CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Keep living in denial while we enjoy the lowest viewership for the Halo Championship Series during a world championship event held in Burbank, California.

are u able to read? How do you use a fucking pc? Nobody said anything about being right or wrong, you just have trash personality and are not able to put out your thoughts and opinion in a manner that is any anyway respectable or right. This is why you get the negs, nobody cares if you are right.

Edit: Also what did Tashi do before 343? What is his degree? Why should he not have the job?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

are u able to read? How do you use a fucking pc? Nobody said anything about being right or wrong, you just have trash personality and are not able to put out your thoughts and opinion in a manner that is any anyway respectable or right. This is why you get the negs, nobody cares if you are right.

Edit: Also what did Tashi do before 343? What is his degree? Why should he not have the job?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tahir-hasandjekic-58603089

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm 69.9% sure @@Tashi got his job from knowing @@Frankie at NeoGAF with the whole HaloGAF bs years back, I think he might have attended a MLG once too? Didn't do much with competitive Halo before that - not that Che did either. Do we still not know who runs the HCS lol?

----

Either way, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I always feel like people put more effort into criticizing @@FrankTheShow's posts instead of the actual issues that continue to plague the HCS. Franks an ass at times for sure with his blunt thoughts, but most of the stuff he throws out isn't exactly farfetched from what a lot of people think. If the HCS actually cared about the community here, they put some effort into visiting. You can put out the whole "toxic" bs, but I can tell you they made the decision not to interact here.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not su

Not sure about his degree or job but he was and is an active member of Halogaf and had a podcast going for a bit. I never recall his podcast having anything to do with the competitive side of Halo. Its been a while.

neogaf forum poster

(i'm not saying he doesn't deserve the job, i've never met or spoke to him)

I don't get why Frank is always attacking Tashi all I hear from Halo Pros is that he is the best employee and the nicest guy in the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

neogaf forum poster

(i'm not saying he doesn't deserve the job, i've never met or spoke to him)

He was a community cartographer and then was on bs angel's community team, that's it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't get why Frank is always attacking Tashi all I hear from Halo Pros is that he is the best employee and the nicest guy in the HCS.

Notice how it's just the Pro Players.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know Tashi from HaloGAF, I'm a member myself but seems like nobody of you can tell me what his degree is, so you don't know if he is suited for the job?

Notice how it's just the Pro Players.

And it's only the ones being invited to exclusive events like the HCS summit or pre release parties.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol i get the tech, i was being mostly rhetorical (internet tone FTW!)

Anyway yeah, It's just incredibly shortsighted to not include LAN support and i get the feeling that the "local server" solution was thought of after the fact, and not originally planned to be how the HCS was supposed to be ran. I think thats obvious actually. Then again, its not really surprising since the HCS seems like something that was thrown together at the last minute anyway.

Oh sorry lol.

I honestly dont understand how this developed. There was a rumor that MS was requiring teams to stop using LAN support for security reasons. Then Rod Ferguson implied that he fought with MS to get it in for Gears 4 (mind you Gears UE also had it and MCC).

Then Frankie said last week that teams are free to come up with anything they want and 343 chose to go all in on cloud (which allows them to save cpu to hit their 60fps target)

Its hard to judge how late in the game HCS was settled upon. Worlds was announced pretty early on, as was the fact that Warzone would fund esports.

I think this is another beurocratic issue where the right people arent in the room when technical decisions are being made. I cant imagine that a MP minded employee would ever say 'who needs local MP when we have 60fps and dedicated servers...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know Tashi from HaloGAF, I'm a member myself but seems like nobody of you can tell me what his degree is, so you don't know if he is suited for the job?

I think people are just basing their opinion on the quality of the product.

He reddit response to critism of the NA qualifying structure was a display of a total lack of understanding of how tournaments should be structured in order to be fair and compelling.

• Upvote (+1) 4

gn3g5le.png

so apparently they are finishing the LCQ on sunday

(this was never announced)

I believe it was. I knew about it but I don't remember from where. Will look for the source when I get out of class tonight.

What does his general personality have to do with his lack of communication and other moments of frustrating decisions with this community?

Oh sorry lol.

I honestly dont understand how this developed. There was a rumor that MS was requiring teams to stop using LAN support for security reasons. Then Rod Ferguson implied that he fought with MS to get it in for Gears 4 (mind you Gears UE also had it and MCC).

Then Frankie said last week that teams are free to come up with anything they want and 343 chose to go all in on cloud (which allows them to save cpu to hit their 60fps target)

Its hard to judge how late in the game HCS was settled upon. Worlds was announced pretty early on, as was the fact that Warzone would fund esports.

I think this is another beurocratic issue where the right people arent in the room when technical decisions are being made. I cant imagine that a MP minded employee would ever say 'who needs local MP when we have 60fps and dedicated servers...

I'd take 60fps over LAN any day.

• Downvote (-1) 2

im not really sure what his degree has to do with it, but if you look at the state of hcs and the hwc, you can tell that, while he may not be our worst option, he is far from the right person for the job.

nice =/= best candidate for the job

guys we've had 2 pro league seasons and are on our second worlds season. how long do we wait  for things to get better?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather have both

Same.

So why can't we have both like GOW 4?

Different engines, limitations etc.

GOW is a less taxing game than Halo in terms of CPU as well, far less things going on.