CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like for the HCS account to tweet something it has to go through all the higher ups and it has to have a unanimous vote

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you realise the point you're making is being lost in what seems like a personal crusade against individuals?

You may well be right man, I agree with a lot of what you say. But you come across like Tashi slept with your mother.

More like how Tashi is neglecting HCS as its personal caretaker, while people decide to shift their anger on the person who's calling it out like it is.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like for the HCS account to tweet something it has to go through all the higher ups and it has to have a unanimous vote

You mean the "HCS Council" :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd take 60fps over LAN any day.

You can easily have both of you scale back on the superflous visual effects for MP.

Hell, you wouldnt even have to cut back on the visuals if you allowed an extra xbox to act exclusively as the host.

Both should be pillars. Not scapegoats for underdelivering.

• Upvote (+1) 4

gn3g5le.png

so apparently they are finishing the LCQ on sunday

(this was never announced)

Good. The LCQ should have as much seeding build up as possible to ensure the fairest possible circumstances. An Open Qualifier going into a double-elim LCQ is the optimal way to do it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And it's only the ones being invited to exclusive events like the HCS summit or pre release parties.

Yes, because i'm sure those are reasons that pro players like him... give me a break man.

The points you are making are(usually) entirely valid.  Tashi does not seem qualified for the job he has as evidenced by the product that has been presented. nobody can argue against that.

But the way you present your arguments overshadows any substance that may be hidden in there. you act like a child that just got their chicken nuggets taken away or a teenager who had their girlfriend stolen by one of their bros.

You make perfectly valid points but you drove off the cliff with your personal attacks on Tashi weeks ago and nobody wants to listen to it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All I'm going to say is I can't imagine having that kind of job and having a resource like this thread/forum available to me, and NOT making significant use of it in my day to day. If I were running the show, you'd be seeing the fruits of your internet labor very quickly taking form in real time. And if I couldn't implement any of the good suggestions, I would be on here with a quick post explaining why.

Guys, what I'm trying to say is, Mikeface for Head of Halo ESports 2017.

To be honest, they shouldn't have to rely on a forum (despite our unparalleled passion) to know how to do their jobs correctly.

MLG and other established tournament operators have been optimizing and improving esports for decades. Gears of War literally has a program that blows 343/Halo out of the water and they are a much, much smaller console esport (FROM THE EXACT SAME PUBLISHER. ROFL WHAT?).

It literally is incomprehensible. Do these people even watch or play other esports?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't get why Frank is always attacking Tashi all I hear from Halo Pros is that he is the best employee and the nicest guy in the HCS.

You can be a fantastic human and still be bad at your job.

• Upvote (+1) 9

In other news, I have some really exciting :intel: for my good TeamBeyond friends.

There's a baby mikeface on the way, coming to defeat an Ogre2-aged Shotzzy straight into retirement during Halo 10. 

:intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:

nq0UTbe.png

congrats dude!!! 

the meme team just got a little bit bigger 

• Upvote (+1) 2

In other news, I have some really exciting :intel: for my good TeamBeyond friends.

There's a baby mikeface on the way, coming to defeat an Ogre2-aged Shotzzy straight into retirement during Halo 10. 

:intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:

nq0UTbe.png

Congratz!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can easily have both of you scale back on the superflous visual effects for MP.

Hell, you wouldnt even have to cut back on the visuals if you allowed an extra xbox to act exclusively as the host.

Both should be pillars. Not scapegoats for underdelivering.

I want to know why the engine seems so damned inefficient.  I have no idea.  

On my PC i can run any game on medium or high at 1080p, vsync off and maintain 60 FPS or better.  Its not a killer machine, but its good enough to prevent me from every having any stuttering or screen tearing.  This is for Overwatch and Gears mostly, but also CS, Paladins and i just played Battlefield 1 this past weekend too.  All of which can maintain 60 fps at medium or better.

In H5 Forge i have everything turned way the fuck down and i still get constant stuttering and screen tearing. The only way to stop screen tearing is to either enable vsync and add lag, or turn the resolution down.

what gives 343...

More like how Tashi is neglecting HCS as its personal caretaker, while people decide to shift their anger on the person who's calling it out like it is.

I don't think Tashi's role is "personal caretaker" of the HCS, is it? And I don't mean in just a literal sense. As an "esports producer," that doesn't put him in charge of HCS or mean he's calling the shots. Or am I mistaken?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to know why the engine seems so damned inefficient.  I have no idea.  

On my PC i can run any game on medium or high at 1080p, vsync off and maintain 60 FPS or better.  Its not a killer machine, but its good enough to prevent me from every having any stuttering or screen tearing.  This is for Overwatch and Gears mostly, but also CS, Paladins and i just played Battlefield 1 this past weekend too.  All of which can maintain 60 fps at medium or better.

In H5 Forge i have everything turned way the fuck down and i still get constant stuttering and screen tearing. The only way to stop screen tearing is to either enable vsync and add lag, or turn the resolution down.

what gives 343...

343 doesn't have the greatest history of porting things to different systems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 doesn't have the greatest history of porting things to different systems.

Touche