CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm rooting for a last minute rule change that allows all of ALG, Cryptik, and Splyce to attend Worlds  :lxthul:

And EG pleeeease

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Voodooman had started to post and update the stats he took from mainstage. Looks like he'll be editing it throughout the week.

Glad someone took the stats, give him some props if you talk to him.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rjP1KyUXyvofhCF8lSvAeJYO6T3R9WhqULjxbEa80is/edit 

edit: update from a tweet of his, he has Winners Round 2, Winners Round 3, and Winners Bracket Finals up for today and will do more tomorrow. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

no

thats actually not a bad format. are the points are added up from an and the other qualifiers. im assuming they are but ive learned not to take too much for granted

edit: and can we stop the complaints about the complaining and the complaints about the complaints about the complaining? its hard enough to keep up with who is upset about what.

some people are unhappy with competitive halo as it stands. some like it. some dont care. can...can we just state our position without the infighting? its weird having to defend beyond to beyond users.

So many people claim to "love halo" and that they're only complaining because they want what's best for Halo. I'll address those people specifically -

You are the problem.

Rolling-my-eyes-so-hard.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

thats actually not a bad format. 

As long as Vegas gave pro points (we actually dont know yet).

Because if Cryptik has to play on Saturday for seeding, then that'd be ridiculous.

Also it gives EG the 1st seed, and again, those 16k free points help insure Splyce and Allegiance get punished for no reason.

Instead now Splyce/Allegiance will play in the Semifinals assuming neither got upset before then.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because if Cryptik has to play on Saturday for seeding, then that'd be ridiculous.

You're not being serious. Are you being serious? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also it gives EG the 1st seed, and again, those 16k free points help insure Splyce and Allegiance get punished for no reason.

Instead now Splyce/Allegiance will play in the Semifinals assuming neither got upset before then.

welp, like i said, i dont assume too much

You're not being serious. Are you being serious? 

When are we ever told anything? They changed the rulebook in Loser's Round 2 from Best of 5 to Best of 7 without telling anyone.

Information is kept a secret no reason and that's never changed.

*Edit*

We couldn't get an answer regarding how teams are seeded from Open to Champ bracket until AFTER our match that qualified us into Champ bracket.

Because fk knowing the format of a tournament before actually playing in it, right?

• Upvote (+1) 4

When are we ever told anything? They changed the rulebook in Loser's Round 2 from Best of 5 to Best of 7 without telling anyone.

*Edit*

We couldn't get an answer regarding how teams are seeded from Open to Champ bracket until AFTER our match that qualified us into Champ bracket.

Because fk knowing the format of a tournament before actually playing in it, right?

I mean...yeah, it just truly boggles my mind when I hear it and how it affects the people that are involved. I just...dont understand. 

Sadly I think we have gone down a path that is not fixable, and I don't really think it has anything to do with the games at this point it has to do with us as a community.

Reading this from my favorite pro is heartbreaking. To think the community is the problem for the production issues and decision making behind the HCS is just absurd.

It is not our fault that they continue to make the same basic production errors that could be fixed with even an ounce of effort.

It is not our fault that baffling decisions continue to plague the HCS (random 16,000 points, Panda league spot, etc).

The problems with the HCS lie with 343 Industries, not the community.

We get negative because we are fed up with the awful decision making, poor planning, non-existent communication, and amateur hour production. We get even more negative because almost all of this is extremely easy to fix.

Please stop blaming a passionate community of fans for rightfully being angry about the bullshit we are fed.

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 5

*Edit*

Not sure if you read the posts above, but you are the problem - not the solution. It's on you guys as managers, players, coaches etc to know what's going on with tournaments even if you weren't told. I don't care if it was decision was made and teams weren't informed in any capacity. BE THE SOLUTION CHAD. :lxthul:

In all serious, I get where everyone is coming from. I look at it like this - players, casters, community members, etc are always making remarks on every possible platform regarding the HCS for the last few years - just like that recent OpTic Podcast. There's a reason for that, do people go overboard at times? Oh hell yea, but let's not kid ourselves and think it has improved that much besides the obvious payouts. I don't know where I'm going with this post, but my interest has diminished in the last year for the league and it has nothing to do with the community or players. Also Breath of the Wild is amazing.

Nothing but love for @@SnakeBite btw, and congrats on Vegas!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So who are the 8 teams with points that get a bye to Sunday?

Well said, and i'll agree with you before you get attacked/negged by some of the people who "love" halo. Sadly I think we have gone down a path that is not fixable, and I don't really think it has anything to do with the games at this point it has to do with us as a community. The fact I came on here during the event and saw production being hated on for not showing the EG vs splyce series over the Liquid vs pnda series(which was to qualify) was very sad. EG lost to an AM team. I'll be the one to break your hearts I suppose, MLG would not have shown that match either. Obviously things can get better, but it gets to a point where it is simply ridiculous. Oh and Tashi is good at his job and I believe does what he can. That is coming from a pro player who does not go to 343 summits etc etc. That is coming from a pro player who does everything possible to fix this game, rules, etc etc. I love you all, but be careful who you follow or agree with simply because someone says they love halo. Obviously I understand where the negativity comes from, we all want the same thing. Well most of us actually do I should say. It gets to a point though where you have to begin to ask yourself, are you apart of the problem, or the solution? This is something I have ask myself a lot and so far I believe I have done almost everything I actually can. Hopefully no one takes this as personal attacks. Hopefully even though I am bashing negativity you all understand that I am well aware of where the frustration comes from. Haven't posted on here in a while and wanted to try to defend someone who spoke some truth. Have a great day and thank you for taking the time to read my long post.

I don't remember that. People weren't mad they didn't show splyce vs eg. they were mad at the situation where they didn't tell anyone about it being best of 7

The only time people were truly pissed was when Lg and NV were going to game 7 and instead of acknowledging it, they kept analyzing nonsense. Any downtime with a team playing on the featured station shouldn't happen. They should have been going to it quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if you read the posts above, but you are the problem - not the solution. It's on you guys as managers, players, coaches etc to know what's going on with tournaments even if you weren't told. I don't care if it was decision was made and teams weren't informed in any capacity. BE THE SOLUTION CHAD. :lxthul:

nsYiCe7.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Grapevine homie

I hope for the best but I think it's a downgrade for him.

I assume he's replacing burton?

Tashi just confirmed on twitter that the point distribution in the handbook is real (couldn't be sure after the Losers round 2 was changed that was also in the handbook).

But, here's the point breakdown from Vegas.

xBNKG3x.png

Splyce/ALG - 600 points

EG/Cryptik/Wise/3sUP - 300 points

StDx/Lethal/Second Nature/Imperium - 150 points