CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oh 100%, plus the AM teams were giving some great matches. I mean sure, the Halo they play is obviously the highest quality, but their matches are extremely dull & predictable imo. Especially compared to some of the upsets from yesterday, we had some amazing game 7's or game 6's. Matches were pretty unpredictable.

Fair play to Optic obviously, but I just prefer the days of old when grand finals were neck & neck.

The LANd event prior to Vegas had two 7 game series' in the finals. I think that historically there isn't tons and tons of close finals series from "back in the day". There was about one close finals series every year and the rest ended up being in the range of a 6-2 or 6-3

What happened to Walshy hitting Strongside with a pie?

It's going on periscope :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Really enjoyed this event but there are still stuff to be fixed for future Halo events (promotion of events, more exposure trough tweets from Halo and Xbox, side station streams)

damn year 3 of getting carried to first! 

:simms:

7 more and he'll beat Ogre 2s record.

• Upvote (+1) 5

-snip-

#JustLethulThings

thanks for updating this so quickly

the eswiki bracket was better than the ME one

• Upvote (+1) 1

ozrRBZF.png

There was an attempt.

They just wanted to give a shout out to the UI  :kappa:

That's actually really shitty. 

Worlds tickets are still available as well. 

j7ufTR9.png

:(

Its 3:40pm in Sydney. So technically we always get championship Monday. It championship Tuesday that nearly happened last time that is a problem

The tournaments just keep getting better.

The production on the part of Millennial was not horrible. Certainly not good, but it's still Sunday and I don't think we had any breaks longer the ~15 minutes. Baby steps. To be honest, I'm surprised the timing actually worked considering this event had the most teams of any HCS event and with how many best of 7s had to be ran.

Gameplay wise: Holy shit-balls.

OpTic since Fall Finals have once again distanced themselves from every other team. LG/Pnda/Cryptik really impressed me, while I was hoping for more from EG/Splyce/Allegiance. The games were amazing, best yet, easily.

In my opinion, OpTic / CLG are a dynasty much like Instinct / FB. If they win Worlds again, I don't really see an argument for anyone to use to dispute that.

TLDR: OpTic top 1. We avoided Champ Monday. Still many improvements to make. Fuck Cratos.

Instinct had a shorter run than this optic team, lost more tourneys, and even finished outside the top2 once

Well now that the event is over, i'll be the one to break the ice.

There is no way NV stays together if they can't even break top 2 at this point. i know it's easy to say mikwen is the problem but honestly i feel like huke is the only one that consistently shows up to play. There is a serious tilt factor between snipe, mikwen and ola if they can choke away a 93-35 lead on strongholds(shitty map withstanding), then go cold for the rest of the series.

Liquid on the other hand need to build more on their teamplay as that is the biggest thing preventing them from taking OG. They just seem to not rely on teamshot and it showed in the slayers in GF

LG/Panda showed some promise and if they can grind more, seeds 3 and lower become a moshpit of competition. 

I would personally like to see NV stick together regardless of what happens at worlds.

They're a great bunch of players with the potential to make things work. But what ever does happen I'll still lend my support 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really don't think Mikwen is the problem with nV, he's just not the biggest name on the team. A lot of those losses were on Snipedown and Ola. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

LMAO dafuq 

also teambeyond now comes up before twitter in my search bar when I enter 't' good job guys

• Upvote (+1) 1

Highest stream count I saw was 27.7k

I saw 28,350

35 codes at UGC > 15 codes at Vegas

One of the only things better at UGC.

The code placement was very predictable. If they gave codes when a good play happened less people would tune in when the match ends. Have no evidence that viewership changed at this time, just what I think could have happened.

-Snip-

-PaPaMikwen

Kind of OT but after seeing Penguin's post game interview and this post, i'm so happy to see parental support in our scene. This is imperative to the growth of Esports and it's important that this doesn't go unnoticed. 

• Upvote (+1) 5