CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope for the best but I think it's a downgrade for him.

I assume he's replacing burton?

nope blaze got dropped

• Downvote (-1) 1

Well said, and i'll agree with you before you get attacked/negged by some of the people who "love" halo. Sadly I think we have gone down a path that is not fixable, and I don't really think it has anything to do with the games at this point it has to do with us as a community. The fact I came on here during the event and saw production being hated on for not showing the EG vs splyce series over the Liquid vs pnda series(which was to qualify) was very sad. EG lost to an AM team. I'll be the one to break your hearts I suppose, MLG would not have shown that match either. Obviously things can get better, but it gets to a point where it is simply ridiculous. Oh and Tashi is good at his job and I believe does what he can. That is coming from a pro player who does not go to 343 summits etc etc. That is coming from a pro player who does everything possible to fix this game, rules, etc etc. I love you all, but be careful who you follow or agree with simply because someone says they love halo. Obviously I understand where the negativity comes from, we all want the same thing. Well most of us actually do I should say. It gets to a point though where you have to begin to ask yourself, are you apart of the problem, or the solution? This is something I have ask myself a lot and so far I believe I have done almost everything I actually can. Hopefully no one takes this as personal attacks. Hopefully even though I am bashing negativity you all understand that I am well aware of where the frustration comes from. Haven't posted on here in a while and wanted to try to defend someone who spoke some truth. Have a great day and thank you for taking the time to read my long post.

...i dont understand how the community is the problem. unless we are being deprived of features because of forum posts, the he issue is with the people running his scene. if we are being deprived because of this community that even runs its own unsupported halo tournaments, then thats an even bigger issue.

how do we improve halo? do we want too much? what should we do as a community? you share some of the same frustrations, and we all want the best, even the people you think don't. please help us help the cene

as to wanting to see eg v splyce, (splyce is an amateur team in 343's eyes as they are paid to play, but still) it is not unreasonable to see 3 "former" pros and an amazing newcomer vs a team of old favorites.

again im confused how we are the problem

XKUzigDSch-we-aren-t-the-problem-fuck.gi

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Rolling-my-eyes-so-hard.jpg

Ok out of context that part looks pretty silly. I'll admit I was trying to ruffle some feathers to get my point across but I won't apologize, because

b35d54e784b7ada06e3b78040b7f881d.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ok, so quickly throwing together the points; I believe these are the Top 8 seeds for Sunday. (9-16 filled through Open cup on Saturday).

1. EG - 17,625
2. Splyce - 3,160
3. ALG - 1,880
4. Velvet - 835
5. 3sUP - 795
6. StDx - 595
7. Cryptik - 585 
8. Wise - 335

FYI; this means that Splyce's run would be:
- Round 1
- Winners Quarters vs Cryptik
- Winners Semis vs Allegiance
- Winners Finals vs Evil Geniuses
(assuming no upsets)
  • Upvote (+1) 3

EG lost to an AM team. I'll be the one to break your hearts I suppose, MLG would not have shown that match either.

You mean the AM team that had their Pro seed stolen due to a loophole in ESL's rulebook?  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You mean the AM team that had their Pro seed stolen due to a loophole in ESL's rulebook?  :laughing:

I think he's talking about Cryptik

• Upvote (+1) 7

Saying the community is in the wrong is such an absurd thing to say and actually believe that I can't even find a way to properly respond to it. That's like saying the fans of professional baseball who don't want to see the length of the games shortened (IE changing games to 7 innings from the current 9 innings aka the way baseball has been since the mid 1800s) are the reason that baseball is "dying" (which actually is not true whatsoever and professional baseball has seen a consistent rise in viewership over the past few years, especially in the playoffs) or not evolving as some also like to say which is complete BS as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok, so quickly throwing together the points; I believe these are the Top 8 seeds for Sunday. (9-16 filled through Open cup on Saturday).

1. EG - 17,625
2. Splyce - 3,160
3. ALG - 1,880
4. Velvet - 835
5. 3sUP - 795
6. StDx - 595
7. Cryptik - 585 
8. Wise - 335

FYI; this means that Splyce's run would be:
- Round 1
- Winners Quarters vs Cryptik
- Winners Semis vs Allegiance
- Winners Finals vs Evil Geniuses
(assuming no upsets)

Any word if roster changes do anything with points? or do they keep 2 people like Pro League?

I'd love to believe Tashi is good at his job. And I don't know exactly what his roll is. I also am not nearly as critical of production as some people here are. I'm also a massive fan on Roy and EG.

With that said. The 16,000 pts awarded to pro teams is the absolute stupidest clause in tournament formatting I've ever witnessed in my life. Blatantly unfair is the best way to describe it. It's a slap in the face to all the AMs who have worked their asses of to outperform pros at these tournaments. Maybe Tashi has nothing to do with it, but he's the one who responded to criticism of it with a nonsensical display of hand-waving, sidestepping, and finger pointing at the community who's only been clamoring for a format that actually makes sense.

Now I love EG. But given their performance at STL, in the online cups, and at Vegas, why should they be the number one seed in the LCQ? Because they narrowly escaped relegation in an unrelated pro league?

I can't say that anyone who participated in creating this nonsensical format is "good at their job", if their job is influencing tournament structure.

@@SnakeBite you mention that EG lost to an AM team, and imply not showing the match was a good call. So is it also a good call that this same EG is first seed? It's a travesty.

• Upvote (+1) 7

how do we improve halo? do we want too much? what should we do as a community? you share some of the same frustrations, and we all want the best, even the people you think don't. please help us help the cene

Be positive, be happy, be welcoming. Quite unfortunately the community doesn't control the HCS. Our opinions have been clearly heard and not reciprocated, complaining is doing nothing but deterring people that aren't already invested in the scene from ever entering. If (the proverbial) you love halo, then where is all the love? Enjoy the game, be a student of the game, get better, play customs and talk to your friends playing halo. That's what the community is for, just that and nothing more. The sense of fun and life of a game depends on the community. We can voice concerns here and there but it's not our job to tell 343 how to run the HCS - That's going to fall on the competitors and viewership numbers vs their expectations. 

If we're trying to grow Halo, which I think is something the community CAN do, we need to be way less negative on irrelevant things. Think of it like the Stepford Wives, the core of the neighborhood was completely terrible and evil or something, but they faked it well enough that they were still getting people to move in. I don't think the HCS is as bad as that so c'mon guys let's lead some people to their doom  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Saying the community is in the wrong is such an absurd thing to say and actually believe that I can't even find a way to properly respond to it. That's like saying the fans of professional baseball who don't want to see the length of the games shortened (IE changing games to 7 innings from the current 9 innings aka the way baseball has been since the mid 1800s) are the reason that baseball is "dying" (which actually is not true whatsoever and professional baseball has seen a consistent rise in viewership over the past few years, especially in the playoffs) or not evolving as some also like to say which is complete BS as well. 

Again missing my point, it's not the community's fault the game is the way it is. The community doesn't have impact on the actual game as we've seen for the past 3-4 years, so why are we incessantly trying to pretend we're CEO's and turn a game we love into some number crunching cesspool.

Well said, and i'll agree with you before you get attacked/negged by some of the people who "love" halo. Sadly I think we have gone down a path that is not fixable, and I don't really think it has anything to do with the games at this point it has to do with us as a community. The fact I came on here during the event and saw production being hated on for not showing the EG vs splyce series over the Liquid vs pnda series(which was to qualify) was very sad. EG lost to an AM team. I'll be the one to break your hearts I suppose, MLG would not have shown that match either. Obviously things can get better, but it gets to a point where it is simply ridiculous. Oh and Tashi is good at his job and I believe does what he can. That is coming from a pro player who does not go to 343 summits etc etc. That is coming from a pro player who does everything possible to fix this game, rules, etc etc. I love you all, but be careful who you follow or agree with simply because someone says they love halo. Obviously I understand where the negativity comes from, we all want the same thing. Well most of us actually do I should say. It gets to a point though where you have to begin to ask yourself, are you apart of the problem, or the solution? This is something I have ask myself a lot and so far I believe I have done almost everything I actually can. Hopefully no one takes this as personal attacks. Hopefully even though I am bashing negativity you all understand that I am well aware of where the frustration comes from. Haven't posted on here in a while and wanted to try to defend someone who spoke some truth. Have a great day and thank you for taking the time to read my long post.

It has everything to do with the games. There are excessively negative people in every video game community but it will be overshadowed by hype and positivity if the game is good and the developers show good support and an ability to listen to reasonable criticism. Just a few months ago you lost in a game 7 on truth where Huke got like 300 kills with a fuel rod. I'm not saying that to make fun of you or your team because obviously you're the best team in the game, but what does it say about this game when it takes them almost a year to realize that the competitive settings shouldn't have a 15 shot rocket launcher on a midship remake? We still have ARs in competitive settings, and on the casual side I'm getting forge maps that consistently have framerate lag over a year after the game has come out. This follows 343's track record of Halo 4 and then the MCC which to my knowledge is still broken. On top of all of this, 343 shows little awareness of any of these problems (except for maybe in private meetings with pros; I can't speak to that). I guarantee you that if Halo 6 is a great game there will be far fewer people who are complaining about broadcast choices.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Any word if roster changes do anything with points? or do they keep 2 people like Pro League?

Any team can make 1 roster change and keep their pro points.

But if EG makes a roster change they'll forfeit their pro seed for Pro League. (They'd still keep their #1 seed for the LCQ.)

• Upvote (+1) 4

nope blaze got dropped

I'm just happy Tiz didn't get dropped. Still hoping he can claw his way back up to pro status. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When I almost complained about people complaining about my post complaining about the complaints on team beyond dot net

large.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Again missing my point, it's not the community's fault the game is the way it is. The community doesn't have impact on the actual game as we've seen for the past 3-4 years, so why are we incessantly trying to pretend we're CEO's and turn a game we love into some number crunching cesspool.

The game is half the issue, and I will never say I'm the one who should be leading the way when it comes to designing a Halo game. Anyone with their senses about them will also never say that. The other half of the issue, and what is easily the bigger issue, is the HCS and how it's currently operated. That's what my post was more so referring to - when people blame the negativity, bashing, etc that goes on either on social media or on here on being the biggest issue this community currently faces.