CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It was really fucking dumb, exactly the same confusion and feeling as the second time it happened (in losers bracket for reals) where you're scrambling trying to find a source for the info + further details knowing that shit could potentially be popping off already.

Wow, someone posts something wrong on the internet. I am absolutely shocked! 

Read the end of my post, here I'll read it back to you:

"It is AB-SO-LUTELY OK to criticize and push for improvement... But it gets so melodramatic when it isn't necessary."

Simms coming here was very receptive to any and all criticism, as was I assume the rest of the production team. We got casting on the feature station where they basically had to crowbar it into the production, we got a countdown rather than 'wait 5mins m8'. The issues got resolved one way or the other, it really doesn't take post after post of circlejerk dogshit to get the message across. 

I directly responded to this. How do you decide what is worth criticizing if everyone has different opinions? You broke your entire argument by saying, "well your guy's critiques fixed some problems but I don't like your other critiques so you should stop unless I agree!"

They fixed things that were not going well in the first place? That isn't something to praise them for. They never should have had to "crowbar" sidestreams into production in the first place. That's the whole point. 

With regards to what is relevant to cry about, just use common sense. No production is perfect, this is a reaction from CSGO Katowice despite them having a much bigger team and also have the venue set up for a week before the Counter-Strike portion even kicked off:

The issues that CSGO face are extremely different. Their problems are not having no user names, no audio, and no side streams. No one is going to be upset over technical issues. No one freaked out over the game crashing.The issue is missing fundamental parts of a stream. It seems you don't understand the arguments people are making and would rather punch a straw man than address the actual complaints.

Just use common sense? I think player names, audio, and side streams seem pretty common sense.

For the last part where essentially feels like you're talking past me, I don't really know what to say other than I hope you don't do this in real life.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

<3 Thanks man. I'm not missing a single event this year. Gonna photograph them all. :)

Still crazy that you're paying your own way.

Seriously though, you're the man for always taking such great pictures.

• Upvote (+1) 7

<3 Thanks man. I'm not missing a single event this year. Gonna photograph them all. :)

I appreciate you.

also, this Saturday is gonna be madness 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Still crazy that you're paying your own way.

Seriously though, you're the man for always taking such great pictures.

Yeah...haha. I actually work better anyways when I go on my own and Im not shooting for someone...I'll explain more about that in my post on here when I upload the album.

I appreciate the kind words as always <3

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah...haha. I actually work better anyways when I go on my own and Im not shooting for someone...I'll explain more about that in my post on here when I upload the album.

I appreciate the kind words as always <3

You should take a break from all this hard work and take a vacation.. I hear tampa is pretty nice from August 12th - 19th..  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You should take a break from all this hard work and take a vacation.. I hear tampa is pretty nice from August 12th - 19th.. :kappa:

Haha I've actually been wanting to go to one of those.

I think I'm gonna go to Seattle for my "vacation" to check out the sights, see the Halo museum, get ARs removed, ect.

But we will see!

• Upvote (+1) 3

My brain says Splyce is going to win this weekend and qualify for HWC.

My heart says ALG is going to come in fired up and take it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

but my hope is for cryptik to pull a miracle and make it to worlds

• Upvote (+1) 6

Confirmed tibey and spartan are a thing 

I think the Forge frames issue being resolved is a really big deal. I reached out to Tom French to confirm it fixed what we think it fixed:

Going forward, I'm optimistic this means we'll see forge maps actually considered for competitive play, something that's necessary to sustain the game. Without the frames issue, there's no more reason for good Forge maps not to be in.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I want ALG to win, but I agree that Splyce is the best online team there is right now. I also wouldn't be surprised if Baby J's team makes a very close run.

Hard to imagine worlds without Bubu, but I would love to see my boys Ryanoob and Prototype making it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want ALG to win, but I agree that Splyce is the best online team there is right now. I also wouldn't be surprised if Baby J's team makes a very close run.

I'd argue that Envy is the best online team considering that they won 3/5 of the online cups and have a top 2 scrim record this year amongst pro teams.

@@Sandman have you put out your album from Vegas yet?

Nope. I'm almost done. I can't finish it till I'm off work.

I meant to finish it last night but I fell asleep

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd argue that Envy is the best online team considering that they won 3/5 of the online cups and have a top 2 scrim record this year amongst pro teams.

I meant that is playing this weekend. 

Nope. I'm almost done. I can't finish it till I'm off work.

I meant to finish it last night but I fell asleep

Cool. Can't wait!

A team with Ryanoob and Prototype is somehow "Baby J's team"

giphy.gif

Ok, it Prototype's team in my mind. :^)

What improvements would you want to see from the Gfinity events?

You know what was awesome? You asked for input and actually implemented it. From what i was able to see of the london event, it was really smooth with minimal downtime and some great interviews and analysis to fill the gaps between games. And you're back again looking to improve more.

EU halo may be smaller than na, but with passion behind events, it will only grow.

d069wt.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ya I'm still matching teams of 4. Just put in direct party restrictions please and stop pussyfooting with this bs that doesn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm rooting for a last minute rule change that allows all of ALG, Cryptik, and Splyce to attend Worlds  :lxthul:

But the drama of only 1 place left is more entertaining and will give us better matches. Kek