CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I want to know why the engine seems so damned inefficient. I have no idea.

On my PC i can run any game on medium or high at 1080p, vsync off and maintain 60 FPS or better. Its not a killer machine, but its good enough to prevent me from every having any stuttering or screen tearing. This is for Overwatch and Gears mostly, but also CS, Paladins and i just played Battlefield 1 this past weekend too. All of which can maintain 60 fps at medium or better.

In H5 Forge i have everything turned way the fuck down and i still get constant stuttering and screen tearing. The only way to stop screen tearing is to either enable vsync and add lag, or turn the resolution down.

what gives 343...

Are you talking specifically about forge maps or "H5: Forge?"

On the bright side, my Liquid hoodie I ordered Sunday should be here Thursday. So that's cool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On the bright side, my Liquid hoodie I ordered Sunday should be here Thursday. So that's cool.

Str8 Rippin take notes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In other news, I have some really exciting :intel: for my good TeamBeyond friends.

There's a baby mikeface on the way, coming to defeat an Ogre2-aged Shotzzy straight into retirement during Halo 10. 

:intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:

nq0UTbe.png

Congrats man, thats awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can easily have both of you scale back on the superflous visual effects for MP.

Hell, you wouldnt even have to cut back on the visuals if you allowed an extra xbox to act exclusively as the host.

Both should be pillars. Not scapegoats for underdelivering.

Visual effects don't have a large impact on CPU performance, the GPU handles most of that. Stuff like physics modelling is what the CPU does.

Are you talking specifically about forge maps or "H5: Forge?"

Dev maps in H5 on PC

@@FrankTheShow is usually right in his assessment, I honestly couldn't give two shits what his personality is like. I respect the truth however it's told.

It's almost as if people think that if we treat them with the utmost respect they will visit every day and interact and fix the game. 

If they can't handle basic criticism then why the fuck should anyone care about their feelings?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think Tashi's role is "personal caretaker" of the HCS, is it? And I don't mean in just a literal sense. As an "esports producer," that doesn't put him in charge of HCS or mean he's calling the shots. Or am I mistaken?

Who knows at this point. For 343 Producer is probably a very broad title it could mean anything, like who knows how many hcs council points that title gives him, probably less than cratos so if I had to guess the chairman running the show it would be the cratos he probably stole Josh Holmes's points

@@FrankTheShow is the Donald Trump of Halo. He speaks his mind and says it how it is despite the opposition trying to silence him.

If Frank could run Halo how he makes his forum posts we'd all be better off for it.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

@@FrankTheShow is usually right in his assessment, I honestly couldn't give two shits what his personality is like. I respect the truth however it's told.

Good luck with that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't think Tashi's role is "personal caretaker" of the HCS, is it? And I don't mean in just a literal sense. As an "esports producer," that doesn't put him in charge of HCS or mean he's calling the shots. Or am I mistaken?

I agree.

But the fact that we can't even figure out what he does as an esports producer is baffling and reflects his general contribution to this scene in our eyes.

@@FrankTheShow is the Donald Trump of Halo. He speaks his mind and says it how it is despite the opposition trying to silence him.

If Frank could run Halo how he makes his forum posts we'd all be better off for it.

So does that make us the democrats in the House/Senate who fight everything he says while not clapping for a widow whose husband died on a military mission?

Is Frank going to deport me from Team Beyond tho?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just saw this on my sub box from Xbox

:mj:

This video reminds me that halo is a microsoft product. Then I remember how st louis was so bad it looked like it was produced by a up and coming 12 year old streamer. How is this acceptable.

Is Frank going to deport me from Team Beyond tho?

Any halo 4 kids will get deported to waypoint  :intensifies:

If you order Str8 apparel, you get it within 5-7 days. It's been like that for about a month now. The reason for the massive delay to begin with was because the brand they partnered up with at first had low quality material (uncomfortable, logo would sometimes come off the shirt, etc.) which was discovered during the test round of orders. During that time, they got a ridiculous amount more of orders than they thought they would. That's a good thing, but couple that with the fact that they decided to switch brands to a MUCH more comfortable and higher quality brand / partner that took a while to actually produce the apparel, you get a lot of unhappy people. It was worth it, though, because the new brand really is a lot better. IMO it was a good idea to be delayed and give everyone the good product rather than stay with the low quality brand just to get the orders out ASAP. The people that ordered apparel during that first wave got a nice discount for future orders, too.

I know you were probably just messing around, but I wanted to explain it all and clarify that if you order Str8 Rippin apparel now, you get it within a normal timeframe like anything else you'd order.  :ace:

Totally memeing. I've worn my zip up hoodie practically every day since it arrived and it's warm as shit.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Added 5 South African teams to Halo Data Hive. The LBF was delayed but it should be coming up soon!

• Upvote (+1) 9

Visual effects don't have a large impact on CPU performance, the GPU handles most of that. Stuff like physics modelling is what the CPU does.

The CPU can act as a bottleneck though especially when trying to run halo's physics with a 60fps framebuffer. Sure gpu is responsible for rendering the imagine, but the cpu's gotta tell it what where and when, and in Halo it's having to keep track of more physical objects than many other games.

All I'm going to say is I can't imagine having that kind of job and having a resource like this thread/forum available to me, and NOT making significant use of it in my day to day. If I were running the show, you'd be seeing the fruits of your internet labor very quickly taking form in real time. And if I couldn't implement any of the good suggestions, I would be on here with a quick post explaining why.

Guys, what I'm trying to say is, Mikeface for Head of Halo ESports 2017.

Snakebite will never make it more than 3 steps out of his spawn  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

To run a successful business one has to be nice, not experienced or knowledgeable about what to do. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

343 may not being doing everything right, but I think we still need to greatly appreciate what they ARE doing. Very few games have the same level of developer support. Even CSGO is primarily 3rd party ran. Valve hadn't really been involved very much until the most recent ELEAGUE finals.

Unfortunately Halo isn't in a place where it can be self-sustainable as an Esport because sponsorship advertising is something around 75-80% of Esports revenue, and sponsors are decreasingly interested in console Esports. There are companies like ASTRO and Scuf who are heavily invested in the community, but they cannot support the ecosystem alone.

So while 343 isn't perfect, I think we are pretty fortunate to have the support we do have.

I agree with most of what you said.

But the issue is that so many fixes can be made with so little effort. Yet they're not made.

Plus, 343 refuse to acknowledge feedback

When they do, it's usually from Warzone kids on Reddit who want super fiesta to be in the HCS because it allows for "Ply-style variety."

And when the community shits on them, they say they listened to the pros despite the pros telling them to do the exact fucking opposite of whatever dumb shit they did. 343i is the Trump of esports development with how much shit they lie about.

Wow, this post was a lot less salty in my head. My B, even though they're all true.

• Upvote (+1) 1