CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 may not being doing everything right, but I think we still need to greatly appreciate what they ARE doing. Very few games have the same level of developer support. Even CSGO is primarily 3rd party ran. Valve hadn't really been involved very much until the most recent ELEAGUE finals.

Unfortunately Halo isn't in a place where it can be self-sustainable as an Esport because sponsorship advertising is something around 75-80% of Esports revenue, and sponsors are decreasingly interested in console Esports. There are companies like ASTRO and Scuf who are heavily invested in the community, but they cannot support the ecosystem alone.

So while 343 isn't perfect, I think we are pretty fortunate to have the support we do have.

Sounds like eSports Arena is dying so you're shilling.

Also ASTRO and Scuf have basically abandoned the Halo Championship Series at this point while still managing to show support to the community.

What does that tell you about the league, 343 Industries, and their "esports producers?"

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Sounds like eSports Arena is dying so you're shilling.

Also ASTRO and Scuf have basically abandoned the Halo Championship Series at this point while still managing to show support to the community.

What does that tell you about the league, 343 Industries, and their "esports producers?"

I agree with most of the things you say but that first sentence was a little much. But you are right in that the lack of sponsorship for hcs/hwc says a lot about the health of the scene and the competency of those running it

• Upvote (+1) 2

Food for thought, all of the old ALG member made Worlds except the guys who was supposed to be the best. Suspector.

Suspector fell off hard since worlds. Was looking like a top 5 player at worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Suspector fell off hard since worlds. Was looking like a top 5 player at worlds.

Yeah but if you ask anyone even right now they would tell you that Suspector is better than Naded, el Town and Cratos.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yeah but if you ask anyone even right now they would tell you that Suspector is better than Naded, el Town and Cratos.

suspector just lost to naded and cratos on lan like 3 days ago m8

• Upvote (+1) 2

suspector just lost to naded and cratos on lan like 3 days ago m8

I know... but... ok nevermid . I don't think my English is good enough.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I know... but... ok nevermid . I don't think my English is good enough.

it's NEVERMIND you ILLITERATE

< 3

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He is still better than the last two. Suspector played well at Vegas.

He was also the best player on e6 at Chattanooga

He is still better than the last two. Suspector played well at Vegas.

He was also the best player on e6 at Chattanooga

I know, but somehow his team didn't make Worlds.

Very few games have the same level of developer support.

Which is what exactly?

I've questioned the "dev support" we've had since H2A. I don't see it, or see it as "good dev support" Although I don't think a distinction should need to be made there.

News to me that we're dying. We've got some pretty cool stuff planned for '17/'18.

I'm not completely defending 343. Just making the point we wouldn't be better off without them.

Home grown 3rd party support that has been there from the start has always been better than DEV support. 

You have to understand though, Halo has been so mistreated by the developers and so has the community. If Halo had mostly community controlled eSports with 343i acting as sponsors/advertisers we'd be in a whole better position. 

It gets harder and harder to defend Halo after the Golden Age MLG era, people are tired of mediocrity considering Halo was the forefront of console FPS esports and we are struggling to get back up. What do you think happens when Halo doesnt pull in numbers and the community doesnt invest in the esports part of it? Microsoft wont be throwing high prize pool tourneys just because for long.

Also, dont mind Frank lol, good guy says things harshly. Im sure ESA is doing well, keep the community first ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Food for thought, all of the old ALG member made Worlds except the guys who was supposed to be the best. Suspector.

Suspector has fallen imo. I'd say hes the worst player on ALG.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Incredible how a single play can get you out of worlds.

Halos very situational, a single play can win or lose you a game at any point during the match.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RIP EG. Going to take a miracle now

I thought it was possible for EG to win the LCQ over LG but I don't see them winning it over Splyce. Not online at least.