CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Liquid also took Optic 7 games twice in the first LAN. Liquid has the best players in h5 outside of Optic and Huke on their squad.

Just once, I thought.  WBF was a Bo5 wasn't it? (Went 5 games)

From what I am hearing the only stats that will be available are the ones from the series on Mainstage. Luckily Voodooman was working mainstage and realized it's a good idea to take pictures after each game. If it was someone else I'm almost positive they wouldn't even bother, just like the rest of the stations. Props to Voodooman, I'll try to find out when they can release the stats.

I am pretty sure I saw Refs taking pictures of screens at Feature Stations as well. I could be wrong

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am pretty sure I saw Refs taking pictures of screens at Feature Stations as well. I could be wrong

Its sad that this is such an unknown

Yo, it's a fiancée. Just cause I think you're cute doesn't mean I'm marrying a dude.

TIL: fiancé isn't a unisex word.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its sad that this is such an unknown

I agree. Wish there was something I could do to help :/ I'd take pictures of the screens If I wasn't busy shooting 

Commonly didnt.

Also pretty sure he's referring to them outplacing EG.

Commonly and penguin dropped ninja and victory and picked up rayne and spartan. They outplaced them in both pro league and lan events

they were on live, but not playing Halo 5 in the sense of what we play. 

Im sorry, but how is this less complicated than integrating true lan play into the game?  They're connected to live, but not playing games off it?

How does the local dedicated server work exactly.  It seems like they just let the game pick the closest server like it usually does, but since the closest server is on LAN it picks that one?  Does anybody else get the feeling thats how this works?

Im sorry, but how is this less complicated than integrating true lan play into the game? They're connected to live, but not playing games off it?

How does the local dedicated server work exactly. It seems like they just let the game pick the closest server like it usually does, but since the closest server is on LAN it picks that one? Does anybody else get the feeling thats how this works?

True LAN play would require P2P networking, which would require a local CPU to be reserved for hosting dutys. H5 is using up the CPU that would have been used for hosting for other tasks.

So its not that this solution is less complicated than implimenting LAN play, its that 343 ran with the idea that each xbox would have full use of its CPU thanks to dedis and based their entire game around that.

The consoles they are using are just authenticating via xbox live. The game build they are playing probably isnt capable of communicating with remote servers at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For some reason, I always thought they did a server dump for the stats.

At the Pro League Season 2 Finals, ESL was very helpful with providing us with every game that was played not just on the main stage.

Since they play H5 on dev builds which I would assume connects to a Local server instead of the XBL server. We are unable to use the API to pull the stats we would normally be able to do.

It sucks trying to run cool community driven things like FantasyHCS when stats are so hard to come by for these events.

:prayers:  I am hoping that ESL will be able to follow their own example of how to run an event like they did with the Season 2 Finals because I honestly felt they did a great job and literally a Day after the event, we had all the stats.

#BeLikeESL?

• Upvote (+1) 9

For some reason, I always thought they did a server dump for the stats.

At the Pro League Season 2 Finals, ESL was very helpful with providing us with every game that was played not just on the main stage.

Since they play H5 on dev builds which I would assume connects to a Local server instead of the XBL server. We are unable to use the API to pull the stats we would normally be able to do.

It sucks trying to run cool community driven things like FantasyHCS when stats are so hard to come by for these events.

:prayers: I am hoping that ESL will be able to follow their own example of how to run an event like they did with the Season 2 Finals because I honestly felt they did a great job and literally a Day after the event, we had all the stats.

#BeLikeESL?

Well Tashi is officially an "esports producer" at 343 Industries now so literally expect eight steps backwards and for most if not all sponsors to pull out, or continue to rather.

It's unfortunate we have such inexperienced people in these important positions in a community we all love and simply want the best for. Instead of people defending themselves or stepping up and delivering on what the community deserves, Tashi mutes all negativity from his Twitter and FaithSide blocks anyone questioning her credibility and qualifications.

They will never be able to deliver on what the community deserves.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 14

True LAN play would require P2P networking, which would require a local CPU to be reserved for hosting dutys. H5 is using up the CPU that would have been used for hosting for other tasks.

So its not that this solution is less complicated than implimenting LAN play, its that 343 ran with the idea that each xbox would have full use of its CPU thanks to dedis and based their entire game around that.

The consoles they are using are just authenticating via xbox live. The game build they are playing probably isnt capable of communicating with remote servers at all.

lol i get the tech, i was being mostly rhetorical (internet tone FTW!)

Anyway yeah, It's just incredibly shortsighted to not include LAN support and i get the feeling that the "local server" solution was thought of after the fact, and not originally planned to be how the HCS was supposed to be ran.  I think thats obvious actually.  Then again, its not really surprising since the HCS seems like something that was thrown together at the last minute anyway.

Nah, I think people are negging you because you're being a dick.

Keep living in denial while we enjoy the lowest viewership for the Halo Championship Series during a world championship event held in Burbank, California.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Summit is streaming H5 now. 

OH SHIT.

edit: aiming is still trash - ugh. He's not playing anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 6