CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's frustrating because pretty much everyone knows that the settings can be better, we're over a year in and we're still having issues with them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool story man glad you don't find autos to be a problem. Unfortunately, since so many people complain about them there are still LOTS of people that have issues with them. But maybe you just have the best magnum in the game and autos just don't affect you even though they have faster perfect TTK's than the pistol.

Well done on the reading comprehension.

Honestly, I'm all for a slight nerf to the AR, I think it would improve the game. 

Out of curiosity though, I had a quick look at my stats and apparently I've had about 8.5 times more kills with the Magnum than the AR. 

You (beast) have had around 5.2 times more kills with the magnum than the AR. 

Spartan (the pro off the top of my head who appears to use the AR the most) has around 3 times more magnum kills than AR kills (39'705 vs 13'131. Interesting note, Spartan has fired almost the exact same number of AR shots as he has pistol shots (395939 vs 395360).

• Upvote (+1) 2

For about the first 6 months of Halo 5's launch I was dog shit at the game because I am one of the old school Halo players that had too much pride to use the AR non stop. I had to break my pride to start placing in higher ranks of H5. That was a painful experience for me. Hope I am not alone.

Me. Me. And me. STILL having issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was fun guys. RIP EU HCS.

You bit the hand.  :kappa:

Frustrations with the game can boil over when something is ignored for so long. I am happy they changed radar. Excited to play with the new radar. It may make autos better it may make them worse. If 343 would just be more involved with the community these crazy twitter battles may not happen.

Yea this new radar thing is really cool I'm glad they released the playlist on time so we could all begin to trust them again and be positive. Oh wait.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The weapons in the game ARE balanced around Warzone though. Lol.

And good on the EU players for speaking out. I give y'all my thanks.

Actually yeah, the weapons ARE balanced around Warzone.

My thing is, since the entire premise of Warzone is about calling in upgraded variants of basic weapons, why not just have the most basic versions of each weapon be tuned for competitive play. Problem solved.

Everyone can have their cake and eat it to, but we have these in unneccisary intersections between 2 segments of the community that really don't need to overlap.

We see the same issue with the playlist management.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yea this new radar thing is really cool I'm glad they released the playlist on time so we could all begin to trust them again and be positive. Oh wait.

They did release it for a while, but nobody played it, so they removed it.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 7

For about the first 6 months of Halo 5's launch I was dog shit at the game because I am one of the old school Halo players that had too much pride to use the AR non stop. I had to break my pride to start placing in higher ranks of H5. That was a painful experience for me. Hope I am not alone.

I still struggle with this. I'll go through a full game of Empire Strongholds with my pistol out...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Actually yeah, the weapons ARE balanced around Warzone.

My thing is, since the entire premise of Warzone is about calling in upgraded variants of basic weapons, why not just have the most basic versions of each weapon be tuned for competitive play. Problem solved.

Everyone can have their cake and eat it to, but we have these in unneccisary intersections between 2 segments of the community that really don't need to overlap.

We see the same issue with the playlist management.

Oh for sure. It's never made sense to me why they have it the way it is. Could easily make some changes or at least experiment with them.

Why did they even create two fundamentally different experiences then attempt to shove autos and radar in by saying "unified settings"

Hmmm

Who is everyone's pick for the LCQ this weekend?!

Cryptik all the way. They picked up Devon and I'm really hoping that pushes them over the top. But Ryanoob played much better at Las Vegas than he has online so I dunno. 

Halo 5 is actually the first Halo I've put time into. I played a few matches of Reach in highschool with friends. And I used to try and just use the pistol to get good and it was a real trial by fire type deal. I mean, Empire used to have smgs on it and before that it had two storm rifles. And I was so trash. 

I'm a lan team.

The assault rifle was the bane of my existence cause in my bracket everyone used it. Tweak the damage, nerf the smg pls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really wish they made the lcq single elim. The hype would be on another level.

Somebody doesn't want the best team to win....

Whenever I start to struggle i just dont switch to my magnum off spawn, run around like an idiot and get a few cheap AR kills, then start playing normally again.  I did an "AR only" night a couple months ago and got some ridiculous kills.

I personally am not in the "NO AUTOS EVER" camp.  but 1) Why do we spawn with one? and 2) why are they so easy to use?

I think that "competitive" vs "Standard" gets lost in the conversation when we speak with 343.  I think we assume that they know we are referring to competitive but they assume we are talking about the whole game.

I'm shocked that we actually got Quinn to start at least talking about it.

Even if he's his usual narcissistic self.

And has no real say about sandbox changes

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah, that's just Ghost. 

Can you level with us on where the bottleneck is? Probably not, but I'm just curious. Radar removed. ARs Removed. It takes 10 seconds to do through the menu settings and instantly improves the game. Why haven't we seen it yet? Halo 5 has been released for over a year. Replace the storm rifle, brute rifle, and smgs with ARs. I realize this isn't 100% agreed upon by the community (more like 90/10) but we all know these settings would be soooo much better. Why hasn't this happened yet and more importantly who is stopping this from happening? Genuine question. If you'd rather not say I understand, but remember what it's like being on the other end of this. No ARs and no radar isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than with them in.

No, Halo 5 sandbox was not balanced around Warzone. It was primarily balanced around the weapons within each class. 

I can't wait for someone to tell you how you are wrong.

Can you level with us on where the bottleneck is? Probably not, but I'm just curious. Radar removed. ARs Removed. It takes 10 seconds to do through the menu settings and instantly improves the game. Why haven't we seen it yet? Halo 5 has been released for over a year. Replace the storm rifle, brute rifle, and smgs with ARs. I realize this isn't 100% agreed upon by the community (more like 90/10) but we all know these settings would be soooo much better.

This is all just your opinion and you have literally NO idea if "90%" of the community agrees with you. Personally, I like having multiple useful non power weapons. I agree auto's need a nerf/radar needs to go (we will see about these playtest radar settings) but that's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh for sure. It's never made sense to me why they have it the way it is. Could easily make some changes or at least experiment with them.

It just seems like Warzone and the Req system is the perfect excuse for them to NOT handle balance the way they've been doing.

I'm actually ok with the idea of AR starts. But either make require more skill to use effectively, or make it weaker. To appease the non-competitive crowd, they could start with a different variant in other playlists.

They could do this with any weapon that currenty needs attention in Arena. They could buff the magnum, nerf the sniper, rework the rifles etc, all without doing damage to the a casual experience. At most they'd have to adjust the req cost of some weapons... big deal.

No, Halo 5 sandbox was not balanced around Warzone. It was primarily balanced around the weapons within each class.

Please explain further. Cause it seems like there is a pretty basic hierarchy were the pickups are upgrades with no trade offs ... a very Warzone-Esque dynamic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I literally just want the playlist to come out. After playing 8s with new radar, Arena seems like trash.

It just seems like Warzone and the Req system is the perfect excuse for them to NOT handle balance the way they've been doing.

I'm actually ok with the idea of AR starts. But either make require more skill to use effectively, or make it weaker. To appease the non-competitive crowd, they could start with a different variant in other playlists.

They could do this with any weapon that currenty needs attention in Arena. They could buff the magnum, nerf the sniper, rework the rifles etc, all without doing damage to the a casual experience. At most they'd have to adjust the req cost of some weapons... big deal.

Please explain further. Cause it seems like there is a pretty basic hierarchy were the pickups are upgrades with no trade offs ... a very Warzone-Esque dynamic.

i honestly wouldnt mind having the ar act as a plasma pistol. what i mean is a gun that can melt shields with a quick clip and the switch to the pistol to finish the kill