd point us to the person that controls these things so we go there with suggestions. Telling us to leave him alone is fine but we need a place to go

No empire strongholds?

The lords will has finally prevailed.

Now put fucking empire 5 flag and we'll be set

• Upvote (+1) 3

The changes to Torque are really interesting. They opened up the paths to bottom middle like Stasis did but the pillars move up and down every so often so you can't always get up and down there.

The other giant pillars that would constantly move are also static and allow you to jump to top middle easier.

EDIT: At the halfway mark in the game, the static pillars raise up as high as they can go. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

wtf arena reset ranks again?

Yup - not all ranks were reset yesterday for some reason so they did a second reset.

Settings are great. Still don't see why no radar isn't being used but I'm not touching TA until this playlist leaves. Very enjoyable so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No empire strongholds?

The lords will has finally prevailed.

Now put fucking empire 5 flag and we'll be set

Been wanting to see how a 5 flag Empire with no power ups or power weapons would play, could be like Halo 5's Onslaught flag

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://youtu.be/3d1IqTx105o?t=1692

In Maniac and Hitch's podcast Hitch says he's interested in making a documentary series about the early days of Halo similar to the Smash Brothers series. Can we all please show some support for this idea? 

The smash brothers documentary is one of the best things I've ever seen. I'd love to have a Halo one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been wanting to see how a 5 flag Empire with no power ups or power weapons would play, could be like Halo 5's Onslaught flag

That's pretty much the equivalent I would think. How no one else sees this is fucking beyond me.

You mean, it could be Halo5's Midship.

That's pretty much the equivalent I would think. How no one else sees this is fucking beyond me.

It has been tested a couple of times but no one really liked it. 

What would you change?

honestly the proposed radar system is awesome. 

knowing a player's movement speed was consistent is a huge part of awareness without radar. Reach + sprint + no radar was a nightmare because with sprint you literally couldn't anticipate positioning.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sprint feels even more useless now. I feel like it may become very situational.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plus, asking Quinn for sandbox changes when he's made it clear it's not his role... 

Lets not downplay how bullshit that situation was.

It has been tested a couple of times but no one really liked it.

What would you change?

Its played in social skirmish but they add giant walls in front of the base. Literally the single fucking way they could ruin it for flag they did.

I remember playing flag on it way back and it seemed fine. Even if I hadn't played it the second I first saw Empire I immediately thought it would be perfect for multi flag. It's the perfect scale, got nice bases, plenty of side spawns, a nice long los down the center to contest flag caps the entire way, and each side path (tower and outside) are completely unique for actual differing sneakier/safer flag runs. It's THE PERFECT FLAG MAP. How could anyone possibly say it plays bad I can literally look at it and tell otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been there done that. Have had long conversations with Quinn via Dm's. Dude wont budge.

You might like this video, or it might just make you angry.

Been there done that. Have had long conversations with Quinn via Dm's. Dude wont budge.

he seems like the kind of guy who is never wrong ever. i love that he references a relationship but doesn't read forums and wont discuss things openly

I'm happy to see someone actually have emotion with regards to the settings. It sucks that it came to that after dealing with it for over a year but its way better than the super fake hype man tweets and vaguely dissatisfied comments then people check their DMs and everything is great again despite nothing really changing. 

People try so hard to hide the flaws and things we don't like about the game in some kind of attempt to not scare off new people. The easiest way to fix that is to be openly public about what people don't like and coming to solutions and compromises that earn the gratitude of the players. Nothing sells games faster than a happy community that likes their developer. Ever seen someone talk about CD Projekt RED or Blizzard?